chapter 10

Wanna kiss you, don't wanna kiss you

At 8:00, Jungkook was still fast asleep, doing very well at ignoring the alarm he had set himself. After five minutes, Yoongi bursted into the room, pulled alarm clock and plug from the bedside table and threw it onto the leader. Loudly cursing he went away again. Jungkook began to stir in his sleep.

At 8:30, Yoongi told him he found out the target was a pure Blessed but he couldn't say more.

At 8:57, Jungkook was sitting on the same bench as last time he was in the small city park. He kept fiddling with the straps of his bag, counting the seconds while waiting for Taehyung. For Tae. And for whatever reason, he was nervous. As if it was a date or anything like that. For god's sake, they were just going to talk about how to set up a meeting with the target. Really, why was everything so strange with him? The younger glanced to each side, once more growing impatient as Tae didn't come.

At 9:12, Jungkook contemplated going back. Had he gotten the instructions wrong somehow? He zipped and ped every pocket he found. Confirmed the tape was still inside the bag. Counted the pidgeons. Watched the steel grey clouds above. Checked his messages. Nothing. But then...

"WAAAH, KILLER BUNNY", the brunet shouted from the bottom of his lungs as he sprinted to Jungkook with outstretched arms and typical wide smile.

The younger lost a breath he didn't realize he was holding. But that gesture... did Tae want to greet-hug him again? Not sure what he should do and what he wanted, Jungkook froze midair in the movement of getting up. It must've looked like he was about to sh*t. Tae of course didn't bother the weird stance as he crashed into the raven-haired and they both went down, their limbs entangled.

"Hyung", Jungkook groaned. God, the other on him was heavy but never would he admit it. And now Tae watched him, not apologetically but curious what would come next. So the younger scrambled for the first thing coming in mind just to say anything.

"The name thing doesn't work out if you scream our agent titles in everybody's faces."

Taehyung frowned. "Oh. I guess you have a point there... my bad."

Jungkook's lips quirked up against his will.

"Now as we settled that, would you mind getting off of me, please?", he asked and did his best to sound mad.

But why was it so difficult to be mad at him? Jungkook watched in amusement  (disturbed he was amused instead of mad) as the brunet kept thinking about their get-together. With a blank stare he kept sitting on the younger's chest, looking into nothingness and Jungkook would've given quite something to hear the other's thoughts right now. There was an awkward silence as Tae kept staring into thin air and Jungkook kept staring at Tae in the meanwhile. Though awkward didn't mean uncomfortable...

"Ah! I know!" Tae suddenly jumped up and snipped his fingers. "We definitely need a secret handshake", he exclaimed.

Jungkook looked up to the figure hovering above him, baffled. "A what?!"

"A secret handshake", the elder repeated, hopping from one leg to the other in excitement and added "but it has to be unique so nobody can copy us and pretend to be part of project jikook."

The younger was still not convinced. "But it's only the two of us in this 'project'. There should be no problems recognizing each other."

"Still. Just because", the elder insisted and pulled Jungkook up to him. They were now standing face to face, the ravenhead resigned as he saw there was no way out and the brunet burning for his own idea.

"I already have something in mind. Look, first we do such a swirling hand movement like snakes snaking around each other, then we fist-bump, then we both fssssch~ away and then we go like this and then we grab each other's hands and jump one round, then we turn another round like this and then this and this and like this..."

Tae kept making random arm movements. Jungkook gaped at him. Was he really supposed to learn that strange thirty minutes choreo to perform it whenever they both met? He couldn't decide whether to shake his head or laugh at the other for his extraness. But on the other hand... it could no way be more difficult than getting the ing CD. Challenge accepted!

"Okay, okay hyung. Wait, wait, wait." Jungkook raised his hands. "Show me the whole thing from the beginning but in slow motion, please."

Tae grinned at him. So he showed the complex greeting rite slower and the younger mirrored his moves one by one.

"Again", he demanded.

The elder complied.

They went through it again and again and again with the seriousness of learning a dance choreography for the royal ballet. Eventually, Jungkook got the hang of it just in time before it started to drizzle. Out of reflex, he grabbed the other's wrist to pull him somewhere safe. As he realized what he was doing, the younger let go as if he had burnt his hand on the brunet's skin. What the hell, did he just initiate skinship? What was going on here? Unfazed by the strange behavior, Tae remained where he was and let the raindrops fall on his tanned skin, flow down his face, build bigger droplets on the tips of his hair, drench his clothes. All the while having a serene smile on his face and his hands slightly outstretched.

"Hyung, what are you doing? You'll catch a cold", Jungkook complained.

Tae pouted cutely. Cutely?! No way! "But it feels nice. Don't you think so too?"

"I... I don't know", the younger stammered.

"Then try it out."

Jungkook sighed but obliged. He copied the elder's stance and turned his face to heaven. The rain hit his skin, ran down his face, formed water streams which connected to bigger water streams disappearing beneath his collar. His bangs were glued to his forehead. Water ran into his nose, into his eyes. The rain became stronger, stinging at his skin like thousand needles. And he didn't like it. Looking up into the rain without any kind of protection, he felt bare. Exposed. . Vulnerable. No, it did not feel nice. He didn't like feeling that way.

"Okay, great. Now we are both drenched to our bones. Satsfied? Can we go and get inside somewhere now?"

Tae gave him a strange look. "...Alright. There is a pavillon over there, we could squeeze under the roof..."

Jungkook eyed said pavillon in suspicion. It was already filled with people. Ugh, joining the crowd... He cringed in disgust. "No, not there. Let's go somewhere less... crowdy."

The other gave him a surprised look. "Are you by any chance affraid of crowds, Killer bunny?"

"I, uh-"

Tae laughed.

"No problem. I live closeby and Jiminnie-hyung isn't home right  now. Let´s go."

He grabbed the younger's hand and dragged him with him. Jungkook tried to pull away but the other's hand was unexpectedly strong. With hanging shoulders, he fell in step with the brunet. After some hundred metres he found himself completely relaxed and comfortable with another´s hand tightly clamped around his wrist. He didn´t like that realization either. Why am I okay with this, with somebody touching me, trapping me and holding me in place? What´s wrong with me lately? Eventually, they reached a tall building with balconies and floor-to-ceiling windows. It was defenitely not the shabbiest place to live in. Tae pulled out his keys and fumbled to open the entrance door with one hand, unwilling to let go of Jungkook. Who watched the long, slender fingers struggling with the task at hand. After some tries, the lock clicked and the brunette pushed the door open for Jungkook to get in first. As they both were inside the building, he once more grabbed the younger´s hand and lead him to the elevator.

It was a strange ride in the cramped metal cage. There was a woman with a baby carriage inside the elevator so they both had to press into a corner and against each other. Jungkook felt the brunette´s breath against his neck, felt the faint heartbeat of the elder through the many layers of clothes and wherever their bodies touched it felt... funny. Beside the breath fanning his neck, the worst part was his wrist which was still held by Tae. His skin got extremely warm under the big hand. It was almost abnormal. But for any unknown reason it felt nice. Somehow.

As they reached the eleventh floor, Jungkook scrambled after Tae. For some odd reason, his legs weren´t playing their part very well. With a dramatic gesture, Tae opened the wooden door to the flat he shared with his best friend.

"Welcome... to Kim´s & Park´s, the finest after-rain-getting-warm-again flat in town", he proudly declared.

"Isn´t that name thing rather used for shops or agencies or stuff?", the ravenhead teased while glancing around.

"Hey, it works for flats just as fine, understood?" Tae pouted again.

Here we go again... the cute pout is back. Why cute though? Maybe because, because his lips look... soft,yeah. I, uhm, what, err... what the hell? Why is his pout doing things to me? And of course his lips look soft- wait, why 'of course'? Not everybody has soft lips. But he defenitely has... oh my gosh, what´s wrong with me?

Before he could say something rather stupid, Jungkook decided to state the obvious. Just to say anything but what he had thought of right now.

"It uh, it´s very clean here."

"Yeah, Jiminnie has a cleaning tick", the brunette chuckled and took both of their jackets for hanging them somewhere to dry.

Jungkook now examined the flat closer. There was a small kitchen which didn´t seem to be used very often, two closed doors probably leading to their private rooms, a quite big bathroom and the living room. Everything was held in soft colors, creating a weird mixture of a cold expensive and light cozy atmosphere. But the clashing of concepts surprisingly worked out. 

He gave a closer look to the living room. The huge room with one wall completely made of glass was divided into two areas by a big bookshelf. In the front part there were standing a creamy white couch and armchair infront of a flatscreen tv. On both were several plush pillows and blankets draped. Then there was a modern stereo system standing on one wall, right next to not one, but three CD shelves. And then there was the other half of the room. Jungkook rounded the bookshelf wall to find the dining area right next to the window glass wall. No balcony. It had to be at one of their private rooms then. However, he didn´t need a balcony to see the view from up here was breathtaking. What a sight it had to be at night, thousands of tiny lights underneath...

"Beautiful, isn´t it", a voice sounded behind him. Startled, Jungkook turned around to face the owner of the deep, full voice.

"Here", Tae reached him two towels and a bunch of clothes.

"I lend you some of mine so your clothes can dry. You go first." He motioned with his head to the bathroom.

"Uhm, thanks." With the splashing sound of wet socks on wooden floor, the younger padded away to take a shower. He didn´t linger but scrubbed himself effectively off as the brunette was still in his wet clothes and waiting for his turn. Dry again and wearing warm clothes not being his own (usually that was an absolute no-go but their scent was somehow soothing), he returned to the living room and slumped down on the couch.

Tae immediately leapt up and darted to the bathroom. Only seconds later, there was a loud freening "Aaaaaaaaah~" and then the toilet flush went off. Jungkook smirked. Whilst the other now took his turn showering, he went to the CD shelves, curious what kind of music Tae and that author - then that´s right, he now was in the target´s and the collateral´s, no, Tae´s flat - were listening to. Other than Taeyang, at least. 

"Admiring our collection?", Tae joked.

This time, Jungkook wasn´t caught off guard by the voice out of nowhere. Though as he turned around... he was so NOT ready for seeing the elder standing almost infront of him, just a towel hanging around his waist. He kept staring and staring, mesmerized by the sight. Which went unnoticed by the brunette, casually strolling towards him and reaching for a CD.

"That´s been my first one", he happily exclaimed and shoved it under the younger´s nose. Slowly, Jungkook dragged his gaze from the barely covered body to the CD. He nearly choked on his saliva. "Is- is that you?!" For there was a familar face in profile printed on the cover but with bright orange hair.

"Yup", Tae smiled proudly. "I´m a singer afterall. Didn´t I tell you?"

A singer... he was a god-damned singer. Jungkook shook his head, not trusting his voice. Because a singer... that was bad. He mustn´t do anything stupid.

"No? You didn´t know?" The brunette sounded honestly surprised. "In that case I´ll lend you something." He grabbed some more CD´s and stuffed them in the other´s bag. Then he shuffled to the couch, grabbed a blanket and padded at the space next to him.

Does he really expect me to get under a blanket with him?, Jungkook wondered. But his body was already moving on its own. With a shrug, he went to sit on the couch next to Tae and snuggled into the blanket which the elder had hold invitingly open for him. He studied the brunette, now lacing his fingers around a pulled up knee.

"You have beautiful hands", Jungkook blurted. And froze in shock.

Tae watched him, eyebrows raised in amusement. "Thank you."

But inside of the younger was now a storm raging.

What the is going on?! This didn´t really happen just now, right? Why did I do that? Why am I sharing a blanket with someone? Why did I not think twice before following him to his flat? Why am I feeling so different and strange with him? Wait, WHY AM I FEELING?! That´s just not right! I mustn´t do that or everything will repeat itself, my life will go to sh*t again!

"You!", Jungkook hissed. He was now standing and pointed an accusing finger at the confused man on the couch. "It is all you. You make me feel. YOU MAKE ME FEEL", he now roared. "And I don´t like it. I want you to make it stop! I don´t want that! Make it stop! Leave me alone!"

With that, he grabbed his bag and stormed off, the matter at hand with the CD for the target long since forgotten.

As the door banged shut and silence returned, Tae was still sitting at the couch.

"...What? What does he mean?"