Chapter 3

THE WAR

They walked out of the building they were into open green field. Jiyeon looked around as two men were working. When they noticed Sehun’s presence, both of them bowed at General Sehun who just nodded in acknowledge and kept walking to the front. There was a black large gate. Another man opened it for them. In front were a bridge and the river underneath it. Jiyeon was amused at the place for she never had seen this before, only heard from people around. True she was getting tired in the heavy clothes she was wearing and Sehun walked fast despite wearing a heavy armor. Really, how could he do that?

 

And that was when she finally studied his body. He was tall, and filled with muscles in the right place. He doesn’t look buffy yet his chest was build up along with his broad shoulders. He was fine man from body view. Unfortunately, she didn’t really focus on his face much. The only time she actually locked gaze with him was during her shocked or surprise state and no one in either of a state could focus on something as little as beauty, rather at the news.

 

Five minutes in pure green field, they finally came to its end as the shops and rich buildings came in view. Not very much people were out but whoever was out, weared nothing less than royalty. She would have hid herself in shame if it weren’t Sehun who made her change to her current clothes. She looked around in amusement like a child, not noticing how many heads were turn for her. General Sehun too didn’t notice at first, he thought it was him people were staring as they usually did that but once he caught a women glaring at his women, he turned to look at many and he was quiet surprised. Well, he expected women’s were sure going to be jealous at the beauty beside him. The dancer’s beauty even left him speechless, who were these people then.

 

Just to let the world know she was his, he slowed down and wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She visibly flinched and looked up at him. As usual, ignored she was. She tried to slip away but the grip on her arm tightened, making her wince in uncomfortable. She tried to push his arm away from her gently, to not stir his anger. The grip tightened and he seems too careless whether she was comfortable or not, that much she observed.

 

They reach a house at the end of the road. Two armored man were standing in front of the iron gate. They opened the door for them and they walked further in.

 

"Wait here. I’m going to inform them about you.” He gestured towards the elegant looking chair in the hallway, telling her to sit while he’s gone. As the obedient little dancer she was, she obliged with this.

 

She nervously stared around. Was this his parents’ house? It must be. It would be strange to introduce his soon to be wife to his parents in wedding celebration so here they are she guessed.

 

 

 

Jiyeon was bowing to the couples in front, while her man was standing at her side, making sure she does nothing stupid.

 

"Oh dear, from where she inherit such a beauty.” A soft voice spoke gently. It was General’s mother probably.

 

"Well, i must admit you really have a good taste in choosing the right women, my son. She looks perfect for the family.” This time it was his father and surprisingly, he talked gently too, unlike his two son.

 

"Of course, don’t tell me you have expected any less from me, Father.” She could feel the smirk on generals face, as if he gave her this- beautiful the way she was.

 

"Dear, you can stop bowing already.” Turning to her husband, the women whispered. "She looks respectful too.”

 

"Tell us about yourself.” Mr. Oh asked.

 

At this Jiyeon panicked on what to tell the man. What if she mentions something only villagers too? Or what if she answered wrongly? What if they ask more about her fa-

 

"I thought i mentioned that she don’t have the memory of her past. She was raised by an old lady.” Sehun talked in her place.

 

"Son, we were talking to her, not you. She could tell us that too, you know.” Mrs. Oh firmly said.

 

"I suppose she can. Whenever she try to think of her past, she get severe headache. Please, hold your curiosity back, for it would hurt her.”

 

Jiyeon side glanced at him. What a smooth lair.

 

"You’ve already met my soon to be wife. We’ll take our leave now. She still needs to meet her cousin, Chanyeol.”

 

The parents nodded. "Oh and please, i want to marry her as soon as possible. Can you plan it and take care of everything because I’m loaded with so much work as my absence for the past three days.”

 

He didn’t even have to say it. His parents were more than happy to do this for him. Jiyeon hide her sour expression at the request.

 

 

 

It was her wedding night. She was groomed so well, she actually felt like a queen with all the heavy jewelry and clothes. Maids around her ready to comply with her any request, may it be the most ridiculous or too much important. She was nervous because it’s been a week she didn’t see her soon to be husband. The last time she saw him was the first day she came here and it was last till now. General’s mother seemed quiet strict but nice while his father was kind heart man. He treated his servants like his own friends. He doesn’t talk much about family status but she know once he know from where she came, he would probably lash out. She was also toughed how to act like a royal family and handle her clothes well. Also many repeated her duties as Oh Sehun’s wife. One thing all of them said was Sehun was difficult to handle. When he gets mad, then he’s mad, and that was it. He won’t tolerate any kind of clumsy behavior, he was a beast. Well, she had a reason to fear from him. The only people who never faced his wrath were his parents, king and the queen. Even his younger brother, Jongin was many times from his victims who merely survived only because of his parents. Of course now that wasn’t the case for Jongin grow up into a fine man and a height no less than his brother, closely followed by strength.

 

"Lady Jiyeon. Its time, guests are waiting for you.” Maid said softly and two maids come to bring her to the ceremony where her groom is most probably waiting for her.

 

She was silently sitting beside her now pronounced husband, her eyes lowered in shame. She know all these peoples were so much rich and powerful then her. Sehun beside her after the rings didn’t bother to look at her again. She was out of place no matter how much maids tried to make her blend in the crowed, yet she looked different. All the females who she faced today had high self-confidence while she was far from that. They lived like princesses, some were actually princesses but she was a mere village girl who worked hard to have little money to support her poor family. Indeed, her life was hard.

 

She also learned Sehun was fancied by many young females. Because of that she was their target from the beginning of the ceremony. Many younger females came to congratulate them but ended up degrading her and calling her names right in front of her husband who didn’t bother to defend her. Why would he defend her when he calls her names too?

 

And here comes another annoying bratty girl. She was tall, and had curved all the right places. Her makeup was light, barely visible and her skin so pale. The bright red glowing lipstick coated her full lips. She was beautiful and she knows it. That was proved as she held her head high, looking down at people, and she walked with grace unlike Jiyeon. She side glanced at Sehun who was shamelessly eyeing the women’s bright red lips. She was hurt at how he could stare at another woman while she was right beside him.

 

"You look happy, darling.” Even her voice was low and seductive, only for Jiyeon and Sehun to hear. "Why I’m not surprised though. Everyone here knows why you married the ever so handsome man.” She leaned down, exposing her milky neck to Sehun and directed her eyes at him too, intensely staring at the man with so much lustful desires. Jiyeon noticed this as her heart burned in jealousy because Sehun seems to love the sight so much. He should have married her instead if he was so mesmerized by her, Jiyeon thought bitterly.

 

"His high position is all you’re behind. I bet you would do the same with his brother. Tell me, how you seduced him to marry you? You know you’re not that good for him. Did you ted around him or something?” Jiyeon felt tears burn her eyes and she tried so hard to not make a sad face at that but eventually when she noticed how the women was flirting with him using her eyes and body language, her expression contorted into bitterness. No, she couldn’t hide it anymore. Curiosity got the best of her, she wanted to know if Sehun was responding to her so she turned her head to him and oh god-- she regretted doing so. Apparently Sehun was one step ahead of a woman; he smirked at her, his lips and shows her that bodily desire look in his eyes, eyeing her so in a dirty way that made Jiyeon cringe in shame even if she wasn’t the part in their little game.

 

"Anyway, I’ll be leaving now.” And Jiyeon should’ve been relieved the women left but it was anything then that as Sehun kept staring at her lower back and few seconds later he followed the path she used.

 

Jiyeon frowned. Did he just follow her or they happen to have same path? Sehun can’t probably cheat on her on the first night of their wedding. It would be too much, even for him. She mentally slapped her face to shrug these negative thoughts. Now she’s General Oh Sehun’s wife, and so much is expected from her side, her duties as a wife.

 

Plenty of minutes pass by and she was lonely sitting alone while everyone was busy doing fun things. That’s when she saw Sehun coming back. She wasn’t particular happy with his presence, just the lonely feelings shall go away. And there she saw the first cheating marks on his neck.

 

She lightly glared as her head was lowered once again. What a husband she got. Why did he even want to marry her if he can anyone to his heart’s desire?

 

The ceremony ended, the new couples were allowed to go back. Sehun led her in an elegant looking house. It had few bodyguards around. They kept walking until Sehun talked. "This is where I and Jongin live.” Jiyeon sighed. Jongin seems to be the only person understanding her situation so it was good have someone like him around. He wasn’t really that much of a nice person but still, he wasn’t her nightmare unlike her husband.

 

Once they reached Sehun’s bedchamber, Sehun locked the door and leaned on it, eyeing his wife.

 

Jiyeon hurriedly walked to the mirror and start taking off the jewelry. She knows her husband was eyeing her but she avoided acknowledging his presence.

 

Once she took off the jewelry, she walked toward the large closet and took a few garments, then walked to the bathroom, all the way ignoring the piercing gaze.

 

 

An hour later, she came back hoping Sehun had fallen asleep in that time. Sadly, he wasn’t. Instead he was blankly looking in front and when she came back, he once again starts looking at her.

 

She combed her hair uncomfortably then timidly walked towards the chair and sat on it, not going to bed yet.

 

"Why are you sitting there? Come here and please me. It was exhausting day.” Sehun said from his place so casually. As if he was asking for food…

 

She slightly opened her eyes in shock. He wasn’t going to force himself upon her, was he? He couldn’t be that cruel. She nervously looked down, scared she was.

 

"Aren’t you coming? I’m waiting for about two hours here. Let me do you then do whatever you want afterward.” Jiyeon trembled at the demand. Many advised her Sehun would do it and that she should simply do what he pleases and she thought she was ready but now suddenly she felt scared at the thought of him touching her body.

 

"I’m impatient here, hurry!” She flinched at his raised voice, she standup from the chair nervously as she wanted to avoid this. She know Sehun was her husband, her lawfully husband but the look on his face was no different than that particular man she despises the most in her life, the man who took everything from her by forcing himself on her. She was scared.

 

Sehun glared at the slow movement then took the matter to his own hands and strides towards her. Grabbing her thin wrist, he dragged her to the bed and pushed her on it, hovering above her, pinning her skinny wrist above her head. This is when she finally panicked. She tried to free her wrist from his harsh grip only to be responded with a smirk.

 

"Oh no, don’t tell me you’re going to fight me. I thought you live for this. Don’t you survive doing it with any man and get paid for it? Don’t act a little that you’re not.” She stopped struggling for a second to see if he was serious. Yes, she wasn’t but that doesn’t m- oh, rumors. She thought bitterly.

 

"Finally you realized your place. Good girl.” he smirked.

 

"N-no! You’re wrong! Villagers lie about me!! D-don’t believe them! They are lai-”

 

"-It seems like you’re the liar one. What makes me want to believe you anyway?” He waited, he actually want prove she wasn’t how everyone claim her to be. He just can’t help but to believe those rumors. After all, with a face like this, how could she not attract the crowed?

 

"Exactly, nothing. Let’s get to the business, shall we?” He smirked sourly, knowing many had touched this one body that he was interested.

 

Jiyeon pushed him with all her force, only to get a harsh glare. "Listen you , you can sleep with all those man around and yet you deny sleeping with your own husband? What the is your prob-

 

"-I was ! I never initiated anything! He- he took me by force! I never wanted to do anything with him! Believe-- believe me, please!” She cried in agony. No one other than her mother knows this. The man accused her for seducing him and after that she was labeled a .

 

Sehun stopped moving as he stared at her. Something in him told him to not believe her when he so badly wanted to. He met so many with the same story but in the end only one percent actually tells a true story. He learned to not believe these peoples.

 

"Oh right, i believe you. But i still need to check if you truly aren’t one.

 

Yes, he was selfish, he truly was. He took her by force that night while she cried and cried. It was the second horrible night for Jiyeon. She wished to die then.

 

 

 

The sun rose in the dark gloomy sky, brightening everything with its dramatic shine. Birds chirped good mornings were shared among early risers. Food was started to be cooked. Yet something was missing. Even when everything seems to be so full of life and happiness, something had always been missing.

 

Love, it was love.

 

 

 

General Sehun woke up from his not nice slumber. The first thing he checked was his wife, who was right beside him. He could see from the skin of her cheeks and the side of her eyes she had cried her night out. Of course, she would, he violated her like animal he was. He felt sorry for her. The guilt was depressing him out. How could one hurt someone they love? At first he was sure she had been sleeping around and believed the rumors from the core of his heart but last night when he made love to her, she was frightened, she cried and sobbed. A pain filled sobs. The tears kept falling, few times he was awakened from his sleep only to hear her scream and cry for help in her dreams- nightmares. He now doubted rumors were true, if they were, she was supposed to give in but she didn’t. She fought against him till the last strength in her. He know because he observed how weakened she became after each blow from her fist delivered to his stone like chest. Now he regretted what he did. Shamefully, he rose on his two feet’s, grabbing a robe from last night; he wore it and made his way to bathroom, getting ready for the day.

 

It was going to be another busy day. A war would soon broke out so before that happen, he had to make sure of kingdom’s defense, beside as one of the strongest General, he was going be the commander of defense then later for attack. It was hard but he had to manage it. Wedded or not, his duties as a warrior comes first. It was a lot harder to fix his wrong judge on his wife then preparing for a war, for he was a warrior, not healer.

 

 

 

That day, Jiyeon slept her time. She stayed in bed after hours of waking up. Few maids had come and asked if she needed anything but she kept mum. No, she didn’t want anything, anything other than going home in her mother’s embrace, to her origin though she mentally prepared herself for the family dinner where her in-laws and her husband would be. And if anyone saw her in such a sorrowful state because Sehun forced himself on her, it would be she getting lectured, not Sehun. Sehun was a man, a warrior who works hard for the kingdom and she as his wife is her duty to willingly let him do what he pleases. It was unfair how women were treated like slaves but this was their culture and it was expected from everyone to obey it no matter what.

 

Cruel indeed.

 

 

It was dinner’s time already and Jiyeon was on her bed sitting. She was expected to come along with her husband. So she waited for him because apparently, he was so busy to come early. He had come now and was taking his time getting spoiled in shower.

 

"We’re leaving now.” Sehun said gently as he was fully ready now.

 

Jiyeon’s eyes were down from fear, her body was tensed and she kept her distance from him. Nodding, she stood up quietly, still eyes on the shiny floor. She heard him sighed but she was too busy hiding her pain to actually care if wanted something. Sehun started walking, looking back once in a while to see if she was following.

 

Jiyeon stared at his feet, he was her husband now. Thinking about last night, tears brimmed at the corner of her eyes. She silently wiped them with her sleeve. It didn’t help as many others follow right after. In the process of wiping them, a little whimper slips out from its own. She lightly gasped, knowing well Sehun was going to scold her for this. She covered to not make any noise with her wrist as Sehun halted. It was quiet and only her tears fall helplessly. She tried to blink them away before Sehun turn to her. Strange enough, he didn’t say anything and even started to walk as if he heard nothing.

 

Jiyeon tried to calm herself but it wasn’t possible as her eyes were already too sensitive from crying; wiping them plenty of times.

 

Once again Sehun halted. Jiyeon stopped too, fearing he’ll turn around and scold her this time.

 

"I’ll be right back. Don’t go too Far.” without turning to her, he walked away to unfamiliar direction to her. She let out those hurtful sobs, her eyes searching if anyone was around. No one but there was a door written music on it. She needed some privacy so she entered inside.

 

The room was empty as few instruments were lying around. Not giving much attention to it, she cried a little, slipping down on the floor, hugging her already tired body. She needed break from all this. Once she felt like the necessary tears were out, she gently and carefully wiped them. A jug of water was at the side.

 

She took the jug, slipping some water to her palm, cleaning her face thoroughly then wiping with the cloth.

 

The puffiness of her eyes gave it away but other than that everything seems fine. She stood up and opened the door abruptly. She gasped in surprise as side of Sehun’s face came in view. He strides back and coughed.

 

"W-we should get going.” he didn’t wait and walked away. She stared at his back. Was he eavesdropping on her? It seems like he was…

 

 

 

She slowly ate the food. Before her wedding, Sehun forced her to learn their way and so she didn’t look a poor savage when eating; still she ate like a broken soul. Obviously one week wasn’t enough to change her into princesses’ life style.

 

"So how was last night? Was my son too harsh? He could be as animal if he wants.” The three people obviously tensed at that. Jiyeon felt the tears once again inviting themself while Sehun’s skin went colorless at the reminder of his animal self. Then there was Jongin, who kind of heard her screams of help and he was also aware of his elder brother’s intendments.

 

Sensing the tense atmosphere, Mr. Oh changed the subject. "Sehun, is Jongin troubling you so much? Should we arrange a marriage for him too so he could improve his personality?

 

And as expected from brat of the family, he whined like a brat he was. "But father, he just married yesterday! I’m still handsome young man!

 

Totally ignoring his whines, Sehun teased the boy. "I think it’s a good idea. He might learn to act like a true man.”

 

"Hey! I don’t need to act like one! I’m a true man!!

 

"I’ll start searching a nice woman for him then.” Mr. Oh continued with a lovely smile.

 

"Ah~ mother! Look at them! Tell them to stop bullying me!” He turned to his mother, complaining to her with pouty lips. Or a monkey face as Sehun liked to call.

 

 

Jiyeon longingly stared at their interaction. Was her family ever like this? No, they weren’t. Before her little sister born, she had a father. A father who worked hard for the family, a mother who did the house chores and together her parents used to play with her despite being victims of exhaustion.

 

"Jiyeon dear, your husband is going to be busy all day long. Do you want to stay here while he works?” Mrs. Oh offered nicely.

 

Jiyeon forced a smile, thinking what to answer but Sehun beat her into it. "She would stay at my chamber.”

 

Mr. and Mrs. Oh frowned at the statement. Mrs. Oh narrowed her eyes. "Son, i want to spend some time with my daughter-in-law. What’s with you? Stop being greedily, will you?”

 

Yunho nodded at that. "We understand you’ve a really admirable wife and you’re scared something might happen, but we are your parents, trust her to-

 

 

"-Father, i thought you are just busy as Hyu-”

 

"-Don’t interrupt my words Jongin!” Yunho directed his frowned at his youngest son who immediately apologized.

 

Jiyeon was shivering. The authority Yunho had been obvious at his children’s faces because they both had covered back in their own way of course. Jongin backed away as his eyes opened a little wide in fear while Sehun had flinched, lowered his eyes in respect or fear, it was unknown as she couldn’t meet his eyes. The whole place was silenced.

 

"Oh Sehun, your wife would stay here. Am i clear?” Yunho asked his eldest son.

 

She side glanced at Sehun; he was curling his fist, his jaw clenched and tightened and his teeth grinding against each other. It was obvious Sehun doesn’t want her to stay with his parents but for what reason? It was unknown for now.

 

"Sehun answer me.” He was called again.

 

Finally Sehun looked up, his brows were frowned and all the other expression of his face was dark. Standing up, Sehun grasped Jiyeon’s wrist.

 

"Well, my dear father, you’ve authority on me, not my wife. She would do just as i say. I don’t want my women here while I’m not. We shall meet at the gathering of Generals. Farewell.”

 

He bends on his knees for respect, Jiyeon follow suit.

 

Sehun stood up and dragged his wife along, not waiting for their response.

 

 

 

Once in their bedchamber, Sehun sat on the bed, patting the place beside him for Jiyeon to sit.

 

She timidly walked there and sat a good distance away.

 

"I’ll tell you this once. You shall listen to me for good of your own. Avoid my parents as much as possible.”

 

She nodded. Confused but what choice she had? Her husband was ordering and it was expected from her to obey his every command.

 

Sehun sighed and lay on the bed, his feet dangling on the floor. "You might think they are nice. Well, they are nice as long as you’re a princess. Once they know your background, they’ll humiliate you. They are smart people; with few questions they can know your background. So avoid them.”

 

Jiyeon once again nodded. "I understand.” She also observed that he was being nice.

 

 

 

Mrs. Oh stared at her husband in alarm. "Are you sure he’s hiding something?

 

Yunho nodded. "Don’t you see how defensive he is? There is something about that girl.

 

Jongin laughed nervously. "Father, he’s being like this because his wife is beautiful. He saw how everyone looks at her. He’s being possessed, nothing is wrong with her or him. You, my lovely parents are over thinking.”

 

Mrs. Oh agreed with Jongin, Yunho looked hesitant before he changed the subject.

 

It was true Sehun was naturally a greedy person. It made sense why he doesn’t want his wife anywhere without him so the topic was forgotten just like that.

 

 

 

It’s been a week of their wedding, yet here Jiyeon was, all alone in bedchamber. When Mrs. Oh said Sehun was going to be busy, Jiyeon didn’t think this busy. He was barely home, the first night he came but slept early. He didn’t even bother to talk with her or look at her. She was glad for this. She wanted to keep her distance from him. The second night was same. Then at third, he came so late, slept three hours then left before sun rising. Fourth, he didn’t come at all. Fifth, as well. On sixth, he came but looked dead tired that once he sat on the bed, his eyes shut close. She as his wife, took care of his clothes, cleaned him with cold towel as his body was so warm, almost too hot and changed him into comfortable robe. She didn’t see any signs of him being with other women just pure exhaustion. Then when she woke up, he was nowhere. At seventh day, he again didn’t come.

 

She doesn’t know what to feel anymore. Few times Jongin talked with her, but he was awkward and he said something about war coming closer and always fled away before she could ask about Sehun’s where about; not that he know she was going to ask about Sehun.

 

There was a little problem though. They don’t have servants and the food Sehun has restored was going to be finished soon with water. She needs to talk about this with him but she barely sees him. The last time they actually talked was Sehun telling her to stay away from his parents and that was that. She might not like him however, still she need to survive and Sehun as her husband is his duty to bring her food to cook and water to drink.

 

A knock was heard loudly from the outside. She looked at the door of her bedchamber. Thinking if she should open the door or not. Who could that be? Jongin wasn’t home and no one visited her before. Once a man knocked and that was when Sehun was here and he opened it himself. The knocks got even louder.

 

She hesitantly stood up on her shaky feet’s. Who could that be? Cautiously she walked towards the door.

 

Again another set of louder bangs on the door heard. She unlocked it and opened it half to peek. She sighed in relieve when she saw it was Mrs. Oh with two guards at her each side.

 

She stepped at the side opening the door wider for her to come inside, her head bowed in respect to the elder women.

 

Mrs. Oh smiled at the gesture, nodding her head in acknowledge.

 

 

Jiyeon was nervously playing with her fingers as Mrs. Oh was sitting right in front of her. The table was the only thing separating them. She remembered Sehun telling her to avoid his parents, but how could she when his mother came to their house. It would be rude if she left the women alone. It was an offensive act and doing it towards the mother of her husband? Well, obviously she would be getting into trouble if she do that.

 

"Do you miss Sehun?” Mrs. Oh asked gently.

 

Jiyeon looked up in surprise at the women. If honestly speaking, no, she doesn’t miss him. He put her into enough misery for her to actually miss him but of course she couldn’t just say that.

 

Nodding meekly, she murmurs lying through her teeth. "I-I do.”

 

The elder women nodded. A smile tucked her lips as she sighed. "You know dear, I’ve a feeling you’re not in good terms with him. I understand he’s quiet full of himself and hard to deal with, but as your man, he’s all you have. He’s your world from the day you married him.”

 

She stopped to heave a breath. Jiyeon looked up and saw the women’s eyes shining with unshed tears. She looked hurt, raged and more feelings Jiyeon couldn’t read.

 

"It was my luck my husband wasn’t much into . So when we married, we didn’t engage in these things until i was ready enough. Until i actually start liking him. But you see Sehun is different.”

 

Jiyeon lowered her head remembering their first night. Sehun was cruel beyond words.

 

"He was quiet naughty from his childhood. I know you guys did it the first night of your wedding and from looking at you, it was forced.” Mrs. Oh paused as few tears fall from the beauty’s eyes.

 

Jiyeon whimpered lightly. It was such a shame to be treated that way by your own husband. Just then, she felt pair of soft arms wrapping around her from the back. She noticed Mrs. Oh hugged her, she was crying softly too.

 

For the first time she felt secure in such a terrible place. The secure only her mother could provide, she finds it in Mrs. Oh, the mother of her husband.

 

"Don’t cry my dear for it’ll do no good except making it harder to endure the pain. I can tell his father to talk to him. It shall not help much but Sehun might tone it down a little. I’m sorry you had to marry him. A beauty like you sure doesn’t deserve him. But we females have no right to voice our option. Our society doesn’t allow us.”

 

Jiyeon hugged the women even tighter. Yes, it was true. Why? Why were they treated this way? They deserve better! They weren’t born slaves to man! They were human, who had a soul inside them. Treating women like a slave to her husband was wrong, so wrong! Does nobody care how they feel? How they bear all that? They aren’t even allowed to complain about their husbands openly. Two married women understand that they needed each other. A man would never bother to care about their frail feelings. Their love was called weakness. Their gentleness was called useless. Their pain was ignored as if they were worse than animals. What fair was in such a judgment? It was all bull and they were forced to follow this bull for generations. This has to come to an end. But who’ll bring this to an end? Who’ll bring them their peace? That was the question though nobody knows who’ll answer.

 

"Why?” Jiyeon sobbed at Mrs. Oh shoulder. "Why are we treated like this? Aren’t we humans too!

 

Mrs. Oh start rocking her back and forth to calm her. She was glad she wasn’t gifted with any daughter. Because looking at her own feelings and the broken soul of this young girl, she would rather have no child than let her daughter to bear such misery fate.

 

"That’s what our great grandfathers learned and that’s what they toughed us. We’ve to follow their footsteps so our next generations do the same. We’ve to keep the old legacy alive as long as we can and respect our ancestors. They sacrificed so much for us and that’s the least we could do on their name.” Mrs. Oh explained even she hardly wanted to follow such a ways.

 

Jiyeon pulled away to stare at the women dead in the eyes. "But they didn’t suffer the rules they made. It’s us who are suffering because of their selfish rules! They ignored our feelings and only cared about their pride. Isn’t it wrong?” Jiyeon insisted. The beauty never understands these useless good for nothing rules.

 

At this, Mrs. Oh didn’t bother to answer, for they both know it was true. Their legacy was biased and unfair.

 

"Just make sure you never talk about this to Sehun. He might lash out at you.” Jiyeon nodded in understanding, tears streaming down her face.

 

And that was when the door burst open with high force that made Jiyeon to fearfully pull away from the women.

 

Came in view was a furious Sehun.

 

Just looking at his eyes made Jiyeon cover back, hurriedly she wiped her tears in fear of what he might think.

 

"Mother, you’re here. What a surprise. I didn’t accept you to visit my wife on my first rest. Well,

 

The meanings behind the words were clear that he doesn’t want her here. Jiyeon sadly looked at the women who try to shrug it off.

 

"Oh i was just going-

 

"-No, you should stay for a while Mother.”

 

Sehun and Mrs. Oh looked at Jiyeon in disbelieve at her resistance.

 

"Jiyeon, let her leave if she wanted to.” he warned, not even hiding his rudeness anymore.

 

"If you wanted then fine, I’ll stay for a b-

 

"-Dad is probably at home, mother. Waiting for you i assume.” Sehun insisted shamelessly while his glare was directed at his wife.

 

"Oh Sehun, are you trying to throw me out?” Mrs Oh seemed quiet pissed at Sehun.

 

Sehun wanted to say yes but stopped himself. If he really does this, then he’ll have to answer his father and would probably get a cold shoulder from his family so he shake his head, grinding his teeth in anger.

 

"Why would i even do that, my dear mother?” He forced the words with venom.

 

Mrs. Oh kept talking to Jiyeon while Sehun sat there with them in his sweaty clothes and heavy armor. Of course he kept glaring at his poor wife in pissed off manner.

 

Jiyeon hugged the women one last time as she left with her guards. The beauty dreaded the idea of looking back. Sehun was there waiting for her.

 

Slowly she turned around and lowered her head to not see his face. Quietly she decided to walk to the bedchamber but once she starts walking, Sehun’s voice boomed in the house.

 

"I demand an answer for what happened here!

 

Jiyeon flinched at the loud voice, her body starts shaking in fear, and she almost forgets how scary this man was in the past week thanks to lack of his attendance.

 

"I-” beauty strutted in fear. "I was t-alking with mo-mothe-

 

"-Mother?!” Sehun bellowed as he rose on his feet in power dashing towards Jiyeon. She gasped as Sehun’s large hand wrapped around her neck. She whimpered as she felt tears dropping out.

 

The large man leaned down closer to her face in ultimate anger. He hissed. "Mother? You start calling my mother, mother?” he tsked, mocking her.

 

"I remember i warned to you to stay away from her, didn’t i? Why the would you let her stay and talk so openly with her?!

 

Jiyeon remained silent as she stared at his crazy eyes. His eyes dark like black hole that could eat up anything and everything, stormy eyes.

 

"Why the would you disobey me you !!” He yelled so loudly that Jiyeon felt her heart drop in fear she never felt before. Unknown to her, she started sobbing harshly. She felt her breath stopping and her head felt dizzy but she couldn’t control any of it. She sobbed so badly, her frail heart clenching in desperation. She was dead scared from the man in front of her. She was that scared that she didn’t even think she could survive. It’s like how one would be scared of death itself. Her high pitched cries only increased, coming from the deepest part of her shattered soul. Even the worst of monster could feel the pain inside those sounds.

 

Sehun was no less than a human. He was motionless as he saw her crying like this. Never, never in his life did he witness someone cries like this and he saw many people. He killed people in front of their family, he hurt himself, he stained the name of his family, yet never had he felt sorry for anyone but this specific soul made him want to jump off the cliff in guilt.

 

Slowly his hand released from her neck and abruptly, the girl jumped back, away from him as she curled herself into a ball and covered her eyes as she cried while shielding her body from him.

 

"W-what wrong with you?” . Was that a question to ask right now?

 

He sat down on the chair as he waited for her to calm down. She looked so broken that he feared she might kill herself. In the end, he dreaded the idea itself.

 

 

Hour later, Jiyeon finally could control her breath, a light hiccups sounds still coming out. Her head was terribly aching from the sobs she let out. It took all her power to let out those cries. The pressure of years finally lifting off her chest, she felt light and calm from inside. Always she had stopped herself from crying in front of someone. Today, she couldn’t take it anymore. She had enough; the loud yell of Sehun was all it took to let it all out whatever the consequences are going to be.

 

The time she saw her dead father’s corpse, she didn’t cry because her mother and younger sister needed her to be strong for them. She did. She swallowed her pain and tended to their pain. From that moment on, she kept swallowing her pain but till when she could go on like this? The night of their wedding, the pain of that night couldn’t be swallowing. It was too much to be ignored- Too much to be hidden. So she let the half pain out and half kept it securely hidden until today.

 

Hours of sitting at the same place, she decided to just go to the bedchamber. Rising on her two weak feet’s were a challenge for her. There was no power left in her body to move. She waited a few minutes more then tried again. This time, she succeeded.

 

She was unbalanced as placed her palm on the wall for support. Once she reached there, she saw Sehun sitting on the bed.

 

She lowered her head, not sure if she should go to bed but made up her mind fast and start walking backwards.

 

"Is it about the night of our wedding?” A quiet voice was heard from Sehun.

 

Jiyeon stopped. She wanted to nod but at what cost? She remembered that she would be scolded if she complained about that night.

 

"Let’s talk. Come sit here.” Once again Sehun talked quietly.

 

Jiyeon’s heart drooped again. She knows where this talk was going to end. He was going to force himself on her again after making her believe she was at fault for not pleasing him as women should to her husband. Yet what choice she had but to walk towards her misery on her own feet?

 

"I won’t touch you inappropriately if you don’t want me, i give you my word.

 

This made her look at him to make sure he was her husband and not someone else, who happened to be so nice and so much better than her own husband.

 

She sat down next to him, as far as she could.

 

"Did you cry like this because of...? That night- Our first night?” he asked gently.

 

Jiyeon looked down. Did she? Yes, it was the biggest reason for her to break like this. She could take once but not twice.

 

"Honestly speaking, i was mad at you. Your peoples say you sleep around them for money-

 

Jiyeon furiously shake her head, she didn’t want to listen him saying things like that to her. Why did he want to marry her if he believed the rumors? Why doing this to her.

 

"Are they true? The rumors i mean, did you really sle-

 

"-Stop! I didn’t! I would never...” She trailed off as she remembered those terrible days of her life.

 

"Is there’s something you want to tell.” it wasn’t question. Sehun demanded an explanation of those rumors.

 

She hesitantly looked up; meeting his gentle eyes for second then looked down again.

 

"P-promise me you won’t do anything to me after i tell you...

 

"I won’t.” Sehun assured her.

 

And then she started.

 

"After my father’s death, my mother couldn’t support us. She had drowned herself in misery of losing her love. I had to work in order to support them. I started working in people’s house, doing house chores. It was hard but i did. Then there was this man who told me he would give me so much money if i only cleaned his house. His wife would always be out so I and he would be alone. First few months, it was okay. He paid me well. Everything was fine until one day, he told me to be his concubine. I refused but he was drunk and mad... He- he forced himself on m-me…” she whimpered slightly at the old memory before continuing. "When i told the people this, he lied i seduced him but no one believed him. After few days i start working like how i use to because we needed money and i couldn’t waste time in crying so i start working again in different houses. Few days later, three to four men announced to the whole village i was sleeping with them when in fact i did nothing of this sort. It was planned by the man who forced himself on me. He wanted to destroy me. So after that, nobody let me work for them. That’s when i learned dance and begged chief to make me his maid. He’s a kind man, he did this for me and i start dancing for them and occasional singing too. No one believed i was innocent. They all kept me around because i was beautiful. They said they could get money because of my beauty, not my dancing skills. They said i was talentless. So people start making stories on me like that. I had to keep a strong facade to not let their words affect me...” she finished with a loud sigh.

 

Sehun was blankly staring at her. She thought he would accuse her for lying but he didn’t. Instead, he looked in shame and muttered a small apology; then lied down facing the other side.

 

He was sorry?

 

He was sorry because of that night?

 

How? Wasn’t he supposed to hate her? Then what? Why did he apologize? She was puzzled but tired and so once her head hit the pillow, she fall asleep.

 

 

She slowly opened her eyes. It was still early; the sun hasn’t risen yet as the dark sky was surrounding everything. It might be because she slept way too earlier; she didn’t even eat dinner and slept way before dinner. No wonder her eyes opened their own. She looked at her side, Sehun wasn’t there.

 

Then the door of bathroom opened, Sehun entered all ready for another busy day. He looked at her with no emotion. She tensed and straightened herself.

 

He turned away, striding towards the door until Jiyeon remembered food.

 

"Sehun...” She called weakly, her voice hoarse because of last day.

 

Sehun stopped and looked at her. He seemed annoyed at the interruption. Well, morning Sehun seemed worse than other time.

 

"Uh... F-food... We need more...

 

She fearfully stared as Sehun sighed harshly, totally not hiding his feelings.

 

"Prepare yourself, you’ll follow me there.” he ordered grumpily.

 

Confused she was but didn’t question further because Oh Sehun seemed like he’ll eat someone if she didn’t hurry.

 

 

 

That’s how she finds herself in the middle of warriors with Sehun screaming his lungs out at them.

 

"I said don’t you ing dare look at me! Your face is disgrace! Who allowed you to even be in my army!! Who the allowed you I ask you fool?!

 

The man in front looked like he would pass out from fear. Even Jiyeon was scared how harsh he was being. Was he always like this? How they deal with such a kind of person?

 

"Answer me !” He kicked the man, who holds back the yelp.

 

"I-it was General Park Chanyeol.”

 

Sehun hissed. "Chanyeol?! That idiot! I demand his presence right now!” He ordered and the man at his left nodded and left to call Chanyeol.

 

Jiyeon decided to stay a little away from him. He really had no manners about how to talk with people.

 

She saw General Chanyeol, her so called fake cousin dashing towards Sehun with a frown. He seemed pissed too. Things might not end well with them. She doesn’t know who’s stronger between them but she heard Chanyeol was one of the important General here. He was respected and equally loved, unlike Sehun who was feared upon.

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?! Are you questioning my authority, General Sehun?!” Chanyeol all but talked.

 

This seemed to put Sehun off as he charged forward and gave a challenging look to the taller man.

 

"This man was chosen by you; I clearly doubt you deserve to be called a General, looking at how carelessly you choose this man and to be in my army above all. You thought i would let it slide? Oh no General Chanyeol, I’m so going to question the king why he bothered with ma-”

 

"-General Sehun, you seem to forget your place so i might remind you again! You’re Oh Yunho’s son and that all you had! I’m a prince so next time you talk with this disrespectful manner with me, I’m not going to forgive you. Am i clear?

 

Sehun frowned. "Don’t tell me you’re going to use your family name in your fight. We’re not playing children’s 'my father is great or your father is great' are we, General Park Chanyeol. Fight like a man face to face. That’s if you are man!” he mocked.

 

Before General Chanyeol could get his sword from his belt, General Jongin urgently arrived, seemed out of breath.

 

"Both of you stop it! King is getting upset at your fights every day. His majesty wanted the two of you in the palace immediately. Failed to obey, punishing would be necessary for the both of you.”

 

They both left and Jiyeon was alone now. All she could do was waiting for her husband to come back. None of the other man who heard seemed effected. Were they used to upsetting the king because as long as she knows, upsetting the King means a death wish.

 

Everyone was working hard. Some were lifting heavy bags; some were making weapons, some practicing hard. She saw the man Sehun was yelling at was still sitting on the dusty ground. His palm on his temple and he looked hopeless.

 

She was curious what he did to make Sehun this furious. He was easily provoked but the first thing he did was come here and humiliate the poor man.

 

She walked towards him and sat on her knees, looking at man curiously. "Why was Sehun so mad? What did you do to make him like this?

 

The man looked at her. "He’s General Sehun. Don’t call him informally, he don’t like it.”

 

Jiyeon smiled uneasily. "Uh... I’m his wife so i don’t think it’s on me.”

 

The man widened his eyes. He bowed to her in respect, treating her different than before at which she didn’t felt comfortable.

 

"Lady Jiyeon, what can i do for you?”

 

"I just wanted to know why he was so mad at you.” She lowered her voice absentmindly.

 

The man looked down sighing. Then he lifts his face up, staring at the beautiful sky. The sun still didn’t rise but the sky was brightened a little.

 

"He told me last day to write and send a message to the neighbor kingdom for alliance. I kind of messed up and the message is delayed for now.” He sadly told her.

 

Jiyeon’s face softened. "But you could write another one or one of the General could go too. It would be easier than to be sad over the mistake.”

 

The man chuckled. "You don’t understand, Lady Jiyeon. We don’t have many days left. The Baekje kingdom is going to attack us any given moment. It could be today, tomorrow or a month later. Our Generals are too busy taking care of everything, they barely sleep. Like your husband, General Sehun,” He looked at her with his eyes full of emotions.

 

"He’s been working nonstop. He sometime doesn’t eat. I totally understand if he wanted to kick me out of his army. There’s no place for mistakes. One mistake could lead us to lose our kingdom. Many lives are in the Generals hand and they have to work harder no matter what.”

 

Jiyeon nodded even if she didn’t understand. She never understands why people fight with other. Why they break a war in peaceful kingdom? All because they wanted more space or because they are strong, it wasn’t good enough answer but who she was to decide? She didn’t even have rights to talk about her own matters, let alone a war.

 

After waiting for Sehun about few hours, she decided to help these people. After all they were doing this for the kingdom.

 

She gave them water, and few pieces of bread that was available. Then helped them a little in their work, it wasn’t much because she was used to working hard. Beside the peoples seem to be so happy for receiving a glass of water itself.

 

When the sun was brightly shining in the sky, blinding peoples with its shine and sweats’ falling from them was when Sehun finally showed up. His face was flushed up from the warmth of sun.

 

He checked every single one to see if they were doing right and of course in his way, he scolded the half of the population for no reason.

 

Jiyeon stared at him in disapprove. She knows he was stressed out but they were too. Suddenly their eyes meet and it seemed to Jiyeon from his surprised face that he forgets she was here. She looked down, not wanting to stare at him for long. That’s when Sehun dashed to her; he doesn’t seem pleased seeing her.

 

Sehun stopped right in front of her, yet she kept looking down. Then she heard Sehun bellowed. "Keep working! There’s not much time left! Anyone slacking would be punished!”

 

Then she felt his rough, warm fingers wrapping around her thin wrist. She tensed and backed away unconsciously. His grip tightened on her as if she would run away. Then without as much as looking at her, he walked to some unknown direction. His eyes kept looking at people just to make sure they were working.

 

She let herself get dragged by him. Her eyes lingered on his broad back covered by gray shirt which seems to have holes in it. She frowned. Couldn’t he afford another shirt? A much more mended then this? She was his wife; it was her job to mend his clothes. But Sehun was rich enough to buy a shirt, wasn’t he? She could swear they live in a place nothing less than a prime minister’s house.

 

They reached in what she assumed a place where food and water is restored for soldiers. Hmm, why here? She didn’t dare to question him.

 

Pulling his hand away, he pierced his eyes upon in her. "Take whatever is needed to last a week. I’ll help you take them home.

 

She finally looked at him in disbelieve. He wasn’t going to tell her to take the supplies that were designed for soldiers; it was all the way more greediness she ever witnessed. Someone as his position should think and not take everything just as they want.

 

"Now!” He ordered her in annoyed manner.

 

She looked down and starts putting the necessary items to last her three days. She knows Sehun told her about a week but she couldn’t allow herself to do this to the poor soldiers. They were putting their lives on the line and she couldn’t take the food from them too?

 

Once she had things, she looked for Sehun. He was at the far corner of the basement happened to be surrounded by two young and beautiful females. She frowned. This was her man. He seemed fine as one girl put their pretty pale hand on his thigh, drawing patterns.

 

She huffed in annoyance. Yes, she doesn’t like him but they were lawfully couples. No one has rights to come and flirt with her husband like this. This isn’t their concern if she loves him or not.

 

She starts walking there, of course in her shy way. She never thought she needed to actually show off her husband but this time, she had to. Once she reaches them, slowly, she taps the girl on his left side to get her attention. Once the girl looked at her, Jiyeon felt her heart broke at the beauty. She was truly something- something better than herself.

 

"Uh... I- i want to... Talk to him...” She murmured, her voice barely heard.

 

The girl raised her eyebrows as she checked Jiyeon from head to toe. "You want to talk to General Sehun? May i ask why?” This got Sehun and the other girl’s attention. Jiyeon fidgeted under the left girl’s judging eyes.

 

"I... ” Her lips trembled as the girl placed her hands on her Sehun’s shoulder while the other on his puffed chest and started playing with his collar. Worst of all, Sehun let her be.

 

"You were saying?” The girl asked.

 

She looked down as she felt the discomfort filling her up to the brim as the two girls eyed her up and down, as if measuring her worth; of course, they worth more than her. Sehun must have realized that too.

 

"I... ” This time her voice was breathy, trying her hardest to not cry. She shakes her head furiously then, her eyes casted down and a frown appeared in order for tears to stop. She felt helpless as the two girls had their hands all over her husband.

 

"What’s wrong with this girl? Stop wasting our time, General Sehun is a busy man. We needed to take stress away from him so why don’t you leave and close the door behind yourself?

 

Oh, to do what, to my husband? Okay, you got him. She thought bitterly.

 

She didn’t look up, and tried to not crack. "He’s- is... A b-busy man... Ah... I-I’ll l-leave then...” She breathed the words and her voice sends a clear message to her husband.

 

For a second, she waited for something, maybe Sehun pushing the girls away. She smiled bitterly, why would he? They were more beautiful girls then her? And then her heart broke as she saw the girl lean closer to Sehun.

 

If only she looked at her husband’s eyes, if only...

 

She didn’t and then turning around, she walked a little and halted. A little whimper caught the three people off but now Jiyeon decided to just dash off. She ran closing the door behind her as previously the girl told her; to do whatever she wants with her husband.

 

She ran and ran, not knowing the way she just ran. Few minutes later she stopped to catch her breath. She heaved as fat tears fall down from her eyes as she remembered those girls’ hands on her husband, her y and dominant husband.

 

She felt witness on her forehead. She let it slide for only more to start falling. She sadly looked up and rain started slowly then heavily it started pouring down. She pathetically glared at the sky and started running again. She wanted to be far away from Sehun. He hurt her enough. He doesn’t even care how she feels. All he wanted was to relieve his stress by sleeping around. Who the hell gave him rights to call her ? Oh, they were in society where man can do everything but women weren’t.

 

It was too late when she saw the ground was dipped. She fall face first on the cement ground at the loss of balance. For a second, she kept laying on her stomach. The gray sky only darkened the atmosphere.

 

Slowly her sobs comes out. The tears mixed with mud all ruined her clothes, her body. Her wounds on her thigh, knee, calves, and face were covered in mud too. It hurts physically and emotionally. She cried harder. She was miserable. Rain and thunder overpowered her cries of desperation for care. She didn’t made effort to lift herself up. She kept laying there in the same position.

 

Why she always end up in the same route? Why she was brought here in the first place, to be humiliated and be the second choice? To be forced upon by her husband? It was all so unfair that she had felt the urge to kill her man and leave everyone behind. Even if she died here, nobody cared enough to look for her. She was nothing to them but a mere housewife who should please her husband and when she failed to give up herself like this, her oh so great husband found others to please him. That bastard! She thought angrily.

 

She closed her eyes, wanting to really die here like this, in dirty mud. That was when she heard foot stepping on the ground as if someone was running. She ignored the sound. The heavy breathing sound was strong though.

 

The sound comes closer and closer. A sharp intake of breath filled the sudden space, only rain dripping down.

 

Then it was totally unexpected when she was lifted off the mud by her two weak wrists. She didn’t look at the person but he had enough power to be a man.

 

Heavy breathing filled her eyes as she was being tucked closer to the man who sat down on the disgusting mud with her upper body supported by his strong arms. She whimpered, really she just wanted to lie down and be left alone. Why this stranger was being nice when her own husband didn’t care about her.

 

"What you’ve done to yourself...”

 

She opened her eyes a little as the rain wiped the mud from her face and she almost stopped breathing as she saw the person- her husband. Oh Sehun.

 

He was here, for what? But he was with those two beautiful girls? Wasn’t he?

 

She frowned and tries to push him away weakly but this time, Sehun didn’t let her go. Her wrist was freed but then she felt those strong hands grabbing her waist and then she was forced in his embrace, her face on his shoulder. She weakly tried to stay away as his hand tightened around her body.

E___X___O

 

I’m pretty sure you guys are going to curse Sehun and you have all the rights to do so.

I hope you guys like the update though there are two more left.

Thank you so much for supporting this story!

Thanks for subscribing, commenting and voting!! Truly appreciate it ^^