MNSPLS: Chapter One

My Not-so Perfect Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter one

* * *

Dara's POV

I can't believe it's been a week since I lost the love of my life. Not literally but It definitely felt like it. It feels as if it was just yesterday my boyfriend of 4 years left me for another man. Yes. Donghae, the only man I've ever loved. The only man I've ever thought about spending my whole life with broke up with me last week because he is attracted to men. Oh God! How did I even end up in this situation? Justa week ago, I was happily engaged. I was over the moon, I was swamped for preparing for my supposed wedding. All those months of preparations went down the drain when Donghae decided to reveal his darkest, deepest secret during our 4th year anniversary.

It was supposed to be a special night. Well, It was.. for him anyway. At least he was happy because I was dying of agony. Oh! How can I even get back from that? My life has officially hit rock bottom. Look at me, I'm a total mess. I haven't done much since that night, well if crying and eating my feeling is 'doing something' then I guess I've been on the roll. No, but to be really honest I've been in incognito since that night. I haven't got the guts to show my face to the world because I'm afraid that it will just add more damage to my already messed up life. And to be more honest, I'm kind of embarrassed about the fact that my fiance left me for another man.

Splattered on my bed with my pajamas still on, I was busy watching the ceiling of my room and well, busy taking a walk down memory lane. Oh, by the way, I still have the same pajamas I had from yesterday and I am still in the same spot as I was this morning because let's be real here, who has the strength to even do anything when you're heartbroken and alone?

Anyway, nothing has changed. Nothing at all, well maybe except for the box of tissue on my bedside table and also, a bunch of tissues and crumpled pictures of me and Donghae messily scattered on the bed and on the floor.

I silently listen to the ticking clock on my bedside table while reminiscing about the past. I should get a grip of myself and forget about Donghae. He is not coming back, you fool. My stupid brain suddenly wanted to make more miserable than I already am. Of course not! Of course, he's not coming back because he has other preferences. 'Stupid Dara. You should be happy he didn't dump you for another girl.' My brain once again decided to interfere. Oh, shut up brain! Like you would know any better.

Ahh! Am I crazy? I'm talking to myself. Tagging my hair in frustration, I suddenly had the urge to push myself out off the bed and throw myself a warm hot bath. That would actually be a wonderful idea.. since I stink. I raised my arms to check my pits and I got a swift of the dreadful smell of rotten thrash. Whoah! Holy Mother of...I stink to holy hell. I need a bath! And fast!

'You need Jesus, girl' My brain exclaimed.

Shut up! I'm not talking to you!

Ahh. I need a bath. And definitely, need something to eat. I've been feasting on chocolates, cookies and ice cream for the past two days and let me tell you how your body feels like after doing so...It feels awful. The thing is the human body is not made for eating cookies and chocolate. We need food people! Real food! And none of that salad kind of crap. We need meat! Oh.. well I need meat.

I was about to get up from my bed and continue my way to the bathroom when my phone which was placed on the bedside table started to ring. I threw a quick glance, checking who would dare to disturb me during my mourning period.

Bominator (Don't pick up! she will kill you!!)

Arg. It's Bommie again. Shoot! What am I suppose to do? Well, my phone is crystal clear about what to and not to do. She will kill me if I pick up but then again, she will kill me anyway if I don't pick up. Oh God! How did I end up being friends with her? She is making my life a living hell.

Oh My God! should I pick up? What should I do? Ahhhhh!!!

No! Okay, Dara! Stop playing around and start picking up the pieces of your broken heart. You need to get over Donghae and go back to how your life was before all of these. I pick my phone, pressed the decline button and threw it on the bed. Pushing myself up from the bed, I got up and headed to the bathroom. Although, I did all of those things too fast because I suddenly felt a sudden rush in my body. I felt a little light-headed due to standing too fast. But I tried to shake it off and headed towards the bathroom instead.

I strip from my pajamas and prepare myself a hot bath. When the tub was half full, I settle myself into it and simply let the hot water do its magic. A little tingle settles on my skin as I made contact with the water. Oh. This certainly feels nice. My body immediately relaxes on its own and I simply lean into the tub even more. My body soaked in hot water and my head is finally having the break it deserves. I don't know about you guys, but I really think that things are finally looking up.

After thirty minutes or so, I finally got up from the tub. I dry myself with the towel hanging on the towel rack and continued to wrap it around my body. When I opened the door to my room, I suddenly heard a loud banging sound coming from my front door. Now, who could this person be banging on the door at 7 o'clock in the evening?

I heave a sigh and decided to see who it was. I put on my robe and headed towards the main door. The latter was still banging hard on the door and a woman with a very familiar voice is shouting profusely from the outside.

"SANDARA PARK! OPEN THIS DAMN DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT!" An overly familiar voice exclaimed from outside. I suddenly got chills creeping on my body as I recognized it. Shoot! It's Bom. Oh, God. This is going to be a long night. Now, here I am thinking that everything is finally making sense.

"I SWEAR, DARA! IM GOING TO BREAK THIS!" She shouted against the door. I couldn't help but flinch because of her loud and eery voice.

I immediately stride towards the door and was eventually forced to open it before the madwoman behind it kick it and wreak my whole apartment. By the time I had all the bolts to my door unlocked, my door promptly flung open and I was greeted by a fuming Bom. A loud shriek invaded my head when I saw the sight of her because that was when I realized that I messed up real nice and really good.

"Sandara Park! Why haven't you been answering my calls? I was so worried about you. I..." I didn't even let the latter continue as I held my hand up in front of her, interrupting her.

"I love you Bom, but you're really being a handful right now. I just needed some space okay. To sort things out, you know. You and I both know how much this breakup affected me and I guess, hiding my exi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter