I : The Cat

The White Fox
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A giant and beautiful vermillion bird was trapped and caught by hundreds blue magical chains. She shot countless fire bullets towards her enemy, but it was deflected like nothing. The chains grabbed the bird’s neck and wings tightly then pulled down her body to the earth.

A long black–haired and eagle–winged figure watched the poor bird with satisfaction smirk on his face. He was floating in the air and flapping his dark brown wings. Both of his black–nailed hands moved and controlled the chains from a far. The chains twisted all over the bird’s body and lied down on the ground helpless. Long awful shrieks were heard all over the places.

“Oh, God! First, our kingdom magical protection barrier has been broken and now our vermillion bird has been defeated!” a red–headbanded warrior watched it in fear. “He–he’s very great demon!”

“They’ve done ally with the eagle demon! Tell to our king now!” other warriors said.

The eagle–winged figure made a sign to seal the vermillion bird and caused her unable to use her power again. A smug smile carved on his cold face. He flapped his wings behind his back flew away to the grey sky. His crimson eyes looked straight into the huge stone fence that surrounded the regions. There were many red flags with golden symbol of kingdom was drawn on it.

The huge main gate was guarding by hundreds red–headbanded warriors. They were alert with their each weapons. Their eyes were watching the flying demon warily. They were trained and tough warriors. They didn’t afraid of anything although their enemy was a strongest demon. However in the distance they saw their real enemy cavalry were coming closer to them.

oOo

 

“What did you say? I have to ask help from the fox demon?” King Park said, angrily. “It’s impossible! He’d helped my grandson, Jimin ran away from this palace!”

“We don’t have any choice, Your Highness.” The Prime Minister said in panicky. Our magical beast protector, the vermillion bird has been defeated and sealed. Our magical protection barrier has broken, so that Cheongryong warriors is infiltrating and attacking our capital city, Your Highness. Not only that. Cheongryong Empire has black orc troops by their side. They’re already killing our elite warriors, our common people and creating much damage, Your Highness.”

“Cheongryong Empire is allied with a powerful eagle demon. We must ask for help to Gumiho Prince, Your Highness.” One of minister added. “We must be allied with him.”

King Park rubbed his cold sweaty forehead, “But I don’t know how to summon the fox.”

Gumiho wasn’t an ordinary entity. He was a powerful and highest level demon. He had ability to destroy and also to heal, either demon or human. And he only made a deal once for a certain one. It’s not simple to summon and made a deal with him.

“Don’t worry, Your Highness. We’ve already prepared everything if something bad likes this happen.” His Prime Minister said.

“What are you waiting for? Summon the Gumiho Prince now!”

In limited and emergency times, the summoning ritual was done. They had used pure gold powder that they formed into large threefold tomoe symbol inside a circle on palace floor. Moreover they had to put nine pink water–lily flowers surrounded it. They should repel the summoning incantation from a sacred roll doubtlessly. And the tomoe symbol was shining magnificently that blinded the king and others.

“What? What’s happening?” King Park asked.

“He’s coming, Your Higness.”

The shines formed into a nine–tailed figure silhouette. The Gumiho Prince whom they really wanted his presence was standing in front of them. Everyone in the royal hall petrified. No one dared to move even to speak a word. King Park seemed like was freezing on his spot. There white lights which shaped alike the nine fox tails were wriggling behind his waist, captivating whoever stared it.

His long white silvery hair framed his beautiful face. His crooked fingers caressed his hair that hanged hip–length loosely. A pair of white fox ears on his head. Two red tomoe shaped a heart–like on his forehead. He stood elegantly in his royal snow white clothes with golden embroidery on it. Gold royal girdle encircled his slender waist which showed that he was a royal birth.

He kneeled down in a minute on the floor to pick a pink water–lily and held it on his right hand. His golden yellow eyes stared straight to everyone in the throne room, especially towards King Park. His rosy plump lips created an amused smile.

“Long time no see, Your Highness of Jujak King.” Gumiho Prince greeted politely.

“Welcome to my palace, Gumiho Prince.” King Park said, nervously.

“My name is Seokjin, Your Highness. But you can call me Prince Jin, too.” The white haired fox grinned. “I thought you hate me after Prince Jimin’s incident, Your Highness.”

“Forget about that. I’ve summoned you because my kingdom is in emergency issue right now.” King Park said impatiently.

“Oh, I get it. What do you want from me?”

“I need your help to protect my kingdom from Cheongryong Empire aggression.”

Jin shook his head gently and smirked, “Sorry, I don’t interfere with humans conflict and politic. You have excellent warriors and always win in the battlefield. So, what’s the matter?”

“Our enemies aren’t only Cheongryong warriors but also a powerful demon same like you, Prince Seokjin. Cheongryong Empire is allied with an eagle–winged demon that possessed wild black orc troops. The demon even has sealed our vermillion bird with his chains easily. My human warriors cannot win against monsters like that.”

“Eagle–winged demon? Hmm, I see.” Jin nodded his head, walked back and forth. Every pair of eyes looks at him in awe but also fear. “But my help isn’t cheap. I desire something most precious as my prize.”

“I’ll give you anything you want if you ready to protect my kingdom!” King Park convinced Jin.

“Alright, Your Highness.” Jin sat on the wooden chair before the king. “I just want Prince Jimin’s cat eye gemstones.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter