Prologue; The cub’s return

Finding Us

Prologue; The cub’s return

Chaeyoung

Walking down the streets of Seoul on a sunny morning, Chaeyoung reminisces about her childhood when she used to live here with her entire family. After her parents got divorced she and her sister left the country with her mom. They went to the United States, since her mother was offered a role on a Broadway play. The play was successful and her mother's role, although a small one, was a fan favorite. Because of that they decided to stay there; it has been twelve years since the last time that she was in Korea. She remembered how her sister was in love with acting even back then. She would go to every rehearsal with their mother to try and learn from all the cast. Chaeyoung, on the other hand, enjoyed watching the finished play. She had always being a big fan of Korean and Japanese doramas, and her all-time favorite, “Tsukigomori,” was rumored to have a reboot. The series had gained a cult following years after its completion, so there was a lot of discussion on online forums regarding the possible remake. Chaeyoung got really excited thinking about a new version of her all-time favorite dorama, she began to walk faster and faster until without realizing it, she had arrived at her destination.

“Here it is, the Korea National University of Arts in all its glory” the little tiger thought.

“I hope it won't be much of a hassle to start the semester now, it's already 3 weeks in!”

“I guess it hasn’t been that long… I really was looking forward going through the basics though, and getting to see how good are all my classmates at painting” The exited cub worried as she make her way to the principal’s office to deliver her last papers, and make sure that her registration goes without a hitch.

She entered the headmaster's office, and was very pleased to get a warm welcome. The headmaster was a good friend of his father, that and her father was on excellent terms with the university's board for his frequent donations to the school. Like her mother, Chaeyoung’s father was an enthusiast of the arts, and living alone alleviated his monetary concerns quite a bit.

Chaeyoung was surprised at how smooth everything worked out, but she made it! She was officially an Art major!

She wanted to explore the campus, but had to hurry back home. She, along with her father, was going to get her sister at the airport. Chaeyoung's sister stayed in the States for a little longer since she had a couple of interviews scheduled in regards to her last role. Her sister, to no one’s surprise, became an actress.

- “Appa! I'm home, sorry I'm late!”

- “No worries! I had to finish with a couple things in the bank; I just came back myself. We do have to hurry though, let's make it to the airport before your sister's plane lands. We have 2 hours to get there!”

-“Lets goooo!” Chaeyoung roared as she jumped with a smile on her face.

Chaeyoung always had a good relationship with her father; her sister and mother did as well. It even seemed like her parents were going to get back together right before her mother past.

-“Chaeyoung, I'm so glad that you and your sister never drifted away from me. Thank you for always keeping a positive outlook, and for being there for each other. Even after...” Her dad looked solemn; Chaeyoung new that her dad and her sister were still hurting.

- “We always knew that you loved us!” Chaeyoung exclaimed confidently. She was devastated when her mother past away, but it had been a year since then. She knows that her mom would want them to move on.

- “You are as strong as ever, little cub” Said her father smiling as he looked for a spot in the airport's parking lot.

“You even finished high school in the States, and got good enough grades to be able to enter a fantastic university. Your sister also did great; she scored a big role in that TV Show. I could not be more proud” He said as he messed up her hair while they were walking to the gate

- “Hey, get off!” The little cub growled, beaming to her father.

Not only was she reunited with him, but also she was about to hug her favorite person in the world.

As they approached the gate they saw that the flight had already landed, and all of the passengers were pouring out in the general area of the airport.

Among them all, she saw her sister glowing like a sun to her eyes.

“Jeongyeon!!!” Chaeyoung yelled as she jumped into her sister's embrace.