Prologue

The Unbreakable Bond
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jeon Jungkook, don't forget to smile and act like you are enjoying your father's opening. I know you don't like them but we need to keep our reputation shining. He's going to open the new hotel and there are going to be people interviewing the family and camera's everywhere. You need to behave. There are people constantly watching you so any bad behavior is unacceptable. Do you understand me?" Jungkook's mother said as she handed Jungkook a pile of paper. "These are some questions they could ask you so be prepared!"  

Jungkook nodded his head and quietly examined the questions. 

"Mother, I really don't think this is necessary, please, can I just go home?" He asked as he lowered the paper in his lap. His mother sharply turned around and slapped his left cheek hard. The sting it left was powerful and Jungkook tried to cushion his face with his hand.  

"What did I just tell you? You are to behave and never go against my orders again!" She yelled. He lowered his head as tears welled up in his eyes. 

"Yes, I'm sorry. I won't do it again." He whispered.  

"Good! Now hurry up!" She started walking towards the car and he slowly followed. They got into the car and drove off to the grand opening of Seoul Sky Hotel. He saw every reporter out his window getting ready for his father’s entrance.  

Jungkook dreaded these types of events. They put so much pressure on him and he never could really do what he wanted to. He just wanted to have a normal day and hang out with his friends. But that never happened unless they were at school.  

“Surely they would have a much better life than me.” Jungkook thought.  

***** 

"Kim Taehyung if you do not get over here in 5 seconds, I swear to god I will beat the living out of you!" Taehyung's father screamed. He dropped anything that he was doing and raced over to him. His father was a very scary man with or without alcohol. It didn't matter what time of day it was, if he is angry, he will hurt you.  

"Y-Yes d-d-dad, what do y-you n-need?" He stuttered as he made himself small. 

"Go buy more alcohol! And go quick!" He said as his body collapsed on a chair. 

"B-But I c-can't. They w-won't let m-me. I'm not 19 yet." He quietly said. 

"Are you rejecting my orders? A worthless person like you? Rejecting me?" He growled. He slowly stood up and walked over to Taehyung. He trembled as his father inched closer. The man raised his hand and swung it down on Taehyung's face making him fall down. He grabbed Taehyung's hair and pulled him up to his feet. Down he went with another blow. Again and again until his Taehyung's face and body was covered in blood and bruises. "You will respect me and do what you are told!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter