Twice

Soully, Yours

   “Hey, Amber?... babe?” I heard you knock on my home offices door.

   I flinched, shocked hearing the endearment that I’ve gotten used to. I felt my right eye almost twitch at the word, because it almost sounded foreign to my ears.

   Must be the fact that it doesn’t feel endearing anymore.

   “yeah..?” almost sighing, I answered, finally looking up from my work table after hours of sketching and drowning myself with blueprints I need to work on- and also just an excuse to avoid having to stay in the same room as you.

   “Have you seen a black binder under the coffee table in the living room?” Irritation evident in your voice.

   “Aaah, I don’t know? I don’t think I did.” I honestly don’t remember if I did though.

   “Ugh! I need that for tomorrow’s meeting! You sure you haven’t seen it?” Your voice rising up a notch.

   “Look, I’ve already told you I didn’t okay? Maybe you misplaced it or something or whatever..” I pinched  the bridge of my nose, feeling the exhaustion.

   “This is the reason why I don’t want you touching my stuff whenever you’re cleaning!” you raised both of your hands mid air. Walking out of the room, obviously frustrated.

   Feeling offended, I stand up from my swivel chair and followed you into the kitchen.

   “Hey! It’s not my fault that you aren’t organized with your stuff!” I screamed at you, unintentionally. It just came out louder than I intended.

   Both hands on the edge of the kitchen table, you raised your head and glared at me.

   Unfazed by the intensity of your glare, I stood my ground.

   “I didn’t even ask you for it!” you shot right back with your index finger pointing at me.

   I just scoffed, turning around and walking back to my home office.

   “Since when did you even become ungrateful” I mumbled lowly to myself. But you heard it.

   “If you have something to say, say it to my face. Coward.” You spat clearly angered by my statement

   With frustration building up in me, I closed my eyes. Took a deep breath and I shake my head. We’re at it again. And before this escalate into another heated exchange of profanities. I turn around to face you and raised both of my hands in mock surrender.

   “You know what? I won’t do this with you. I don’t have time for this .” I really don’t.

   “yeah, walk away! That’s what you always do anyway!”.

   Letting out an exasperated sigh.

   “If you need some help with anything, you can just ask you know? No need for this.. this whatever this is…” I answer you flailing my hands in frustration.

   We’ve been like this for the past few weeks, and it’s exhausting. It’s annoying and it’s draining all of my energy, both of us actually. All these unnecessary fighting always leads to more complicated things and It’s not worth it. It’s just not worth it.

   Petty fights always leads us to aggressive shouting, broken glasses and excessive tears. And I’m always the one left to clean after. I just can’t with this anymore.