Chapter 1; Reunited

Finding Us

Chapter 1; Reunited

Jeongyeon

- “... and something I have to ask is about you “dying” in what you said was your first role” Jeongyeon chuckled at that statement “how did that make you feel, would you have preferred to be the heroin, or to live to maybe make a reappearance?” The host finished. As he mentioned Jeongyeon making reappearance the crowd cheered and filled the room with energy.

- “No, I wouldn't change my character or the story arc at all” Jeongyeon said nonchalantly as the crowd laughed.

“Being the heroin must be a wonderful experience” she continued “but getting to play the villain was so much fun!!” The animated crowd once again cheered for Jeongyeon.

- “It did look like you were having fun, and that was no ordinary villain, you were first thought to be the victim! Was it exciting to play a plot twist like that?”

- “It was the best! When the episode with the reveal aired I went online to see the general reaction, and everyone was going crazy on the forums” Jeongyeon looked at the audience as she said that and they laughed guiltily.

“It was really amazing, though the best part was to see my sister's reaction” Jeongyeon's eyes were sparkling as she continued “she is a er for these types of shows, and I somehow managed to keep the twist a secret from her. She nearly lost her mind when it happened.” That anecdote made the host smile widely.

- “Is your sister accompanying you today? I hear that you two are very close.”

- “No, she headed to Korea first to get her school admission sorted out.”

- “That actually brings us to our last question. You are going back to Korea after living in the States for 12 years!” The audience sounded disappointed at that statement. “Are you looking forward going back, or are you sad for leaving us behind?”

- “Don't go!” One of the member of the audience yelled, that got everyone to cheer and laugh.

- “You do have a lot of fans here as of late.” The host reasoned.

- “Of course I'm a little sad for leaving, but I can always come back and visit” Jeongyeon beamed at the audience as they clapped and made noise “Most of all I want to be with my sister and father again. It has been a long time since we were all together.” Jeongyeon concluded as the host thanked her for being there, and wrapped the show up.

Jeongyeon looked out the window to see a sea of clouds, and a beautiful landscape underneath. Her flight was scheduled to arrive in one hour. Jeongyeon was reminiscing about finally going back to Korea, and of what caused them to leave it in the first place. Jeongyeon's parents were having a lot of arguments around the time that she was 8 years old. She soon realized that the reason for the arguing was her mother wanting to take her career more seriously, and her father wanting them to stay in Korea. They were both really focused on their careers at the time, plus her father already had a good position in of Korea’s top banks. As of her mother, she was offered a role in a Broadway play after auditioning to a representative that was on Korea at the time. After the representative looked at her portfolio and past acting gigs, he felt like she was the right pick for the part. Taking that part, however, would mean for them to leave Soul and head for the United States. It wasn't as simple as recording the scenes and returning to Korea; she had to perform every night for as long as the play was showing. This did not suit right with Jeongyeon's father since he already had a stable, promising future of his own, and was rumored to be the next in line for a promotion too. In the end, they decided to get a divorce to pursue their careers. Each of her parents blamed themselves for it, but ultimately they had a good relationship until the end.

An illness took Jeongyeon's mother a bit over a year ago. Jeongyeon was the closest to her mother, they shared a passion, and she wanted her mother to be there to watch her debut as an actress.

- “Please take your belongings and exit the plane carefully. Thank you for flying with us, have a great stay in Korea.” The announcement from the flight attendant made Jeongyeon snap back to reality.

“This isn't the time to be sad; finally, I get to hug Chaeyoung and father!” Jeongyeon tried to focus on the present, but the tears were starting to trickle down her cheeks. Jeongyeon wiped them off, grabbed her belongings, and got out of the plane.

Jeongyeon made her way out of the swarm of people and into the general vicinity of the airport. Before she knew it, she heard her name roared by a familiar voice, and immediately after, she was able to feel the warm embrace of her sister.

I had been quite a while since Jeongyeon laughed so much. The whole family was preparing dinner, and catching up with each other. The two daughters always said that their parents were good enough cooks to be professional chefs, because of that they decided that their job was to crack jokes and be animated while their father did most of the cooking and laughed at their antics. After they finished eating Jeongyeon's dad went to his office at home to do some work. She knew that her dad probably had a lot to do since he basically spent the entire day with them. Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung on the other hand, continue to talk on the living room while they had the TV on in the background. Then all of the sudden Chaeyoung leaped from the couch to get closer to the TV and raised the volume.

- “What? What happened?”

- “I think it will really happen, a remake of Tsukigomori!! They are even mentioning the rumors on this show” Chaeyoung said exited as she pointed at the screen. The show that they were watching went over the important news on the entertainment industry.

- “That J-dorama that you really like, isn't it from the 80's?”

- “Yeah and it is considered one of the best of all time!”

- “Then why are you so excited for a remake? They will only ruin it.”

- “I don't think so. The second half of the original Tsukigomori was really rushed, especially near the end. There were also a couple characters that could have been developed better, specially “Mio”. Anyways the best part is that the person that is rumored to be the director for the remake is Myoui Mina, the daughter of the director for the original series” Chaeyoung finished as she looked for breath. Jeongyeon could only smile when she saw how exited the little cub was getting.

- “Okay I see, calm down. It does sound exiting after all.”

- “Right?! Ah, the bit about it finished.”

- “Also, for all the lovers of foreign TV, the actress Yoo Jeongyeon who recently stared in a 3 episode arc of True Detective was scheduled to arrive to Korea next week, but according to many sources she was sited in Seoul's airport today.”

- “Whoa they are talking about you! And you managed to trick everyone again. Your fan club wanted to go meet you at the airport; they are going to be disappointed now.”

- “I just wanted to have a calm reunion with you and dad, and it wasn't that difficult. I just mentioned that I was probably flying over the week after this one in the last talk show that I did.”

- “Yoo Jeongyeon has gotten national and international love ever since the campaign that she did for NBA and MLB apparel 3 years ago, she is also the daughter of acclaimed actress Park Jihyo, better known in Korea as Yoo Jihyo, who sadly past away over a year ago. Yoo Jeongyeon's career is already looking promising for a 21 year old, and we certainty expect a lot more from her.”

- “Will you begin to ignore me now that you are all famous and stuff” Chaeyoung teased as she did aegyo to Jeongyeon

- “So you knew, I wasn't sure how to bring it up. I'm glad we are on the same page.”

Chaeyoung threw one of the cushions to Jeongyeon who swiftly retaliated. After that, they laughed, talked, and played all night.