To Be Salvaged

Macabre Vines

 

Nana had been here for a third time. Third time in a month. She’s so tired she’s almost on breaking point. But she couldn’t do so because if she did, she would lose herself.

 

And somebody else too.

 

She didn’t mean for it to be like this. But sometimes, no matter what you do, life is just like that. She didn’t do anything wrong, she didn’t fall for someone else, she didn’t change… her feelings did. She swore she loved her before, and she could very much recall the feeling of being in love when they were together – true, and fresh at the back of her mind. But now, they’re just but memories.

 

“I really love you. I’m tired today, can we give this a rest?”

 

That was the first time, and Nana was tolerant, but the next day she was greeted with a shock from the hospital.

 

“I’m really tired of this. I told you umpteen times that I love you and only you, and there’s no one in my heart except for you. What can I do to make you trust me?”

 

That was the second.

 

“You’re a liar.” And that was what Nana got.

 

“I’m sorry, but I can’t take anymore of this. I suggest we…. break up.”

 

The third.

 

“Lizzy, please stop doing this to yourself.”

 

“Why should I? You don’t even love me anymore.”

 

“Look Lizzy, you need to see a doctor for your problem.”

 

“Problem? … What problem?”

 

“You know I don’t wish to make this too clear, but you’re unwell, Lizzy. For your own sake, please see a doctor.”

 

“And let you go? Never.”

 

“Lizzy please, take it that I’m begging you. Go see a doctor.”

 

“Nana, please don’t use that as an excuse to break up. You know it won’t work.” Lizzy smiled.

 

 

“We’re meant to be bound.”