Of Fighters and Victors

Human
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Monsters exist, but they are too few in number to be truly dangerous. More dangerous are the common men, the functionaries ready to believe and to act without asking questions.”

 

Tinn adjusted to life in warrior camp quite well over the first few days. She met her teammates and friends with most of them quite easily. The boys that taunted the girl- Katana, Tinn reminded herself, were Xiumin, Kai, and Lay. They weren’t usually taunting, Tinn found out, especially after Xiumin almost had his neck slit, which is usually a pretty humbling experience.

Lay had come with a brother a year older, named Amos, who, rather than be a warrior, wanted to be a doctor when he was older. Lay obviously didn’t want to be the “goody-two-shoes” Amos was, but Tinn noticed the younger still followed the elder everywhere.

Kris took an instant liking to the boys by the names of Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Suho, and Sehun, for various reasons. Later, the rest of the boys in their group joined, already regarding Kris as a leader figure. Tinn made friends with these boys, mostly through her connection to Kris.

She also made friends with a few of the girls through necessity- after all, she had to sleep in the same room as them. She only really got close to two of them; however, the rest of the girls were disinterested in Tinn. The two that she got to know were named Jessica and Echolyn.  Jessica was quirky and preferred animals over people, while Echolyn was helpful and kind.

The only person in the group that Tinn hardly saw was the mysterious girl. She would leave in the morning before any of the other girls woke up and come back at night after they’d all gone to sleep. Tinn would only see her during their rare group exercises. The trainers said they wanted the students to practice with each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter