I : Hearts

The White Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let's imagine that Gumiho Jin's palace was looked like this

.

.

“Nice to see you, eommonim.” Jin bowed his head. A very beautiful queen of Gumiho was sitting on the room gracefully. A gold crown adorned her white–haired head and jade earrings hanged on each her ears. Two red tomoes on her forehead were same like Jin’s. She wore a lavish white robe that was filled by golden embroidery and gold necklace on her neck.

“Come here, my son.” She said, smiled softly. Jin sat on the chair right in front of the queen. She had poured hot jasmine tea into two porcelain cups then gave a cup to Jin.

“Why do you call me here, eommnim? Is there something important?”

“Yes, it is. I wanna talk about your…mates.” She was wary with her words choice.

“Mate? Again?” Jin frowned. “You said you don’t wanna interfere, eommonim.”

“I know, but now it’s different,” she took her cup of tea and Jin followed his mother. “I’ve seen in my future vision last night. You will be having six mates, not only one mate. Six mates for you…”

“Cough!” Jin got choked, put down his cup on the table again. Maybe his ears was misheard or something. “Six mates? Don’t joke, eommonim.”

Jin shook his head. He couldn’t imagine it to have six mates in his life. Neither human nor demon, they loved him and worshipped him just because his power, his looks and his authority. They not loved him sincerely, not loved him as himself. They only wanted his power to shelter them, to depend on.

“Do you think I’m joking, my dear? You’re destined to have six mates in your life.” She said calmly. Jin couldn’t believe her forecast How could he was destined to have six mates? Why shouldn’t let him alone?

“I don’t want them. I refuse!”

“You cannot refuse them. They will come to your life.”

“I don’t want mates,” Jin insisted. “Just one mate had caused many problems in my life, how about the others? I’m still unforgiving what Yoongi did to me. He was my mate, and look what he had done to me, eommonim. He betrayed me! Humans and demons are same. They only see my power. They need my power to protect their life, protect their kingdom and many kind of stuff. They never love me, care for me or understand me even if it’s just a little thing. I can’t trust love, mate or anyone. I don’t care anymore.”

“I understand your feeling, Seokjin–ah.” she said in motherly tone. The queen put her hand over Jin’s and rubbed it gently. “I won’t get interfere your decision. I just want you be happy.”

“I am happy when I am by myself,”

“Your hyung also had said that to me before he found his five mates,”

“I‘m not like him, eommonim. I don’t like controlling someone’s heart like a puppet. I want they love me and care for me sincerely, not because of my power.” Jin said everything clearly to his mother. “But it seems like impossible. Human or demon have greediness and selfishness in their hearts, they don’t care of anything but themselves. I can’t find someone who loves me like I am the only one in their world or see me more precious than my sacred crystal.”

Jin stood up from his position, walked to the paper window and opened it. Beautiful scenery of big water–lily pond was surrounding the palace. Trees of weeping cherry were blossoming in the garden.

“I had thought Yoongi was my eternal mate, but I was wrong.” Jin said bitterly. The queen approached his son. She combed Jin’s white hair with her jade–ringed fingers dearly, smooth and lovely hair like hers. Jin loved it when his mother was combing his long hair like that. It calmed him down.

“You know if a thousand painters worked for a thousand years, they could not create a work of art as beautiful as you.” She said, smiled beautifully. “As your eommonim I wish the best of the best for you. I won’t let anyone to break your heart again, Seokjin–ah.”

“Thank you, eommonim.”

oOo

 

“You will be having six mates, not only one mate. Six mates for you…”

Jin hissed in pain, he was burning Yoongi’s mate mark, the red tomoe that was craved on his skin. The mark couldn’t be erased except he burnt his own skin. Jin grabbed his right hand. The pink light was glowing and healing his burn wound instantly.

“Six mates? That’s so ridiculous!” Jin remembered his mother’s words. He took a deep breathes. “I think eommonim has been wrong. Sometimes her forecast isn’t accurate. Yoongi is one of six mates who have been forecasted and there are still other five mates at somewhere else. Damn! Why should I deal with this?”

Jin was seeing his own palace on the other side of the big lake. His palace had set up on the lakeside and was glowing with golden lights of hundreds lantern in the dark night. Surface of lake looked like a giant mirror which was reflecting the palace perfectly. From the distant he saw someone was riding a giant snowy owl. They’re flying and rolling in the starry sky happily. Jin could recognize him from his cheerful voice that was Hoseok.

“Go there, Mina!” the white feathered owl spread out her wings, did maneuver in the air and flew over the lake. They kept playing like that for half hour. Mina landed on the lakeside and Hoseok jumped down from her back.

Hoseok invite the snowy owl to step into the water. He took a bit of water with both his hands and poured it to Mina’s wings. He rubbed the white feathers gently, cleaned it from some dirt. Hoseok talked and laughed to Mina while massaging her wings. Jin was watching them and didn’t realize that a blissful smile was formed on his handsome face.

Only watched Hoseok was treating Mina like that, caused Jin’s heart got warm. It’s just a little thing, but it’s so sincere and pure. He forgot everything had happened all his day, from deadly battle between two kingdoms, war and death, hatred and revenge, his reunion with Yoongi until the mate issue. Everything disappeared instantly from his head.

Jin appeared magically behind them. They didn’t realize his presence, even Mina that had a most sensitive hearing sense. Jin moved in a flash and stood behind Hoseok, both of his hands closed Hoseok’ eyes. He got startled and shout panicky.

“Who is this? Don’t play with me, Namjoon! Let me go!” Hoseok pulled Jin’s hands from his eyes. He got surprised after he had known who the person was. “Hyu–hyungnim. Ooh, that is you…”

“I’m so envy, both of you looks so happy.” Jin hugged Hoseok from behind.

“You’ve healed Mina, I should say thanks to you.” Hoseok smiled widely. “And your chicken ginseng soup was really nice.”

They walked back to the palace. Mina had turned into her normal size and perched on Jin’s left arm. The paper door was opened. Hoseok found his best friend, Namjoon was sleeping and leaning his head on the table. Jin couldn’t hold his smile when he was hearing Namjoon’s snoring sound. Mina perched on the table and pecked Namjoon’s cheek.

“He seems like so tired. Let him sleep.” Jin said, patted the younger’s shoulder.

“Jin, Jin–hyungnim…” Namjoon woke up suddenly, blinked his eyes in half sleepy.

“Ssttt, it’s okay. Just take a rest, Namjoon–ah...” Jin rubbed Namjoon’s black hair, he went to sleep again.

“You said that you wanna talk something important,” Hoseok took a seat next to Gumiho.

“Yeah, could you help me, Hoseok–ah?” Jin showed Jungkook’s pills and gave it to Hoseok. “I have a friend, he’s a Jeon clan. His name is Jeon Jungkook and he needs help to find a great physician to make pills like that.”

Hoseok was checking the dark brown pills carefully. He smelled it even tasted it with tip of his tongue. He smashed a pill with his finger to check what ingredients were contained in it.

“It’s Jeon pill, hyungnim. I have to find the right ingredients and need many times to create these pills. If I use a wrong ingredient, it will be poisonous and kill the user. It’s not easy, but I ever made it long time ago.” Hoseok explained. “Usually Jeon clan have their own physician?”

“Their senior physician was killed by their enemy.” Jin shook his head. “Jungkook told me that no one can replace their former physician as good as before. And he has a job to find a new physician to help their medicine supply.”

“Oh, I get it.” Hoseok nodded his head. “It’s special pill, hyungnim. Only a trusted and competent physician who can make it, not every physician can. They have to keep the secret for the clan.”

“And I count on you. I know you can do it.” Jin gripped Hoseok’s hand, smiled proudly. “And you’re a trusted one.”

“I will do my best, hyungnim.” Hoseok said and smiled nervously.

oOo

 

Jungkook was walking back and forth anxiously in his room, staring at opened windows. He wasn’t able to close his eyes, since he’d known that he was being in Gumiho Palace, Jin’s palace. How could he sleep without seeing the fox demon first? Jungkook fell in love with Jin since he had been fifteen years old.

He had watched all the scenes in the battlefield today. He had been seeing with his own eyes how Jin defeated and exterminated the seven–headed dragon. That’s so amazing. Jungkook was feeling in love over and over again towards Jin. He had been brought to this palace when he was unconscious. When he opened his eyes, all his wounds had been healed. Jungkook touched his left eye, it wasn’t stinging and bleeding again.

“Jungkook–ah… May I come in?” Jin’s voice called him. Jungkook quickly went back to his mattress again.

“Ji–jin hyung,” Jungkook made his voice little bit gruff and weak. He laid on his mattress again, blanketed his body. He tried controlling himself and pretending was being unwell. “Sure, come in.”

Jin opened the paper door and smiled sweetly, stepped inside and sat beside Jungkook’s mattress. He asked, “How do you feel now?”

“I’m quite fine,” Jungkook showed his weak smile. “But I’m happy, too. Because you’re here…” Jin just giggled then patted Jungkook’s shoulder gently.

“Tonight you have to take a rest and sleep well. Tomorrow morning you and Taehyung may go back to your world again.” Jin almost stood up before Jungkook had grabbed his hand. Jungkook didn’t want to let the white haired demon leave him again, so he should think a good reason in seconds.

“Don’t go! You promised me that we’ll talk again!” Jungkook complained. Jin shook his head, approached the windows and closed it. Jin couldn’t hide his smile while sat back beside Jungkook.

“I’m not going anywhere this time. Don’t worry,”

“I am unable to sleep right now. I still feel a pain.” A smart idea from Jungkook’s golden brain came up.

“Really?” Jin wided his golden eyes, worriedly. “Where is it?”

“It’s here,” Jungkook grabbed his chest, like there was something really pain there. “In my heart, it’s so painful, hyung. I don’t know what to do.”

“Are you alright?” Jin caressed Jungkook’s black hair. “Let me check it.”

Jin put his right hand on where Jungkook’s chest where the pain came from. His pink light was glowing from Jin’s palm. Jungkook held Jin’s hand to stay still, while his eyes were looking at the Gumiho’s fine face lovingly. His big round eyes was beaming when he felt warm sensations on his body.

“Is it better now?” Jin asked. But Jungkook shook his head instead. “It’s weird. My healing power usually works very well.”

“Hyung,” Jungkook took a deep sigh. “Truly my heart hurt because I’ve been in love with someone. I love him since I was fifteen years old.”

“Is it true?” Jin seemed so happy to hear that. “Who is the lucky person?”

Jungkook smiled and straight into the golden iris, then said, “He is the most beautiful and strongest demon whom I’ve ever seen in my life. He has white silvery hair, lovely eyes, cute fox ears and sweet smile. He’s before my sight now.”

Jungkook said it all in confident tone as a man. He wasn’t a cute annoying teenager boy like Jin had met before. Jungkook always said to himself to become more mature, tougher and daredevil man. He trained so hard everyday to improve his abilities, his power and his muscles. He wanted to be a great knight just like Taehyung. The young man had to prove to Jin that he was compatible for him.

Jin got quite for seconds, before he told, “Thank you, Jungkook–ah. You’re too sweet.”

Jungkook changed his innocent into serious manly face. Took Ji

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter