CHAPTER TWO

When Fate Meets Destiny

The new married couple now lives together, the house and some of the properties have been given by CEO Kim; Heeyoung has decided to take a different room from Donghyun. Donghyun quite agrees on her decision. From that day, Heeyoung and Donghyun live under the same roof but the different room, according to the contract that Heeyoung and CEO Kim a week before the wedding. Every morning as usual Donghyun wakes up early in the morning and have a jog outside before the sunrise, meanwhile, Heeyoung still takes her nice sweet dream until the sun rises on her face. The couple makes their own things on their own… never bother about each other. During meal time, both of them prefer to eat their own meals. Heeyoung prefers to cook by her own meanwhile Donghyun, both cater and order his meals, every day. Once a while if Heeyoung was not there, he will take this opportunity to cook his own meal.

Heeyoung is the first year student of Myeongji University, she enters the university through the scholarship she has. She was taking major in Business Tourism & Hospitality. Her class was only every Tuesday until Friday, which it takes nine hours she needs to spend in the university than at home. Not only that, Donghyun also in the same university and he was Heeyoung's senior. He was taking major in Musical Science course in that university. However, Donghyun was not a full-time student like Heeyoung; he was a part-time student since he registered as a student in Myeongji University. In that case, he has more time at home than Heeyoung. Nevertheless, the requirement of the assignments, reports, thesis, or projects was all the same. Not more and not less.

Once in the evening, Heeyoung and Donghyun spend their time like a normal day. For the first time, Heeyoung prepares the evening's tea for Donghyun and herself. Both of them have their time together in the corner yard under the bright red big umbrella. They both sit together and enjoy their own time. Donghyun brings his book along with him while enjoying his tea time. No utterance between them.

Why do I have to prepare his tea? I shouldn't do it though, thought Heeyoung.

Donghyun gets up from his place, and farts in sudden. Immediately, Heeyoung gets up from her place, and close her nose—she curses and pushes him away. Heeyoung enters the house with pissed off on her face. Donghyun is giggling when he sees Heeyoung's reaction.

“I did not do it on purpose, I just fart… it is normal for human to fart,” whispered Donghyun. In sudden, the smell of his own fart overwhelming the places. The group of butterflies that just landed for its visit on the flower, flies away once they smell Donghyun's fart.

“It is not nice though,” said Donghyun, closed his own nose, and entering the house with his tea and book.

Their evening tea time had been spoiled by Donghyun his own. Ten minutes later, the weather is getting darker as it is going to be heavy rain on that place. Heeyoung runs outside to get her own clothes that hang outside. Same goes to Donghyun. However, the rain isn’t waiting for them. Both of them get really wet and half of their clothes wet, too. Either of them hangs their wet clothes either in the bathroom or in their own bedroom, they even on the ceiling fan and table fan (only in Heeyoung’s room) as its blows their wet clothes.

***

On the next day on the way to Myeongji University, Heeyoung walks to the bus stop to get the bus to the Myeongji University. Unlike the rest of the day, there’s not many people wait at the bus stop. The weather was fine the whole day—Heeyoung takes out her breakfast that she made this early morning before she off from the house, leaving Donghyun that still sleeping in his own room. Nearly 10 o'clock in the morning, Donghyun awakes from his long dream. His face looks very worried that morning, he sits on his bed for half an hour—thought of the dream he had. After half an hour, he gets up from his bed and looks around the house even in Heeyoung's room.

“Her stuff still in her room,” whispered Donghyun, wondering, “And why I'm worried about her suddenly?”

Donghyun goes to the kitchen, find a bottle of milk and few of instant foods that he bought a few days ago. But once he opens the fridge, there’s nothing left except a bottle of milk. He is wondering for a while. Then, he saw a small and cute note on the upper fridge's door. He reads it.

There’s a breakfast that I prepared on the dining table, please enjoys it while it is still ‘warm’ if you wake up early. For your concern, please DO NOT buy such unhealthy instant food and nearly EXPIRED. Please CONSIDER your HEALTH.

“EXPIRED?!!!!” cried Donghyun looked his instant foods in the rubbish bin.

He opens the garbage bin behind the door and searches his expired food inside. Indeed, the date of the food almost hits the expired date. He sits on the floor, looking at the garbage bin for a long time. He doesn’t move a single centimeter from his original seat. Then, he looks at the dining table—he gets up and sits on the chair, still looking at the foods that Natalia prepared early in the morning. As he opens one by one the covers—he smiles, and his stomach begins to grumble when he smell the foods. He touches the side of the bowl and the plate, it’s still warm.

“The best breakfast ever!” said Donghyun looked happier. But, he is still wondering why Heeyoung concerns about him—some more both of them just knowing each other through their own parents. “She’s not as bad as I thought, though. Yeah, she’s not as pretty as most of the Korean celebrities… I think I still consider about her generosity.”

Donghyun really enjoys his breakfast that prepared by Heeyoung that morning; he applauses and appreciates the breakfast he ate that morning so much.