Auf Wiedersehen.

Auf Wiedersehen - Until we see each other again.

"Kriiiiiis"

Kris chuckled at his cute boyfriend screaming his name and running toward him. The long time apart really had been bad. When Tao reached him he embraced the slightly shorter male in a bone crushing hug.

"I missed you so much", he whispered into Tao's ear. The younger noddded in silent agreement and they hugged a bit longer, basking in each other's presence, almost not believing that they finally managed to meet up.

Tao and Kris are in a long-distance relationship. They became a pair in high-school and were, in the words of their friends, disgustingly sweet. Nothing and nobody had been able to separate them. When, after graduation, the time to choose universtities came, they wanted to go study somewhere together. In the end their rational sides took over and they agreed on both studying what they want, even if it was in another city, therefore maintaining a long-distance relationship.

Strangely, that tactic worked pretty well. Neither of them were party animals, so they preferred to stay inside and talk on the phone or chat via skype. They helped each other with their sudies whenever they could, and after studying, they talked and joked with each other, more often than not throwing "I miss you"-s into their conversations.

 

Finally, during their winter holidays, they managed to align their schedules so they could meet up. It had been over 5 months since their last meeting, definetely too long.

"Kris, I learned a new German phrase!" Tao lightly bounced on his heels, from excitement to see his boyfriend after so long but also because it was very cold. He couldn't wait to tell Kris what he had learned.

"What phrase? Please tell me it's not one of those really bad jokes!"  Kris mocked. He knew Tao liked Germany and the language after they had went to Berlin once in their holidays in high school. The younger liked to learn some new words and phrases and later teach them to Kris, pretending like it was their own secret language. It was a bit childish, but that's what Kris liked about Tao - his childish side that didn't dissapear even when he was under stress because of many projects or deadline he was stuggling to meet.

"No, it's not a joke" Tao pouted, playing offended at Kris so openly mocking him about his attempt at being funny.

"Anyways, I think it's a very beautiful phrase. The Germans very often say it when they part and it has such a beautiful meaning!" Tao sighed dreamily. Sometimes he wondered why his own language wasn't all that clear in some words and didn't have sweet phrases.

"It's called "Auf Wiedersehen".It literally says 'Until we meet again'! It's such a beautiful way to say 'Goodbye', isn't it? " Tao looked at Kris with eyes sparkling with excitement. The latter had to grin at that. His boyfriend was cute.

"I agree, it's very beautiful. Do you have anything else you learned?" Krs asked, knowing Tao's eagerness. He never learned only one thing at once. Most times the younger taught him one short phrase and one new word, and that day wouldn't be different.

"Yes! I actually found a very funny translation! Some things in German are really just literally called as what they are, it's funny! My favourite is 'Handschuh', that's a glove. The thing is, 'Hand' is hand and 'Schuh' is shoe, so they literally call a glove a 'hand-shoe'!" Tao giggled at the end of his lesson for Kris. Kris also had to laugh at that. Now that he though about it it was really kind of funny.

After the short German lesson, they pair decided to walk around the park in which they met and buy some presents for their families. They also grabbed some lunch and ate it while feeding each other.

 

Evening came too soon. Unwilling, they had to part again. They had agreed to meet at Kris' parents house for Christmas, with Tao's family coming with them, making it a bigger party. They kissed one last time, pouring their love into the kiss. Both felt the longing already. The longing to feel each other's presence, kissing, and just comfortably being together.

When the time came for them to say their Goodbyes, Tao hugged Kris one last time.

"Auf Wiedersehen, Kris" he whispered into the taller's ear.

Kris smiled at that and also whispered "Auf Wiedersehen, Tao".

And in that moment their hearts beat in sync, the meaning of the words deeply engraved into them

 

Auf Wiedersehen.

 

Until we meet again.