Meeting #1

Meetings (Renjun x Reader)

“Lee Jeno, where the are you?” [Name] hissed as they called their childhood friend who sneezed on the other side of the call. 

“I’m sorry, [Name]. I-I really am! I-it’s just that I’m si-sick!” The other said, hoping that their lie was enough but [Name] knew the truth. After all, the sneezes had some brief moments where it would stop and the sound of it coming from another device was present. [Name] also knew that when Jeno was sick, he barely had enough strength to even eat - let alone answer a phone call.

“Cut the bull, Jeno. What’s really up?” [Name] asked as they once again looked into the cafe and saw someone with bright red hair and sporting a pink sweater who had their back conveniently to the window that they were spying through. No…it can’t be…he’s probably too busy…

“Alright, you got me. I really can’t make it because Manager-hyung rescheduled one of my events and made me go and just…I’m sorry,” Jeno said, sounding sincere enough. [Name] merely sighed and took a deep breath before continuing.

“I can’t believe I rescheduled my Nightcore photo shoot for this…Now I have to get up early next week!” They complained, already tired of waiting for their friend who would never come.

“Wait! I didn’t want you to waste your day so I told one of my other friends to go for me! Maybe they can keep you company!” Jeno shouted over the line in fear that [Name] would leave the vicinity when his master plan hadn’t even started.

“Oh really? Who? If it’s Mark, I’m going to kill you,” [Name] threatened and heard Jeno’s low chuckle in response.

“It isn’t Mark.”

“So it is.”

“No it isn’t! It’s someone better! Just go meet them, okay?”

“I don’t even know who they are, genius.”

“Right…they have red hair that they dyed like yesterday for some weird reason. So that’s probably enough to identify them. If not, the pink sweater should be enough.” Glancing at the red haired customer through the window, [Name] hurriedly ended the call as nerves began to take over their body.

 

Well, if my theory is correct…I’m ed.

 

~ ~ ~

 

*Let’s turn the clock back two hours*

Chat - HealingSmileofDream (@yutasbro)

 

HealingSmileofDream

Wanna hang out?

 

UnderratedVocal

We legit hung out last week???

 

HealingSmileofDream

What if I wanna hang out again?

 

HealingSmileofDream

*whines*

 

UnderratedVocal

Okay, okay

 

UnderratedVocal

What do you want to do?

 

HealingSmileofDream

Cafe

 

HealingSmileofDream

The 1 near da gud ramyun place

 

UnderratedVocal

The one that gives out discounts if you’re good looking enough?

 

HealingSmileofDream

ya

 

UnderratedVocal

I’m in

 

 

UnderratedVocal

We have a free day anyway

 

HealingSmileofDream

YAY!

 

HealingSmileofDream

Can’t wait!

 

UnderratedVocal

SHouldn’t you be getting ready, then?

 

HealingSmileofDream

I am ready

 

HealingSmileofDream

I’m @ the practice rooms

 

HealingSmileofDream

Dance for my solo is hard af

 

HealingSmileofDream

I’ll meet u @ cafe,12

 

UnderratedVocal

Ok see you then

 

Bored, Renjun ran his hand through his hair that he unwillingly dyed the night before as they opened the brilliant app named Instagram. Hoping to find one picture of a certain model that they wished to meet…sadly, there wasn’t anything interesting enough to make him procrastinate so Renjun decided to just get ready to meet Jaemin at the cafe.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Group Chat - RENJUN X [NAME] (@127maknae, @cuteeyesmile, @yutasbro)

 

Satan’sChild#2

U owe me

 

Satan’sChild#2

bcoz gues who got moomin 2 go out

 

Shut up Mark

Oh god…

 

Shut up Mark

This is not going to end well

 

 

Mastermind

GOod job Min!!!!

 

Satan’sChild#1

THE SHIP IS SAILING

 

~ ~ ~

 

“Are you really going to wear that?” Chenle asked in Mandarin as he walked in to Renjun wearing a simple black sweater and jeans.

“Um…yes?” He answered back in the same language until Jeno entered their shared room by pushing Chenle aside.

“Don’t you think that’s a bit…boring?” Jeno asked him, wanting Renjun to only embarrass himself in front of his celebrity crush.

“What’s wrong with black?” Rennin questioned as he tried to style in hair in the mirror, reverting back to Korean since Jeno was present. “Besides, I’m only meeting Jaemin. It’s not like he’s going to care.”

The statement caused Jeno and Chenle to exchange looks with one another, looks that were filled to the brim with knowing and mischief. Luckily, the eldest on in the room was too preoccupied with trying to not look like he just spent five minutes in the shower. 

“Wear the pink sweater, ge…it’ll look better…” Chenle tried convincing his elder while holding up the sweater but stopped his efforts once Renjun merely shook his head. Stubborn, Renjun was about to walk out of the house when he bumped into Jisung who was holding a banana milkshake.

 

Today was not Renjun’s day.

 

Sighing, he went to the bathroom to change into the pink sweater after almost ripping it from Chenle’s hands.

 

~ ~ ~

 

*Present time*

 

“Oh Jaemin! When are you getting here?” Renjun asked through his phone to the younger on the other line.

“Me? Oh uh…I got…delayed and probably…Jeno stop…probably won’t be able to make it,” Jaemin said but not before a quiet moan was heard (Renjun didn’t even want to know what the two were up to). 

“So you’re ditching me? Wow, thanks a lot. Anyway, you have fun doing…whatever you’re doing…” Renjun said as he hung up. Making a mental note to never trust Jaemin when he said he wanted to hang out ever again, Renjun sighed as he got up to leave but was stopped by a voice that seemed too familiar to him(…of course it was familiar, he had heard it on a wide range of variety shows that a certain model attended…).

 

“Leaving already? I’m sorry if I got this wrong but do you know someone named Lee Jeno?”

 

Looking up (and secretly hoping that his suspicions were confirmed) Renjun saw something that he never thought he would see in the flesh. Hair that seemed to be drawn, face structure that seemed to be carved carefully from angels and charisma that only a professional would be able to emit.

 

It was [Last Name] [First Name] in the flesh with hair dip dyed in a light [favourite colour other than red].

 

“No way…” Renjun mumbled until he realised that the person in front of him was the model that he had late night chats with online.

“Um…yes, I know a Lee Jeno…sorry…I’m awkward…” Inwardly cursing, he bowed his head.

“No need to apologise, if anything Jeno needs to explain things to me. Anyway…nice to finally meet you, Huang Renjun of NCT Dream,” The other said as they extended their hand for a short handshake. Smiling back, Renjun fulfilled the request for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you too, Solo Model [Last Name] [First Name].”

 

~ ~ ~

 

When [Name] questioned if they were ed…[Name] realised they were ed.

 

Huang Renjun was so much more adorable in person than over text. It was a miracle that [Name] was able to talk with fake confidence.

“So what brings you here?” [Name] questioned as they slowly ate some cake that they ordered a short while ago.

“Well, you know Jaemin? Oh sorry, you probably do know Jaemin…”

“Keep going, I only know of Jaemin. I’ve never met him.”

“Well, Jaemin, yeah? He said he wanted to hang out and just bailed on me. He’s probably doing something with Jeno right now because he mentioned him when I called him earlier,” Renjun replied, shrugging and taking a sip of the small latte that he had ordered quite a few minutes ago.

“Jeno said he was going to some of his schedules though?”

“We all have a free day today…”

“Jeno is dead to me,” [Name] decided and didn’t realise that they had blurted out their thoughts until they heard giggles coming from Renjun himself.

“Don’t worry, Jaemin is dead to me now too,” Renjun replied, smiling at his companion from across the table ([Name] desperately tried to ignore the snaggletooth that was peeking out from behind his lips). 

“And suddenly, I don’t know of a Na Jaemin anymore,” [Name] joked and laughed along with Renjun. “But seriously, why the pink sweater, Moomin?” 

 

If [Name] wasn’t ed for life before, they were ed for life now.

 

The sight of Huang Renjun (the Huang Renjun) blushing slightly because of a nickname was too cute to handle. Seriously, who let him come into this cafe?

“I was going to wear a black one but then Jisung - our youngest - got banana milkshake on it and I had to change,” He explained, eyes revealing hints of anger and annoyance.

“And you have nothing else-“ 

 

A sudden shrill scream (or was it called a squeal?) cut the solo model’s sentence in half, leaving the last bit lost in the ocean.

 

“Is that Huang Renjun and [Last Name] [First Name] who are together?”

 

Sadly, this caused about 99% of the cafe to look at them and come to conclusions on their own.

 

“Are they dating?”

“Oh my god! Look! Renjun’s blushing!”
“They even dyed their hair! Were they trying to impress each other?”

 

Alright, [Name]. Time to ditch.

 

“We’re going to have to leave otherwise they’ll swarm us,” [Name] stated as they got up and quickly gathered their belongings.

“Wait, where are we going?” Renjun asked, hastily grabbing his belongings as well.

“Anywhere but here. This is going to be on tomorrow’s magazine…oh god…” [Name] complained as they watched Renjun struggle to get past the flashes of the cameras and the screams of the paparazzi. Admittedly, [Name] was having a worse time with so many people asking them to stop and pose for the camera. Just because they were a model does not mean that they pose for cameras all the time. Deciding that it was best to stick together, [Name] reached out and grabbed Renjun’s hand, using their free one to push through the crowd with threats about calling their company’s boss to complain. It only took around 10 minutes (new record!!) for them to exit the cafe and lose the crowd in the streets. All the while, [Name] was tightly gripping their favourite idol’s hand and vice versa.

 

“Are they gone yet?” Renjun’s voice asked the model, accompanied by a few heavy breaths from all the running the two did to lose the crowd. Right now, the two were in a small hotel lobby and near the guest couches by the windows.

“I think so,” [Name] replied, barely registering the other hand that was in theirs.

“Well, what a way to spend your first hang out with an idol…I love running away for my life,” [Name] sarcastically said, smiling brightly when they heard the other laugh wholeheartedly.

“Yeah…I could say the same with meeting a solo model,” Renjun replied and they both started laughing again.

 

For the rest of the day, the two decided to not try and attract unwanted attention to themselves. Hiding behind doors, looking down when someone stared at them and even going as far as to holding up a book in the bookstore to cover their faces ([Name] would never admit that they liked the hush whispers that were exchanged between them or the fact that Renjun’s cologne made their mind go into overdrive). 

 

~ ~ ~

 

“You know what’s funny?”

“What, Jisung?”

“Those two haven’t stopped holding hands yet…”

“Oh? Oh. Ge is finally getting a girlfriend!”

“Chenle…are you…are you crying?”

“But I thought he was going to die alone!”

“Chenle…that’s a bit too much…”

You weren’t the one dealing with his whines half the time, Jisung Park!”