The Accident

The Substitute

Chapter Two : The Accident

 

 

“I-I can’t remember anything.”

 

---------------------------------------------------∞∞∞--------------------------------------------------

 

Sunggyu could felt the heavy tense in the air because the room became quiet for a seconds. He broke the silent while still gripping the blanket and continued his words.

 

After I woke up, I’m trying to remember any single things, about the accident, about my past, even my name, b-but I can’t remembered it. My mind goes blank.” He sighing. The black-haired man walking to Sunggyu right side and facing the doctor who looked deeply in thought.

 

Did he amnesia?” Woohyun asked, glaring at the doctor, who examined Sunggyu face, still look deeply in thought.

 

It could be.” The doctor assuming. Touching his chin with his right hand.

 

Amnesia could be caused by many aspect like brain damage, disease or psychological trauma. From his case, I think it caused by the last one. It could be come from traumatic event when the car hitting him or it could be come from his injury head.” The doctor’s explained in a serious face.

 

“Did you felt hurts or dizzy whenever you tried recalled your memories?” The doctor asked and Sunggyu shook his head.

 

“I felt dizzy once, when I awake.” Sunggyu said.

 

“Is this going to be p-permanent?” Sunggyu stuttered on his words. He doesn’t know how to reacting over this situation. He felt horrible and scared.

 

Actually, It takes different to the each cases and persons. On your case, it wouldn’t be permanent but it’s still took a times. It could be months or even years.” Sungyeol explained. Sunggyu deadpanned. How could he live now?

 

“How about we doing the MRI or CT scan?” Woohyun suggested and the doctor nodded his head fast.

 

“Yeah, yeah. We should. I’ll go checking if we can use the laboratory now.” The doctor said and hurriedly leaving the room with the nurse tailing on his back, leaving the two male with their own thoughts.

 

Train of thoughts were rolling on Sunggyu mind, from the positive possibilities until the bad possibilities. He doesn’t even realize that his hands still gripping the blanket tightly, like he want to ripping it. His body trembling from the shocking information. He felt nothing beside on the edge to crying. He look up when he felt a hands gripping softly on his shoulders.

 

“Don’t worry. You’ll be alright.” The man, Woohyun, said with a small smile plastering on his lips.

 

Sunggyu felt weird, he can’t take his eyes from the man’s eyes. Sunggyu was about to saying something when the nurse appeared with a wheel-chair on his hands and broken their staring contest.

 

“The laboratory was ready for you. Dr. Lee was already there waiting for you.” The nurse said politely. She put the wheel-chair on the left side of the bed and the two helping Sunggyu to rolling out from the bed and sitting on the two-wheels chair.

 

The three went to the laboratory with the nurse walking on Sunggyu side while Woohyun pushing the wheel-chair from behind. The silent engulfing they little walking to the laboratory.

 

They arrived at the laboratory in a minutes and Sungyeol was already there with the staff, looking at the monitor, already changing into the blue uniform. He approach them and instructed Sunggyu to laying on the bed when he realize the boy present. The nurse patiently helping him laying on the bed when Sungyeol standing beside him.

 

“Are you ready?” He asked and Sunggyu nodded his head.

 

Don’t be nervous. You’re not going for the surgery.” Sungyeol joked. The room filled with laugh and Sunggyu feeling lighter.

 

“Stay still and close your eyes, okay?” Sungyeol said. Sunggyu nodded and closed his eyes.

 

A seconds later, the bed was entering the cylinder scanning machine. Sunggyu heart skipped a beat at the moment, but suddenly he remember the moment when Woohyun told him that everything will be alright. His honey voice popping up like a mantra’s. Sunggyu feels weird, because the stranger’s male words was so effective to calmed him.

 

---------------------------------------------------∞∞∞--------------------------------------------------

 

Sungyeol look up when the door of his practice room being opened. He knows it would be happen, so he didn’t so surprised when it’s really happened.

 

“How is it?” The culprit said, sitting on the chair in front of Sungyeol.

 

“Calm down, hyung. I just have checking the result.” Sungyeol chuckled. Woohyun didn’t responds. He glaring at the doctor, waiting an explanation.

 

“Okay. So, the result was good. The injury on his head was un-affected to his brain and I conclude it’s comes from his traumatic event.” Sungyeol explain.

 

Woohyun sighing. He felt relieved at the information he heard. The boy didn’t have any serious injury on his head nor his brain. It’s good.

 

“What should we do to get his memories back? Is it any treatment?” Woohyun asked. Sungyeol playing with the bolpoint on his right fingers.

 

“Actually, on his case, he doesn’t need a medical treatment. He just should trying to remember something. It’ll help him to recalling his memories.” Woohyun nodding his head of Sungyeol words and leaned his back on the head of the chair. He looked down to the document above Sungyeol table. He didn’t realize his mind were wandering around.

 

“Woohyun-hyung..” The said man look up to the tall doctor in front of him, snapped back to the reality.

 

“When will you told him about his real situation?” Sungyeol asked. Woohyun sighing. He knows he shouldn’t keeping the truth from the other.

 

“Not now, yeol.” Woohyun stated, making the other let out a long un-satisfy sigh.

 

“Then when? He should know about it, maybe it’ll help him to recalling his memories.” Sungyeol said. Woohyun knows Sungyeol was right, but he doesn’t have heart to told the brown-haired male about his condition.

 

“Just let the police do their works. It’s not your responsibility.” Sungyeol words making Woohyun groaned. Sungyeol said that several times, from the first time Woohyun took the brown-haired male to the hospital.

 

“You saw how his body trembling and the blood gone from his face when he found out he was loss of memories. As a doctor’s, what do you think would happen with him if I told him the real problems?” Woohyun fight back.

 

Sungyeol sighing. Woohyun was stubbornly-hard-headed-hyung he knows from the first time they know each other. If Woohyun insisted at something, he wouldn’t listen to the other.

 

“And what will you do know?” Sungyeol asked.

 

Woohyun lips turned into a thin line before he answering Sungyeol question. “I’ll take care of him.”

 

“Until when, exactly?” Sungyeol to the point. Woohyun shrugged his shoulder, his hands hung on the air.

 

“Hyung!” Sungyeol groaned frustatedly.

 

“Why? Is it wrong if I want to help him?” Woohyun asked.

 

“N-No...” Sungyeol hesitated.

 

“but, actually yes!” Sungyeol corrected.

 

“He was a stranger, hyung, with a problem, a big problem. It was dangerous for you.” Sungyeol continued, alerting the older male.

 

The room became silent. Woohyun knows Sungyeol trying to alert him because Sungyeol was definitely right. The brown-haired male was a stranger with an unknown problem on his past. It could be dangerous for him if the boy keep staying on his side, but on the deeper of his heart, his instinct to protecting the boy was so strong which making him couldn’t letting the brown-haired male go. Woohyun shooks his head, denied Sungyeol warning.

 

“You didn’t think to...” Sungyeol broke the silent, cutting his own words when he realize what will he said. He looking at the black-haired male who furrowed his eyebrows in confuse.

 

“Ah, forget it.” Sungyeol let out an awkward laugh.

 

Woohyun standing from his seat, “Fine. I’m going then.”

 

“Thanks for today, yeol.” The man said before disappeared behind the closed door after bid a goodbye to the younger.

 

Sungyeol slumped on his chair after Woohyun disappeared. He let out a long sigh. He have a weird feeling about this situation. Woohyun was the hyung he adore so much, even they couldn’t stay a minutes without having an arguments. It was a long time he didn’t seeing his hyung was so passionate, so lively, like today. Actually it’s scared him, what if his wild thought was right?

 

Sungyeol shook his head, get rid all of his worries. He put a document of his patient and opened it. He better doing his task.

 

---------------------------------------------------∞∞∞--------------------------------------------------

 

It was an hours after the test and Sunggyu still thinking of it. Would the result will be bad or good? Something must be happened to his brain, that’s why he couldn’t remembered anything. What will he doing after this? Oh and where’s his parents when his son were laying on the hospital, unconscious for five days and waking up without remembered anything?

 

“Stop thinking and sleep. You need to rest.” A voice broke his train of thought and Sunggyu eyes snapped open. He looked to the culprit who was staring back at him.

 

“How did he knows?” Sunggyu thought.

 

“You were sighing for thousand times and it’s really annoying.” The black-haired male informed. Sunggyu want to slap himself for his lack of self-control. He takes a notes that this man can read other people mind.

 

“But I c-can’t sleep.” He said honestly to the man who was sitting on the chair beside his bed. Woohyun was staring at him with his hands crossed on his chest.

 

“Why? Are you feeling hungry?” The man asked out of the blue and Sunggyu couldn’t hold the urge to laugh but instantly stopped his action when the man furrowed his eyebrows, looked annoyed. Sunggyu bitting his bottom lips and staring at nowhere except the man.

 

“What? People can’t sleep when they are hungry, me too.” Woohyun insisted and it’s make Sunggyu lips curling up.

 

“Yeah, but I’m not feeling hungry. I’m just.. thinking and my eyes hurts from being keep closed for five days.“ Sunggyu pouted. His body was tired but he doesn’t felt sleepy.

 

“About what? The test result?” He asked and Sunggyu nodding his head in agreement.

 

“I told you it’ll be alright. Sungyeol will doing his best to help you.” He said. Even he already knows the result, he will let Sungyeol explained it. It’ll be better if the doctor’s told him directly. He let out a small smile when Sunggyu muttered a low ‘fine’.

 

“Umm, Woohyun..?” The boy hesitately said. The called man humming in respond.

 

“Can I asked you something? You promised me I can asking you after I’ve got checked.” He braved himself because he needed to know everything, maybe it could helping him to remembered something. Woohyun let out another humming, giving him a permissions.

 

“H-How is it? I mean the accident. Do you know how it happened?” Sunggyu asked, waking up from his laying position and leaning his back to the head of the bed. Woohyun didn’t said anything yet. His mind wandering around to that night.

 

Woohyun leaned his tired body to the car seat. He was on the ride to go home after visiting his company factory in the side of Seoul. He looked to the outside of the window. The road has forest on his left and right and it was dark outside, not so surprised because it was already pass midnight. The road didn’t as busy as Seoul, just several cars passing by on the quiet night.

 

Woohyun utterly shocked when his driver cursed and the car gliding to the edge of the street. His head bumped the front seat. He moaned at the stung felt on his forehead. Luckily, it’s not bleeding.

 

The driver apologizing to him when the car stop moving. He was about to asking what happened when he heard a loud bang from his back. He turned his head immediately and his eyes widened in horror when he witnessed the scene. Someone was bounce-off and its body laying on the road after a car hitting the body. The suspect run away a seconds he realize he was hitting someone not a wild animal.

 

Woohyun mind goes blank. He felt the time stops at the familiar event. His heart beating rapidly on his ribcage. He closed his eyes when a figure floating on his mind. The figure of un-conscious bloody body popped up, making his body shudders even more. He gripping his trembling hands. It’s sweaty and cold. He breathing heavily, felt the lack of the oxygen.

 

“Sir, w-what should we do? Should we leave?” The driver voice taking him back to his sense. He staring at the empty street.

 

“No. We will take the victim to the hospital. Please help me taking the body to the car.” Woohyun requested.

 

The two male burst out from the car and walking fast toward the laying body. The glasses and blood scattered on the dark street. Woohyun examined the figure. It was a man, but Woohyun couldn’t see his face because of the blood covered all over his face.

 

Woohyun pulled him into a bridal style and laying him on the back seat with the help from his driver. He moves into the front seat and they drove to the hospital in a light speed. He pulled out the phone from his suit pocket and pressed the call button when Sungyeol name popped on the phone screen. He turned his head to the laying body on the backseat while waiting Sungyeol pick up the call. “I won’t lost you this time.”

 

“How is it?” Sunggyu asked impatiently when Woohyun just silent still, broke Woohyun nostalgia.

 

“Like Sungyeol said before, you were a victim of ‘hit and run’ when I was there witnessing the moment.” Woohyun finally said.

 

“You were still alive when I approach your bloody body here and there. So, I take you to the hospital because I..I couldn’t leave you like that. That’s it.” Woohyun sighing on his last sentence, trying hard to controlling his emotion.

 

Sunggyu body was trembling from the sadness and angry after hearing the story. How could someone being so un-irresponsible like that. But the important thing is what the heck he was doing on the street in the midnight?

 

“But what are you doing here? I m-mean, you are the witness of the accident, right? You was already saved my life by taking me to the hospital. This isn’t your responsibility.” Sunggyu said. Woohyun was the witness not the suspect, but he taking care of Sunggyu. He even the first person Sunggyu saw when he opened his eyes after un-conscious for five days. It was means Woohyun always there, staying by his side for the past five days. But why? Is he pitying on him?

 

“I don’t want anything happen to you.” Woohyun answered.

 

“W-why? You can bring this case to the police and they will take care of me.” Sunggyu asked. Woohyun shook his head in disagreement.

 

I couldn’t believe them. It’s better to taking care of you by myself.” Woohyun said.

 

The accident bringing you to me. You are being my responsibility from the first time I saw you.” Woohyun said calmly, looking straight into his eyes.

 

Sunggyu looked down to his blanket. He felt his cheeks burning at Woohyun words and act. He sure Woohyun was a weird man. Sunggyu couldn’t understand him. He couldn’t understand what Woohyun words means but the words makes his heart flutters.

 

“Could you remember it?” Woohyun asked. Sunggyu look up at him and shooking his head slowly.

 

“I’m done answered all of your question. Now, you should sleep.” Woohyun commanded and forced Sunggyu to lie down.

 

“But-“ Sunggyu refused. He still have another question.

 

“Sleep. Now.” Woohyun commanded in serious tone, making Sunggyu obeyed and instantly laying on his back then closing his eyes. But a seconds later opened back his eyes.

“Just once more and I promise I’ll sleep.” He whined to the sitting man. Woohyun chuckled at the cute sight in front of him.

 

“Fine.” He give up. Sunggyu grinning and clapped his hands in happiness.

 

“Umm, Did you find any of my stuffs? Like an identity card, a phone or maybe something that can helping me to remember? At least I should know what’s my name is.” He asked. It was an important things, at least he should have a name. He doesn’t want people keep calling him with a random name such as sir.

 

“Nope. You didn’t bring anything when I found you, even your identity card.” Woohyun said broken the hopes from the brown-haired male. Sunggyu smiles turn into a pout.

 

“S-so, how you and the other people will calling me then?” He protested at no one and Woohyun looked like he thinking about something, but he doesn’t.

 

“I don’t know. Now sleep!” Woohyun commanded. Sunggyu wants to ask more but looked how irritated Woohyun face, hee gulped his curiosity and obeyed Woohyun order to sleep.

 

He was laying on the bed and closing his eyes. He was doing his best to felt sleepy, like counting the Sheeps, but suddenly he’s remember something. He opened his eyes and he’s one hundred percent sure Woohyun was startled.

 

“You should sleep too. How can I sleep when someone staring at me?” Sunggyu innocently said with pout on his lips.

 

“I’m not staring at you. Stop imaginating, it was already midnight.” Woohyun said, crossing his hands on his chest and closing his eyes.

 

Sunggyu pouted. “but I’m not imaginating!” because he did caught Woohyun staring at him while he were sleeping.

 

“Umm, Woohyun?” The called man just humming in responds with eyes still closed.

 

“Thank you for saving my life. I owe my life to you.” Sunggyu honestly said and closed his eyes fast, too embarrassed with his own words. Woohyun didn’t replying and Sunggyu doesn’t know how the other male reacted.

 

The room became silent after Sunggyu confesses. He were counting the third sheeps when suddenly he felt Woohyun fingers brushing on his hair, lully him to sleep. Sunggyu body was tensed at first but he still closed his eyes, too embarrassed to open it.

 

Woohyun fingers was brushing softly on his bangs and strangely, it’s felt so good. The touch makes Sunggyu felt save and protected. Like a magic, his body was relaxed and he drove into the dreamland.

 

---------------------------------------------------∞∞∞--------------------------------------------------

 

I couldn’t get enough of they fluffiness Lol xDD

I’m upload the new chapter because I’m so happy that many readers interested and subscribe this story *sweep tears and snots*

Thank you so much *ILU :3

I did a research on g**gle about amnesia, but please forgive me if I did wrong hahaha *I’m not a doctor btw xD

Let me know how do you think about this chapter... Type type type

 

Q : Do you have any other member you ship with Sunggyu beside Woohyun?

A : Howon for me, because their witty-ness lol xD