Final

Close Your Eyes, It's me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun loves Valentine’s Day.

 

 

It is simply his favourite day of the year. The best part of it is he gets to spend the whole day with the love of his life.

 

Kim Junmyeon is that person.

 

Sehun flutters his eyes open. It is the Sun’s turn to do its job in making the room visible instead of their floor lamp. Just as he was about to close his eyes back to sleep, he feels something holding him in place by his waist. Little by little, he pulls the comforter off him and what comes into his view is a brunet, nestling his face into his bare stomach.

 

When did he get on his bed?

 

Sehun breaks into a fond grin.

 

This is the man..

 

The only man that would make his heart races with a simple gesture. The man he loves all his heart.

There are snores coming out from the older and Sehun can’t help but chuckle at this sight. Gently, so that he won’t wake the latter up, he plants a soft kiss on Junmyeon’s head. His lips linger, inhaling the fruity smell of Junmyeon’s shampoo while caressing the smooth skin of the latter’s exposed shoulder.

He loves morning like this. Sehun just couldn’t get enough.

Carefully, he stretches his arms over the nightstand to grab his camera. Even when Junmyeon is sleeping with his mouth slightly open, he looks effortlessly beautiful that Sehun couldn’t resist capturing the moment.

Funny. Because in Sehun’s camera, there are countless pictures of Junmyeon.

 

Maybe because he is in love.

 

Junmyeon is always his favourite model. Even though Junmyeon is a well-known model, but the best pictures he took are always when Junmyeon has his guard down. When Junmyeon doesn’t even need to pose. He is beautiful just like that.

The sound of camera clicking and flashing fails to hide his subtlety (like always). Junmyeon ended up whining to stop, burying his face completely on Sehun’s stomach. The younger laughs softly and eventually put his camera aside. It doesn’t help really because Junmyeon is already awake and hardly to go back to sleep.

“Why are you up so early?” the brunet mumbles sleepily.

Sehun can feel the latter’s lip brushing on his skin. That’s the best part of cuddling with Junmyeon. Sehun wouldn’t trade anything for their exchanges of skinships. Even though he doesn’t get it often.

“It’s Valentine’s Day, remember? You love waking up early on Valentine’s.”

“Hmmm.” Junmyeon yawns, scratching his head. “I miss waking up to you.” He continues while detaching himself from Sehun to sit up.

Sehun could only stare at the elder’s adorableness as both of his hands go to pinch Junmyeon’s cheeks. “I know, babe.”

They stayed on their bed for a little longer. Both of them fall into a comfortable silence. It is nothing new for them to listen to the rhythm of their breathing. Junmyeon plays with his long slender fingers, fitting their hands together. Sehun genuinely believed that their hands are made for each other. With the amount of pictures he took of their hands, he could easily make an entire photo album for it.

Bringing their clasp hands together, Sehun tenderly kiss Junmyeon’s fingers. One by one. And each kiss, his eyes never left the smaller.

 

 

Since Junmyeon still has time before going to work, he decides it’s time for them to get out of bed. Sehun was the one who climbed down the bed first. When Junmyeon is about to tidy their bed, he feels a strong hand pulling him and in a matter of seconds, Sehun has him over his shoulders.

“Oh my God! Put me down!” the older squeaks.

Shaking his head, Sehun ignores his protest and heads out the room.

It is a scary view for Junmyeon to be hanging upside down but he can’t help but lets out a giggle. Sehun brings them to the kitchen and eventually he puts Junmyeon down on the countertop. “It’s my turn to cook for you.” Sehun declares.

“Will I get a heart-shape pancake or what?” Junmyeon teases while his hand goes to brush Sehun’s hair. The fingers start to massage his scalp and Sehun hums, enjoying every bits of it. His eyes close as he leans into Junmyeon’s touch.

Junmyeon’s touch is intoxicating. Not necessarily in a ual way. It’s just that Junmyeon is so warm at all times. Sehun has always been the cold type. Together, they make the perfect combination.

After some time, Sehun leans away and pulls his phone out. “Since it’s Valentine’s, let’s play some music, shall we?”

Junmyeon nods before opening his arms wide, indicating a hug. After putting on the classic Unchained Melody by The Righteous Brothers, Sehun puts his phone down then dive into Junmyeon’s embrace.

Sehun holds him especially tight, lips moving against Junmyeon’s shoulder to carve the words that Sehun has always been sure of.

“I love you, Junmyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Can we please go out?”

Junmyeon could no longer resist the urge to go out. It’s Valentine’s Day! Aren’t couples supposed to be out on a date? And here yet, they are sitting in the living room of their shared apartment, doing absolutely nothing. Sehun tries to stay unbothered as he flips onto the next page of his magazine. “I told you, I made plans for us in the evening. You just need to be patient.”

For Sehun, it’s hard to not pay attention to Junmyeon. Especially when he is wearing his oversize t-shirt and only shorts that are hardly visible. Sehun is fighting the urge to grab his camera and take a picture.

Junmyeon rolls his eyes. “Why in the evening? Why can’t we go out now?”

“I don’t want the media to follow us, baby.” The older blushes and immediately his whining put to a stop. Skipping, he makes his way from the window to sit on Sehun’s lap, legs hanging over the armrest while he pulls Sehun’s hand to circle his waist. Sehun could only scoff at the elder’s clinginess but really he enjoys it.

The things Junmyeon does to Sehun. He likes it having to hold Junmyeon so close. It all means he can feel Junmeyon’s warmth radiating and he gets an exclusive close up look of Junmyeon’s face. God, he wishes his eyes could capture Junmyeon’s beauty and store it forever in his mind.

On a second thought, that doesn’t seem impossible. Instead, he will not only engrave it in his mind, but he will keep it deep in his heart.

“But Ahreum noona said I have no schedules today.” Junmyeon removes the magazine from Sehun’s grasp and interlace their fingers together. “You know how I barely have a day off” he pouts.

“Should we do something fun, then?” Sehun suggests.

Junmyeon was about to exclaim before Sehun interferes. “Except for going out.”

The excitement in Junmyeon’s eyes immediately washes away as he crosses his arms and sulks.

Finally, Sehun motions Junmyeon to stand up which the latter confusedly does so. Taking hold of his phone, he goes to find a particular song on his playlist. Just a few seconds into the song and Junmyeon immediately recognize the tune.

“River Flows in You? How cliché.”

Ignoring the other’s remark, Sehun takes both of Suho’s arms to wrap it around his shoulders. Junmyeon knows what Sehun wants to do. It’s just like in the movie where the couple romantically dances under the chandelier. Well, minus the gracefulness and the chandelier.

Junmyeon scoffs. Sehun is really a living cliché. But all this cheesiness is making both of them embarrass.

However, thanks to Junmyeon’s bubbly personality, the older mischievously places both of his feet on Sehun’s. The taller was bemused for a second but soon wrap his long limbs around Junmyeon’s body. To think, it’s not really all romantic because Junmyeon isn’t exactly as light as feather and he is stepping on Sehun’s feet for God sake.

Who invented this move and called it romantic anyways? Because the image of them right now doesn’t look the slightest romantic, but rather silly.

However, the one thing that Sehun benefits from this is to feel Junmyeon’s heartbeat against his chest. There’s no better beat than the sound of Junmyeon’s heart.

Lightly, Sehun pecks Junmyeon’s forehead. He sighs in contentment before closing his eyes. As he brings their forehead together, he whispers softly, their lips almost brushing with each other.

“I really love you, Kim Junmyeon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eventually, Sehun couldn’t resist giving in to Junmyeon’s temptation. Just like always, Junmyeon has him wrapped around his fingers.

They arrive at a building which Junmyeon can decipher as an art gallery where there are people gathering around a painting, or merely photographs of people, objects and landscapes.

Junmyeon is the excited one, pulling Sehun around the building. The younger didn’t mind really because Sehun is one to appreciate art thoroughly. He is a photographer. Thus, he makes art in the simplest way which is capturing it through the lens. Yet, it is also challenging which makes it interesting for Sehun.

 

 

 

“…..Yeap I don’t understand.” Junmyeon exasperates after 60 seconds of staring into a plain canvas that only has a few of paint. “Isn’t this a scam?”

“I’m pretty sure there’s a deep explanation.” Sehun shrugs. If a piece ends up in an art gallery, it probably took a lot of effort from the artist. Though some of the painting doesn’t look so but what does Sehun knows? He is nowhere near an art major.

“Well, I think it is a scam.” Junmyeon says faintly. He is sensible enough to keep his voice hushed thinking what if the artist is actually at a close proximity. It’s not like they even have a clue on what the artist looks like. “Anyways, we should bring your brother here. I think your brother would appreciate all these paintings or whatever.”

“My brother?” Sehun asks, earning a nod from Junmyeon.

Well, that’s kind of true.

Glancing back at the painting, he tries to hide the smile that is fighting to form on his face.

 

Truthfully, Sehun brought Junmyeon here is because of one reason. He knew Junmyeon doesn’t really care much about paintings or the history of it. If it weren’t for his work being displayed at an exhibition, he would’ve brought Junmyeon to a more kid-friendly place like the amusement park for a date.

They enter a hall where there are photographs instead of paintings on the wall and Junmyeon gasps. He went from a picture to another, excitedly making comments on each picture. Thankfully, most of the comments are positive. But there were some where Junmyeon weren’t amused, stating something like ‘Why is the picture like that?’

He did a fair job to conceal his nervousness in front of his lover. Otherwise, Junmyeon would’ve questioned about it but the latter is too caught up with being amazed by the pictures. Sehun feels like he could breathe again looking at Junmyeon’s bright smile.

It’s a great moment for Sehun. The two precious things that he dear for life; his work and the person he loves, together in one frame.

“Hey, I know this place!” Junmyeon points to the picture of an old lady situated by a lake, a blanket draped around her. “We’ve been there before, right?!”

Looking at what Junmyeon is pointing, Sehun chuckles.

Of course they’ve been there before. That’s the place where they first met. The memories are still fresh in his mind. How he saw an angel excitedly taking a picture of himself by the lake. Sehun knows the first time he had laid eyes on Junmyeon, he was already whipped.

“Yes, we have. And did you know? The photographer who took that picture said this is the place where he first met his lover.”

Junmyeon stares at him, puzzled. “The photographer told you that? Is he your friend?”

 “Uhh…” the taller stutters trying to not giveaway that he is in fact the photographer. “It’s actually written in the pamphlet that I saw just now. Yeah.” he attempts to cover up.

The older looked at him weirdly before casting his eyes back at the picture, nodding. “Hmm that’s possible. I mean Liuhua Lake Park could be a place for matchmaking, don’t you think?”

Heaving a sigh, Sehun knows Junmyeon doesn’t remember their first encounter. It’s fine, he thinks. Sehun can do all the remembering. As long as Junmyeon stays by his side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“In 3…2…1…Tadaa!”

Sehun removes both of his hand that was covering Junmyeon’s eyes.

Junmyeon took a few seconds to scan where he is before squeaking in glee. He couldn’t hold his excitement as he proceeds to hopping nonstop. It’s a hilarious sight to Sehun. But it’s also a heartwarming sight. He knows Junmyeon would love his surprise.

Here they are, in a café that obviously smells a lot like coffee. However, it isn’t a normal café. Similar to the café where there are cats loitering around, but this time, instead of cats, they are surrounded by rabbits. Small, fluffy rabbits.

There are tears threatening to fall as Junmyeon jumps on Sehun to give him a one big tight hug. He couldn’t fathom whether this is a dream or reality.

With a dash, he goes to pick one of the rabbits and coos. Not a moment later, he picks another then bringing his face to nuzzle with the said animal.

It’s not really easy to find this place. There is abundance of cat cafés all over the world. But only a few of rabbit cafés. And Junmyeon has always been a rabbit person more than a cat person, Sehun knows this. To that reason, he searched for any café that will fulfill his lover’s happiness.

“They are beautiful. Oh my, my children!” Junmyeon cries as he runs to the other side of the room to see more rabbits.

“Calm down, babe. You have all the time you need. Why don’t we order something to drink first?”

The older pouts as he is being dragged by Sehun to the counter. They ordered their drinks and while waiting, Junmyeon took massive amount of pictures. Sehun wouldn’t doubt that the pictures of the rabbits would overpower the amount of Sehun’s pictures in Junmyeon’s phone.

As they take their seat, Junmyeon squeals at the coffee art that is in a shape of a bunny. Again, he takes out his phone, not letting the art go without taking a photo.

Sehun’s Valentines surprise is a success! The smile on Junmyeon’s face adduce that everything was worth doing. From the melodious laughter of Junmyeon to his bright smile that would put the Sun to shame, all of that will remain in his mind for long enough.

They fall into a comfortable conversation. Talking about the bunnies, their friend Luhan’s new movie and even debating which coffee taste better. Everything was light-hearted until Junmyeon brought up the topic of work.

“The agency keeps on pushing me doing CFs and honestly it is exhausting.” Junmyeon complains.

“I thought you love doing commercials?”

“Well, yes. I did. I mean I still do. But the company keeps on pairing me with that rookie model. People are starting to ship the both of us.”

Instead of feeling jealous like he is supposed to, Sehun couldn’t help but cackle. His lover looks so displeased and usually that expression accompanies with Junmyeon scrunching his nose which makes him look funny.

Hearing Sehun’s laughter, Junmyeon glares at his boyfriend. “You’re not supposed to laugh!” That being said only makes Sehun doubled in laughter. Junmyeon wanted to protest even more but decides that he’s too annoyed to do so. “Okay, that’s it. I’m leaving your .”

“Oh come on, Junmyeon. I was just kidding.”

 

“Fine.” Junmyeon’s huffs loudly. “Anyways, how’s work in Guangzhou? It must be hard to survive in the business world. You should take a break more often.”

Something in Sehun stills for a moment. The question is rather simple but to Sehun, it’s a wakeup call. He said nothing.

His eyes wander on Junmyeon’s figure. The man is completely oblivious that he is being under Sehun’s gaze. Many things are swirling in his head. He wanted to grab the elder’s hand and tells him that he doesn’t work in Guangzhou. He doesn’t own a company. Heck, he didn’t wear tailored business suits to work. He’s….. not what Junmyeon thinks he is.

Mustering up a smile, Sehun can be quite illusory in front of Junmyeon. “Work’s fine. Same old thing.” he lied.

“Really? Should I be worried?”

“Not really. Well, I’m here, right? I even got the time to prepare this surprise.”

With the last statement, Junmyeon seems to think it is reasonable enough to not question further.

Just in a blink of an eye, it’s almost 8 and the Sun is no longer towering the city. Sehun didn’t keep track of the time and neither did Junmyeon. So when they realize the darkness outside, Junmyeon immediately stands up to say goodbye to the bunnies.

Sehun thinks it’s hilarious how Junmyeon adores rabbits or bunnies so much. Actually, the pretty boy didn’t at first. It started when his fans called him a bunny. And since then, he had declared he was the king of bunnies or something similar to that.

The sight of Junmyeon talking with them in a high voice is supposedly ridiculous. But to Sehun, it just adds another reason to love Kim Junmyeon.

 

Junmyeon jumps a little when he feels Sehun’s hand on his hips. It could be a normal gesture but Sehun’s chest is pressed on Junmyeon’s back and Junmyeon could feel the latter’s breath on his nape.

The thumbs on his hips start to caress him slowly through his sweater. The way it is too slow, too sensual that Junmyeon knows this isn’t an innocent exchange of affection. Sehun could feel Junmyeon stiffens at the contact.

“Babe,” Junmyeon warns.

“Hmm?” the taller hums as he presses one then another peck on Junmyeon’s neck. His hand pulling Junmyeon closer even though there are no spaces left between them.

Thank the Heavens that they are not visible to any other customers. Soon, the pecks on his neck turn into wet kisses as Sehun's lips trail upwards to his jaw. Biting his lip to surpass any noise, Junmyeon cranes his neck to the side to provide more access. In his mind there's a battle of having delicious lips on him or to not get caught making an scene.

The lips on his jaw are gone and Junmyeon didn’t realize he had his eyes closed until he felt the need to stare at the younger's face. It feels like the time became still as he is lost in the latter’s eyes. Lightly, Sehun bumps their nose together.

He’s waiting. Sehun is waiting for Junmyeon to close the gap.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter