Chapter 16

Tainted Love

I woke up and my head felt very dizzy. It was like whirling. Then I realized, it might be the effect of alcohol yesterday. 

I tried to wake up but I felt that something was blocking me. That time I realized that I was not alone in this bed. It then struck me when I realized that Yoongi was on my side and sleeping. His hand was in my waist.

I became blur for a moment and was thinking what had happened and why was he beside me and slept here?

It suddenly hit me when I peeked inside the comforter and I found that my clothes was changed to my pajamas. Its impossible that Yoongi was the one whos changed my clothes, right? Ahh! Just thinking about it also makes me cringe my body out. 

I tried to remove his hand from my waist and get off the bed slowly. I dont want to wake him from the sleep. I have to call Chaeyoung and ask her what exactly happened last night.

But as soon as I success to moved his hand from me and tried to get out of bed, I was startled when my body was being pulled and in a few moments, I was in the arms of Yoongi again.

I was really surprised. My eyes are wide open. I also cannot resist my heart from beating fast. I feel like my heart would be out from its place. I feel stiff and incapable of giving any response.

"You dont know how late I slept yesterday for taking care of you. Just stay like this for a moment. Take it as youre paying me back" I can hear Yoongi talk with his sleepy voice with his eyes closed. 

I cannot say anything. I was in a difficult situation. I was very pleased with his behavior now. But at the same time , I feel very anxious because I worry about my heart skipped a beat for him. I cannot bear the consequences. 

Just dont let his behavior now effecting my heart..

"And I'm sorry.." I was surprised and automatically look at him. He said with his eyes closed again. 

"I'm sorry about yesterday" I can feel my eyes getting teary. For the first time, he apologies to me. For a very first time. "I know I was totally a yesterday. I'm sorry" He continued. 

Although he speaks in his eyes closed and with his drowsy voice, I can still feel his sincerity. It does not matter. Although he was not sincere, I still wanted to believe that what I heard was all coming from the bottom of his heart.

"Lets sleep again for a few minutes" He said and bring me closer into his arms. 

It feels so nice to be inside his arms right now. But at the same time, I feel like I''ve committed a crime. But you know, a good ones. 

You're so hopeless, Kim Jennie. Whats youre going to do now? 

 

*****

 

Mr. Kang's class is over. So, all my classes are finished for today. My watch shows at 3:15 pm now. I am still in college because I'm waiting for Chaeyoung who has not finished class yet. 

If I recalled her schedule, she now has a class with Mrs. Wang for the Business Attitude subject. Well, I can imagine how bored she was in that class. Afterall with Mrs. Wang who is very strict when teaching.

I'm waiting for Chaeyoung at the gazebo where we often take fresh air when we have free time in college. It's very nice to be here since we've rarely hang out together at this place because both of us are busy with the classes. Our schedule also sometimes clashed. 

Not to forget Taehyung and Jungkook too. Its been a long time since I met them. I'm sure they are also busy with theyre classes and pile of assignments. 

Being here alone makes me think about what happened this morning. Although I try not to remember it, it keeps wandering in my mind. I do not know, but it's so embarrassing. How can I face him after this? 

After Yoongi asked to sleep again for a few minutes, when I wake up, I find that he's gone next to me. I hate to admit it but I was a bit disappointed. He just left. Why did not he wake me up too?He must be getting ready and going to work straight away. 

I hate it but I gotta admit that I still can feel the butterflies in my stomach. What is this? Why are you being like this, Kim Jennie? 

Arghhh, I just burying my face in my arms. I cannot think anymore. The more I think about it, the more I get confused. 

"Yahh, girl, whats wrong with you? Are you okay?" Suddenly I heard Chaeyoung's voice behind me. She walks and sit infront of me. "Are you okay today? Did anything happened again after I left you yesterday?" She continue asking when she found me not answering her. 

"Park Chaeyoung. Tell me everything about last night. What exactly happened?" I'm not bother to answering her instead I'm asking her question now. 

"You didnt remember anything?" She asked and I just shake my head.

"Aish, thats why I cant let you drink too much. Well, not too much. Only two bottles but still, I should realized earlier that you have low alcohol tolerance. Tsk aigoo uri Jennie" I was like almost choke her, you know. Thats not the answer that I want. Why she nagged at me now? Aish. 

"Give me answer to my question, darling, instead of nagging me. Do you want me to sew your mouth?" I was send glare to her but as always my Chaeyoung never take things seriously. She just laughed. 

"Yahh, if you sew my mouth, I can never answered you, darling" She said and continue laughing. I just rolls my eyes.

"Nothing big happened actually. Youre drunk, you told me everything about what happened on your dinner with your em well you know. And this and that. Almost 1 am, I send you back to your home. Thanks God, I still sober and I found your newlyweds house address inside your wallet so I drive you home" She stopped for awhile before continue.

"Once arrived, I bring you to the living room to put you there. But your 'beloved' husband suddenly ambush us. Maybe he though we're thief since youre making so many loud sound. You throw your shoes, and stomping your feet, aishh" Chaeyoung give me weird looks but I just ignore it and asked her to continue. 

"After Yoongi comes, I let him handle everything. I dont know what he did because I just go back home straight away. Thats why i'm asking you, are you okay or did anything happened again after i left you" Chaeyoung finished her talk and thats where I begin to freak out.

Thats mean its not Chaeyoung whos changed my clothes to pajamas? Its not Chaeyoung whos clean up my mess? Oh my God! I bury my face on my arms again. This is so embarrassing. What I should do?

"Yahhh, waeee? You make me worry again" Chaeyoung shake up my arms and I just looking at her. She wriggle her brow asking me for the answer.

"Hm, nothing. I just regretting that I drink last night. Silly me never aware my ability to drink. I'm not supposed to drink yesterday" I answered regretting my decision.

"This girl is getting so weird day by day. Yah, get yourself together. If you continue like this, you might be admit to mental hospital" Chaeyoung said while wrinkling her brow. 

"I think its better for me to live there" I said while let out a heavy breathe.

"Yahhhh! aishh, you might be crazy like this" I just laughed when she said like that. 

"Hi, guys! I guess you guys in serious conversation" Suddenly we heard someone's voice outside our gazebo. 

We turned to our side and found theres Taehyung with some files on his hands. I guess he just finished his class.

"This Jennie, Taehyung. She is getting so weird nowadays" Chaeyoung complained about me at Taehyung. I can see Taehyung is walking towards us and sit beside me. 

"Serious, Jennie?" He asked me. 

"Noo! You know how Chaeyoung, right? She intend to make small things bigger" I answered while looking at Chaeyoung. She already jaw drops. 

"Wah, Kim Jennie. Youre so unbelievable" She said and me and Taehyung only laughed. 

"She is getting weird or not, I still like her" Taehyung makes sudden confession. Chaeyoung and I already looking at each other. I look at Taehyung smiling and I just smile too. Its getting awkward here.

"So hows your life? Its been a long time since we met you. Everyone is so busy. That kid Jungkook also" Chaeyoung change topic straight away since its getting awkward. 

"I'm fine. Jungkook also fine. He is stressed up because his project got rejected for 3 times already" Taehyung answered. "You should go comfort him, Chaeyoung ahh" He then continue and chuckling. 

Chaeyoung already roll her eyes. "Why should I? He has countless girls around him already" Chaeyoung said while fixing her hairs. Things she did when shes anxious. I just smile at her. 

I know Chaeyoung has feelings for Jungkook. But she is very ego to confess. Furthermore, Jungkook is a serious person about his studies and his work. While Chaeyoung is a girl who often crave entertainment and socializing. Such an oil and water. Incompatible. 

"I think I should go now. I need to send this files to my lecturer. Will meeting you guys around next time!" Taehyung already stands up and pick up all his files. 

"Alright. Take care, Taehyung!" I said and give him smile. 

"I hope we can go dinner or a date one day. And dont always avoid my message" Taehyung said while winking at me. Chaeyoung and I just watch him walks away until he disappeared.  

"What will you do this time, Jennie? I'm not blind enough not to realized Taehyung was so into you already" Chaeyoung speak up. I just let out a heavy breathe.

"You also know that I cant, Chaeyoung ahh" I said to her and just looking around at my surrounding. 

This is hard.