Prologue

Meetings (Renjun x Reader)

The sound of the alarm broke the eardrums of the poor model who was previously sleeping peacefully on their bed. Slowly raising their arm, the model slammed their hand down on the alarm while blowing hair out of their face. As if on cue, vibrations from their phone underneath the pillow caused them to actually move and check what was so important. The message only caused the model to groan. However, the older texts (the ones sent two hours ago) and the past instagram notifications was all it took for a lazy smile to appear on the face of the model. 

 

(10:43) Text from EVILAFMANAGER:

Reminding you that you have that modelling schedule with the Miracle magazine. Don't be late. 

 

(8:53) Text from EyeSmile^_^:

So here is ur reminder

 

(8:52) Text from EyeSmile^_^: 

U asked me 2 remind u of the gig with Mcl

 

(8:31) Instagram:

@moominjun has a new post! - Just chilling with Jeno...

 

(7:28) Instagram:

@moominjun (new message) - Morning~ Don't be late to that modelling thing with Miracle!!!

 

Squealing, the model opened up the last notification that was on their phone - a message from him. Their friend and also the person that they secretly liked in a non-platonic sense. 

 

Chat - Renjunniee (@moominjun)

 

Renjunniee

Morning~ Don't be late to that modelling thing with Miracle!!!

 

[Instagram Name]

Thanks for reminding me moomin!!

 

[Instagram Name]

Although, I think I'm still going to be late...

 

Sighing, the model known as [Name] dragged themselves out of their bed and practically forced themselves to have a shower. It wasn't the best experience but [Name] found some satisfaction from wearing comfortable jeans and an oversized shirt that showed off their lean figure. After all, the modelling schedule for the slowly rising magazine wasn't until around 11. They could take all the time they wanted-

 

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME UP

 

Or maybe not.

 

Without even glancing down at the caller ID, [Name] answered the call.

 

"Where are you?" The voice of their manager began to invade their sanity. 

"I'm still at home." Cool answers were always vague answers.

"You're meant to be here now! I knew I never should have left the house early because you said you were going to make it on time!"

"Chill, it isn't until 11."

 

A beat of silence.

 

"Check the time and then get your here." Were the final words of [Name]'s manager as they checked the time. 

 

Rubbing their eyes, they checked again.

 

And again.

 

Just how long was their shower?!?!?! 

 

Knowing the only person who could get them to the place they needed to be at, [Name] called up their childhood friend: Lee Jeno. After the third ring, he answered and [Name] was almost out of breath from stuffing all of the snacks and gifts that were going to be accompanied with an apology to the whole staff who were going to be working with their sorry later.

"Yo, what's up?"

"I need a ride to the Miracle headquarters. Please drop me off."

"Hmm....depends on what's in it for me."

"Alright, what do you want?"

"For you to buy me a student ticket to a movie that I want to see."

 

The model paused their frantic packing in disbelief to their childhood friend's request.

 

"That's it?"

"Well, I do want to see a movie with the student price..."

"Ok! Ok! Fine! I'll get you a stupid movie ticket!"

"Sweet! I'll pick you up in ten minutes!"

"Hurry! I'm already twenty minutes late!"

 

~ ~ ~

 

"You know you two can go back to your dorm, right?" [Name] asked the blonde haired male and the black haired male beside her.

"It's alright, I'll give you a lift back." Mark said as he chuckled at your unsure expression. 

"Thanks for bringing me here, by the way. You're a legend!" [Name] thanked the black haired male sincerely while giving their trademark smile.

"What about me?"

"What about you, Jeno? You're not the one who drove me here."

"But I told Mark-hyung to drive you here!"

"But you weren't behind the wheel."

 

"[Name]!"

"Coming!"

 

Smirking at Jeno, [Name] made their way to finish their shoot for the magazine and unaware of what Jeno and his hyung were up to.

 

~ ~ ~

 

Chat - Injun (@moominjun)

 

Jenuuuu

So...when r u gonna meet [Name]?

 

Injun

Jeno, we've had this convo before. 

 

Injun

I'm not going to meet [Name] irl

 

Jenuuuu

YYYY???

 

Jenuuuu

They're a huge fan!!!

 

Injun

That doesn't matter.

 

Injun

You know [Name] is like my ideal type

 

Jenuuuu

i still think that u 2 should meet

 

Injun

Jeno, the online chats are enough

 

Injun

Jeno?

 

Injun

Jeno!

 

Injun

JENO

 

Injun

JENO NO

 

Injun

NO

 

Jenuuuu

Too late ;)

 

"You know he's not going to like your idea, right?" Mark told Jeno after he unveiled his foolproof plan on how to get the two to meet. It was brilliant and it was not going to fail. 

"Hey, guys! The shoot is over! I'll be there in a few minutes after I change into my clothes, alright?" [Name]'s voice reached the two along with their trademark smile. Both idols nodded at the other and turned back to their own conversation.

"It's alright, I know these two will be fine." Jeno reassured his hyung, ignoring the eye roll that replied to his statement.

"Neither of them will not like this idea. You're practically matchmaking them!" Mark protested, not wanting either party to get hurt or to get mad at Jeno due to the fact that this plan could either float gracefully....or sink and never be found again.

"Look, hyung - what's better than meeting your ideal type and number one perfect celebrity in your eyes?" Not amused, Mark shook his head.

"Jaemin and Donghyuck are rubbing off on you. And also, that may be Renjun's side on this but what about [Name]'s?"

"Those two are just stupid and [Name] likes Renjun too!"

"Yeah, as a fan."

"So? Is there such a difference between an idol pining over a model and a model having twenty five pictures of the same idol?"

 

After that remark, Mark didn't say anything else since it was practically futile to convince his younger bandmate that this was a terrible idea.