The Beginning

The Substitute

Chapter One : The Beginning

Word counts : 1,084

White ceiling was the first thing Sunggyu saw when he opened his eyes. He blinking his eyes several times to adjust the light. He moaned when the dizziness comes. He felt hurt from head to toe.

“You are awake!” He startled, looking to the voice source and found a man, on his age or maybe younger, were sitting on the bed, next to him. His eyes widen in disbelief and he’s staring at Sunggyu in concern. Sunggyu examined the man‘s face, he has a black hair, sharp eyes, pointy nose and those plump lips, he’s amazingly handsome, “Who’s he?”

“Wait. I’ll calling Sungyeol.” The man standing and was about to leave when Sunggyu gripping his right wrist. The man stood still and staring at him in confuse.

“W-where is th-this?” Sunggyu asked with hoarse and low voice. His throat felt so dry.

A small smile appearing on the man’s handsome face when he’s sitting back on the bed. Sunggyu followed the man’s gaze and surprised because his hand still gripping the man’s wrist, Sunggyu instantly let out the man’s wrist.

“You were on the hospital.” He answered with his honey voice. Sunggyu was about to asking another question when the man’s interrupting.

“You can asking me everything you want to know, but, after the doctor’s checking on your condition first, hmm?” The man said in a soft tone and Sunggyu doesn’t in the mood for arguing, his head felt hurt. He became an obedient boy and mouthed a soft ‘fine’.

“I’ll be right back.” The man’s said before hurriedly leaving the room and disappeared behind the closed door, leaving the confused boy alone in the white room.

Sunggyu waking up and leaned his back on the head of the bed. He touching his head when the dizziness back and realize there was a bandage wrapping on his forehead, “What the hell happened to me?”

 

 

After several minutes, the man’s comeback with the doctor and the nurse tailing him. The doctor smiling at him when he’s standing beside his bed while the nurse checking his infussion.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Lee Sungyeol. How was your feeling?” The doctor asked.

“Uh, It’s hurt.. all over my body and I-I felt dizzy before, when I woke up.” Sunggyu said with his still hoarse voice. He looking at the doctors who staring at him, listening at his words.

“Okay. Let me checking you.” Sungyeol said.

Sunggyu watching him patiently when Sungyeol gently putting his stethoscope on Sunggyu chest then checking on his body temperature.

“I’m sorry, but may I opening the blanket for a minutes?” The doctor said and Sunggyu couldn’t say no to the doctor’s request, right?

The nurse opening the blanket which covered Sunggyu thighs to his legs and put it on the side of the bed, making his legs showing up. Sunggyu eyes widen when he realizing the several purplish marks and fresh wounds on his legs.

“Can you moving your legs?” The tall doctor asked while checking the wounds.

Sunggyu trying to moving his legs. It’s felt a bit hurts because of the several wounds, but it’s successfully moving. After examined Sunggyu legs, the doctor said something to the nurse, like a name of some medicine, Sunggyu doesn’t familiar with it, and the nurse writing it on the health report.

“Dr. Lee, what actually happened to me?” Sunggyu asked. He can’t hold his curiosity anymore. No one can when you suddenly awake in an unfamiliar place, with an unfamiliar person, a bandage on your head and an needle piercing your skin! It’s making him scared.

“Please just call me Sungyeol. I think we’re on the same 20’s, right, hyung?” Sungyeol said with smile plastering on his lips, showing his gum. Sunggyu nodding his head in agreement. He staring at the doctor, waiting for his answer.

“btw, You’ve got hit by a car. Umm, maybe I can say it is a hit and run.” The doctor answer making Sunggyu mouth falling apart and his body shudders at the thought of a car hitting his body.

“It’s left several cuts on your body nor your head and you were unconscious for five days.” Sungyeol calmly said, continued his story-telling.

“Five days?!” The words slipped from Sunggyu mouth before he can controlled it. His brain too shocked received the information.

He glaring at the honey voice man’s who was standing across him, searching for a clarification. The man’s nodding his head in agreement and Sunggyu was speechless.

“Yeah. That’s why your voice a bit hoarse and you feel cramp on your body.” The doctor’s explained.

“Luckily, Woohyun-hyung was on the location and saved you on the right time.” The doctor said, breaking his train of thoughts.

Sunggyu eyes met with the called man, Woohyun and he could swear his cheeks was on fire because his face feels so hot right now from the embarrassment. He instantly broke the staring contest and looked down to his blanket. His hands playing with the tip of the blanket.

“Now, can you tell us who are you and what are you doing until the accident happened?” Sunggyu looked up at Sungyeol who were staring at him.

“Sungyeol-ah.. I.. uh..” He’s bitting his bottom lips, gripping the blanket. He scared to continuing his own words. Would it be alright if they know the truth? Sunggyu was having a dilemma on his mind.

“It’s okay, we are trying to help you, hyung.” Sungyeol said. His hand gripping Sunggyu right shoulder in a friendly manner.

Sunggyu didn’t said anything yet. He scared at the reality, but the doctor’s act giving a warmth to his heart, he was trying to help him.

“Don’t pushing him, Yeol. Maybe he need a time.” The black haired man possessively said and the tall doctor’s laughed at his own behavior.

“Ah, I’m so sorry. I don’t mean it. I just couldn’t hold my curiosity about you. It’s kind of my behavior or maybe people said it was my personality.“ The doctor laughing at his own words.

“You can take your time, hyung. Tell us whenever you’re ready, okay.” The Doctor said and giving him a wide smile.

Sunggyu hesitated a seconds, but Sungyeol was right, for now, he was the best solution to helping his problem. He gripping the blanket hard before continuing his words.

“Actually, I-I..” He looking at Sungyeol then looking to Woohyun. The both male staring at him, waiting him to continuing his words.

“I.. can’t remember anything.”

 

 

Hahaha that's was short, right? xD

That was the first chapter of this story. I'm curious, how is it? xxD

It was sad that Sunggyu was amnesia on this story.

Will he remember about who is he? *I wouldn't telling you :p

See you on the next chapter >u<