chapter 20

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

On wednesday, the prof showed them the basics of photographing portraits.

Jungkook quickly got the hang of it and soon, it itched in his fingers to take photos of a certain someone. Oblivious as he was, Tae didn´t notice the younger taking picture after picture of him in secret during the lesson. At the break time, he checked the pictures he had taken while the brunet was happily spinning around in his chair. With a warm sensation, Jungkook watched him having fun on his own, a faint smile tugging at his lips. After a while the older got tired of it though so he stopped spinning and instead went to look at the clouds. As quiet as he could manage, Jungkook sneaked closer and then took a close-up of his love gazing towards the sky.

This time, he didn´t go unnoticed. 

"Kookie, what are you doing?", the brunet asked, turning to face him.

"Uh... practicing the stuff from today?"

"Wah, cool! Yeah, let´s do that. You can shoot me and I´m gonna take pics of you, okay?"

Jungkook shrugged. "Sure, that´s cool."

He silently thanked whatever almighty power was responsible for that. Then he haltet. And gave the older a judging look. "Okay hyung, but what the hell are you wearing there?"

Because the brunet had decided to combine a colorful oversized granny-style knitted jacket with a black shirt and wide black trousers. In Jungkook´s opinion, it was a ridiculous outfit.

"Yah, that´s called fashion, you moron!" The complaint lost its sting as Tae grinned broadly, smacking the younger in a playful manner on the arm. Jungkook didn´t mind the smacking though as in that particular moment bright sunlight hit Tae´s face.

"Oh my gawd", he breathed, leaning closer and closer to the older´s face. Staring at those enchanting lit up eyes. With trembling fingers, Jungkook adjusted his camera and then took close-ups of Tae´s left eye. One, two, three, five, nine, twenty times and more he released the shutter. For he wanted to capture the sight in the best way possible. This ring of molten chocolate surrounding a pool of chestnut orange-brown laying beneath a wreath of golden rays. An own tiny sun caught in the magnificent iris of the frozen brunet. 

"Beautiful", Jungkook mumbled as he finally set down his camera. And like that, the spell was broken.

"Lemme see, lemme see", Tae begged with grabby hands, slumping down after sitting still so long. Obliging, the younger handed him the device. The brunet switched through the pictures, eyes growing wider by the second.

"Whoa! Those are great, Kookie", he exclaimed in awe. "You are incredibly good at this. I´m not even kidding."

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "I didn´t do anything. It´s because you are so stunning, hyung."

"Waaah, are you trying to flirt with me here? Aish, Kookie." Tae chuckled, oblivious to the other turning bright red. "Okay, my turn."

They took pictures of each other for the rest of the break. Soon, it became a contest of who could strike the most hilarious pose. At the end of the break, Jungkook had loads of shots showing Tae. Some were, as he had to admit, quite hot. Not that it surprised him. Tae had been photographed by professionals for his album covers afterall. But those new photos were his, and his only. He would make sure to savour them. 

As the workshop continued, Jungkook found it extremely difficult not to take pictures of the brunet, now as he had begun with it. So he went on to sneakily shoot him. The older saw it and made several funny gestures and expressions. They were so extra Jungkook couldn´t stop himself from giggling and as soon as he began, Tae joined him. They got yelled at twice by the old professor this day. Not that it did stop the raven-head.

As the workshop was over, he took pictures of the older in the warm light of an old street lamp, infront of the distant skyscrapers, at the bus stop, everywhere. Until he heard a happy shout, getting louder and louder.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, JUNGKOOOOOOOOK~~~"

Sighing, the maknae casted Tae an apologetic look. "Guess hyung is here..."

The brunet giggled at his suffering expression. Moments later, Jungkook was hit by Hoseok running on full speed like a truck and for once really did fall down. And Tae burst out into wholehearted laughter. Then the red-head looked up to him and his heart-shaped smile got impossibly wider. With a grace one wouldn´t expect after the blunt attack, he got up from the youngest.

"Ah, you must be Taehyung. I am so glad to meet you, Jungkook told us sooooo much about you", he rambled while shaking the brunet´s hand and then engulfing him in a tight hug, swaying forth and back as if dancing drunk. They both grinned broadly, already liking each other a lot.

"Yes, that´s my name. And who are you?", Tae asked as they finally let go of each other.

Hoseok made v-signs next to his face. "I´m your hope, J-Hope a.k.a Jung Hoseok. Nice to meet you! Oh, I heard you´re born in 1995? That makes me your hyung~"

"Alright, Hopie-hyung. So what did Kookie tell you about me?"

"Nothing", Jungkook harshly interrupted and grabbed the brunet´s hand, pulling him along.

They headed down the road in a fast pace, the youngest walking with his hand locked with Tae´s and Hoseok tagging along. The older two chit-chatted lively nonstop. Eventually, they got to the topic of occupations.

"So, what are you doing if not running over poor Kookie?"

"Oh, you know, this and that..." Hoseok waved his hand, avoiding eye contact whit all might. Jungkook silently groaned because how obvious could one possibly be? But miraculously, the red-head was able to save his alone. 

"The more important question is: am I really walking next to a celebrity right now? Because as far as I know you are a quite successful singer. I wouldn´t say I´m a fan but, well... okay yeah, maybe I am."

Tae proudly puffed out his chest and struck some poses. "So you know me? A fan, huh? I must be famous then..."

Hoseok laughed and pointed at the silent maknae. "Of course I know you. I have Jungkook here with me, remember?"

The brunet deflated as he heard his new friend just knew him thanks to Jungkook and not because of his music. 

As he saw the strange behavior, the red-head realized his mistake though and quickly added: "But I knew you before too. Heard some of your songs on the radio and wow, your deep voice got me right here." He dramatically clutched his chest. And brought back a wide rectangular smile to his dongsaeng´s face.

They took a few steps in silence before out of the blue, Tae began to sing. His deep, soulful voice got carried away by a slight night breeze as he sang a song Jungkook didn´t know. He unconsciously slowed down, matching their walk to the song. From the corner of his eye he could see Hoseok smirking at him but he didn´t find it in himself to care. Not if Tae was singing just for them and sounded so ethereal. Jungkook half-closed his eyes as he let the deep voice wash over him. If I just could stop time...

But the moment wasn´t perfect. Because animated by the singing, the younger´s Blessing was acting on his own once again. Nagging Jungkook, trying to purse him in singing too, in letting go of his power. It wanted out, out, out and Jungkook repeatedly had to shove it back in its cage last-second. This was a new experience. Blessing hiccups, he´d name it. A new step closer to doom, reminding him how little control he had left. And it scared the sh*t out of him with two of the people dearest to him so close-by. Because what if something happened? What if--- what if he accidentally killed them? Killed Hoseok? Killed... Tae?!

Breathing became a hassle. There wasn´t enough air! Jungkook let go of Tae´s hand and and halted, his hand now clutching his chest. Air, more air! He gaped like a stranded fish, panic rising while he still couldn´t breathe. His head became numb. He slumped down as red and black spots blocked his sight. No no no no no!

There was a warm hand on his back, rubbing soothing circles. And an almost inaudible whisper, so quiet above the blood soughing in his ears. "You can do it. I believe in you. It will be alright. You mastered your power in an early age and all alone and held control for so long. This time, I´m here with you, you are not alone. So now, you can, no you will regain this control. You can do it. For Tae."

Two words got stuck in Jungkook´s head. Agonizing slow, he took a shuddering breath. And another.

Control, control, control. Tae.

The warm hand still rubbing his back, an idea blossomed. An idea about abstract containments, imagination and manifestation. Tae. Jungkook took a bit of the bowl´s rim, widening and stretching it - andd put the new lid on the bowl. On the pod where his Blessing was now trapped again.

Tae.

As he was sure there was no longer danger imminent, all the tension left his muscles. Strong arms caught him before he could hit the ground. He made out two worried faces hovering above him. Alive. Both were alive. He threw them an apologetic smile. "Ah, sorry for that. I´m fine now."

Hoseok eyed him in suspicion but he knew better than to pry further. "If you say so. Where are we going anyway?"

Tae seemed to get the hint. "To one of my fav restaurants. We´re almost there. Just follow me, hyung~"

For the rest of the way, the brunet would look over his shoulder every ten seconds, checking on Jungkook and the latter would smile and give him a thumbs-up. Surpressing the winces as countless needles pierced his stomach. After some minutes, the sharp stings had become a part of him.

"Oh my gosh, Jungkook, I remember this place! They make amazing beef stew here! Come-on, let´s get you stuffed with your favorite meal." Hoseok grabbed his hand and pulled him to an empty table. That was when Jungkook heard a scowl right next to him. And made eye contact with a certain author. They both turned to Tae, giving him nasty looks.

"For real, hyung? Again?"

"Why do you keep lying to me and forcing me to meet him?"

The brunet sheepishly scratched his head. "Well, I thought it didn´t go that bad yesterday, so..."

And again, Hoseok saved the situation. "If this isn´t our maknae´s crush! Awww, you are so cute, I feel like falling for you too~ Park Jimin, right? Name´s Hoseok but you can call me Hobi-hyung since you are such a cutie. I heard you made poor Jungkook run to countless book shop-event-somethings. So you are an author, huh? What are you writing about?" The red-head didn´t give the flustered Jimin time to answer and continued. As Hoseok needed to stop talking for the sake of ordering food, the small blonde took the chance and began to rant about his recent bestseller and the new book he was working on but couldn´t publish yet because somehow everything had disappeared. It didn´t take long and they were in a full-out conversation about literature, different writing styles and conspiracy theories, Tae chiming in from time to time. Jungkook watched amused how Jimin warmed up to his hyung. Nobody could withstand the bubbly forger´s charm. 

Then their meals arrived and Jungkook moaned at the delicious smell. Not looking left and right, he hungrily dug in.

Tae laughed. "You really do love beef stew, eh?"

The maknae froze and slowly turned his head. "...yesh..." he mumbled with full mouth.

"Oh my gosh Jiminie, look at that! Our cute little baby bunny happily munching his fav meal~~~"

Jungkook tried to make himself as small as possible to avert the gazes. Resulting in the whole table bursting into loud laughter. Even Jimin. It was a beautiful sight.

Luckily, the talk soon continued and Jungkook could eat in peace. Until he almost choked as both Jimin and Hoseok got up and showed each other some dance moves. In the middle of a restaurant. But after the embarassing impromptu, all remaining tension left Jimin and the author´s eyes turned into crescents. Jungkook took the opportunity to join the conversation.

"Jimin-ssi, what is your favorite meal?" It felt incredibly strange, calling his target by its name. So... intimate. Personal. He wasn´t supposed to build such a connection to his victims, god-damnit.

"Huh? We already had this conversation, Jungkook-ah."

"Aw, poor Kookie was too engrossed by you to memorize what you were saying, hyung", Tae cooed while playing with the raven-head´s hair.

Hoseok perked up his head, mischief gleaming in his eyes. "Kookie?! Did you just let yourself be called 'Kookie' without a complaint? Oh my god Kookie, what an incredible development, I am so proud." He wiped a fake tear away.

Jungkook scrunched his nose. "Ugh, no hyung, you are not allowed to call me that! That´s reserved for very special persons only."

*Gasp* "Am I not a very special person to you?!"

"No", the youngest replied bluntly.

"YAH, Jeon Jeongguk!"

They continued bickering and teasing, very much to Tae´s and Jimin´s delight. And as they separated and went home, all four young men had wide grins on their faces. But as soon as the others were out of sight, Hoseok´s expression fell and grew dead serious.

"Jungkook, we need to talk."