His Style

His Style

It was midnight.

The chilling Autumn wind in Seoul had Baek Hyun tuck his hands in his tailored black hoodie as he waits for the arrival of his driver to pick him up from his apartment.

He did not have the money to get himself a car nor book a cab -  much to his job's dismay, a job he has passion in but doesn't pay well.

If not for someone, he would not be outside his house in this cold weather, waiting with his backpack. 

The only reason he agreed to attend the reunion was because his old classmate, who lives at the same district with him, opted to drive him to Yuseong-Gu, the city where they would spend a short weekend vacation for hot springs at this time of the year.

 

Something seemed to pass by Baek Hyun's side eyes and he looks up to see a white Audi without its headlights on, coming to a stop in front of him. 

The engine quietens and its window winds down.

Baek Hyun sees his the familiar face of his old classmate from high school, Park Chan Yeol.

----

It was going to be quite a drive, taking about at least 2 hours to reach. 

In the car, Baek Hyun recalls recently from a friend that Chan Yeol is already a well-known Fashion Coordinator at a world reknown company. Travelling in and out of country as often as 8 times a month. It was no wonder he never bumps into him despite living in the same district.

Chan Yeol himself had many projects to vet before he could leave work to prepare for this trip, thus picking Baek Hyun at such an hour. Good thing is, Baek Hyun is a night owl so he doesn't mind heading over this late.

It didn't matter what time Chan Yeol came actually, Baek Hyun just wanted to be in the same space with him.
He glanced at the rearview mirror, seeing his driver focused on the road ahead.
It's unfair the road is getting the driver's attention more than Baek Hyun is going to get.

Baek Hyun's eyes popped upon realizing what he was just thinking.

So...he's jealous of the road now?

He agreed to Chan Yeol's request to drive him in the first place, so keep up the responsibility of your own choices Baek Hyun! Don't snap because he isn't paying attention to you!

By now, Baek Hyun tells himself that nothing would progress between them. Things will only go round and round each time and Baek Hyun would get frustrated if that happens again. By that, it means when they start talking.

 

He processed how much this man had grown. Looking through the rearview mirror, Chan Yeol now has that famous actor, Choi Si Won's daydream look in his eyes. If only, that pair of eyes could look pass Baek Hyun's big round spectacles, a classic thing that Chan Yeol supposedly likes...

It had been a while since he heard anything about Chan Yeol. The last time was when Baek Hyun met up with an old classmate, to catch up with each other's life and ocassionally mention what their other classmates are doing.

"Chan Yeol? Hhahaha. I've recently heard something interesting about him. You wanna know what that big fashion coordinator is looking for from his future wife?"

Baek Hyun shook his head, but is curious to know.

"Three classic things. The first, is big round spectacles."

Baek Hyun pushes the glasses he would never wear in his life otherwise as he steered his gaze away from the rearview mirror to break off staring like that. Their eyes might meet any time for all he might start fidgeting unconsciously if that happens.

 

He recalled how much of a fashionista both of them were in University.
They were the icons of the school, dressing up like models walking an invisible runway everywhere.

Dressed up or dressed down, they were the walking fashion inspiration for all fashion designer students in the University, and sometimes even other courses' students.

Baek Hyun cast a short glance at the rearview mirror again.

If he hadn't noticed in the dark, it was hard to see that Chan Yeol is wearing a slicked back dark purple hairstyle with a long black Autumn coat. Big coats seemed to be his permanent style, and purple hair? Baek Hyun suppressed a chuckle, that was quite the change of color.

Baek Hyun thinks of his own outfit in the car, he wasn't as rebellious with fashion compared to University days. With his good boy faith now, he's only concerned with simple tight black jeans. Different from his previously crazy colored styles.

 

The car stopped at the junction and Chan Yeol's eyes falls on the rearview mirror, Baek Hyun immediately turned his eyes away from it, cupping his mouth as he looked out of the window beisde him.

There was a strong sense of uncomfortable feeling like he was being closely watched by Chan Yeol for some reason. Gazes poking every corner of Baek Hyun's sides, provoking him to return a look back to Chan Yeol.

Slowly, he realised the traffic light was green. Drifting his gaze to the side mirrors, there were no cars behind and their car should move but it isn't.

Suddenly, Baek Hyun hears a muffled sound beside him. He lets his guard off and turned to see Chan Yeol taking off his black coat. Indeed, it's getting warmer inside, and Chan Yeol had the cooler to maximum for some reason. 

Ah, it was nothing.

Baek Hyun dropped his eyes back on the empty streets outside, a few distance away before they reach the expressway.

Lines of dim lights reflected down the long street when he hears Chan Yeol starting to push the gear lever and the car starts moving.

Perhaps it was also a start for Baek Hyun, "I heard you've got yourself a girlfriend?"

This conversation will make a round again, but he was surprised he spoke.

"What you've heard is true." He replies, eyes still fixed on the road. "But I can't stop thinking about you."

Baek Hyun huffed in despise. "I've been there a few times, too."

And there was no reply anymore, but Chan Yeol's eyes now had that Choi Si Won frown in his eyes that Baek Hyun frustratedly wished could notice him adjusting his black mouth mask, another classic thing that he likes.

 

After a while, Baek Hyun raised his eyes to the rearview mirror again.

After taking off his coat, Baek Hyun realized he has buff arms now. It reminded Baek Hyun of Chan Yeol's recent Instagram post that he already had a 6 pack underneath that black t-shirt. Baek Hyun suppressed his inner good boy hopefulness to see it physically, putting his hands in his tailored black jacket pocket again, hiding that desire.

The period when Baek Hyun stopped his crazy styles was because he wanted to leave Chan Yeol's foot prints out of reach for himself. He used to dress in crazy colors to get Chan Yeol's attention, so that even in the deepest of crowds, he would be able to greet him. Chan Yeol himself was tall enough and his unique aura by default catches Baek Hyun's attention.

Baek Hyun turns back to the window.
How long more before they reach their destination?
How many rounds were they going to make?

Even if he had given up on fashion to stop letting Chan Yeol find him, the lignering feelings still bothered his heart.

----

Chan Yeol looked towards Baek Hyun.
He turns down the cooler, only to hear soft breaths from him, Baek Hyun's head leaning against the window. It reminded Chan Yeol of that one model he worked with in the past, Baek hyun had that Jung Kook's sleeping face.

Stopping at another junction, he wanted to check something. Not his coat, those were because he was getting warm. 
Regardless, it was a good chance to take now.

A long time ago, he told his old friend that he'd like to look for 3 classic things in his type.
The first was a big round spectacles. These magical glasses always seem to make girls look vulnerable. He'd like to cheekily take off her spectacles, seeing her confused, trying to get her spectacles back, and Chan Yeol would prefer to take her hand to guide her around, teasing how much he is the only thing she needs to see. He'd like to lead her girl like that.

The second was a black mouth mask. It conceals a mysterious aura that provokes Chan Yeol's curiosity. What is hiding behind that mask, what kind of face does the girl have? Beneath a mask of words, how are you truly feeling inside? Chan Yeol wanted to know, especially what "I've been there a few times, too." means.

Now, there was one last one.
And Chan Yeol was going to check right now on Baek Hyun because...
Strangely, he had the first 2 accessories in check tonight.

Baek Hyun was someone he...

Chan Yeol leaves his hands off the wheel.

Baek Hyun wasn't the crazy colored fashion person anymore which made it difficult for him to find in crowd, especially when Baek Hyun is dressed like any other ordinary civillian.

Why did he stop dressing up like the old times? Since when did he get so common, and black?

Though all and all, the real question beckons: Was the mask going to reveal something Chan Yeol was thinking?

He reaches for the hook around Baek Hyun's ears and takes it off.

 

Chan Yeol smirked.

He caught Baek Hyun.

They could spin a million rounds, but this time, they'd stop.

He pulled Baek Hyun's chin, waking the latter up in shock.
Closing his eyes, he pressed his own lips up against Baek Hyun's.

 

It was 2 shocks for Baek Hyun in one go.
Waking up with your chin pulled, and with Chan Yeol's lips...

Baek Hyun realizes his mouth mask dangling from one side of his ear.
He closed his eyes, embracing the warm plum lips he had wanted to feel for himself, from the very beginning.

Till their lips parted.

"I like you, Baek Hyun." Chan Yeol said.

Baek Hyun couldn't hold his chuckle now. He held Chan Yeol's chin, gently rubbing the smeared red taints on Chan Yeol's lips.

"I like you too, Chan Yeol."

To Chan Yeol, spectacles signified Baek Hyun's cuteness when he's lost and feels hopeless, yet still perserveres to fight. Mouth masks had always signified what Baek Hyun truly wanted to tell him, and what Chan Yeol wanted to confirm. And the last one?

Because it's so attractive.

-The end-

A/N: What was the last thing Chan Yeol looked for? Heheh.
#itsinthelyricstoo

Thanks for reading everyone!