teaser 1.0

  together. ‹ apply open! ›  official deadline: tbd #tgthrapp

just a taste

reality just got a little bitter.

"I got the job in New York."

Joo's world has just been shattered, just like the ceramic mug that she had dropped from the news she'd just reveived. Her eyebrows furrowed near each other as she began to process this newly found information. Her eyes wandered everywhere, except into Seokjin's eyes.

"I don't think we can continue our relationship while I'm overseas." He proceeded with an explanation, reaching for Joo's hands.

She jerked her hands away, under reflex. "Yeah, long distance almost never works our anyway. Good luck with your internship, Seokjin." She grabbed her coat and those words were the last words Seokjin will ever hear from Joo for a long while. He regretfully watched her storm out of the cafe.

Joo boarded her car and slammed the door shut behind her. She rustled her fingers through her hair, in frustration. She tried to fight off the tears that she felt building up, blurring her sight. As they began falling, she punched the steering, more angry at herself for crying versus the fact that her boyfriend of 4 years just ended their relationship. When she accidentally hit the horn, she alarmed herself  and just rested her head against the wheel and sobbed.

In fact, Joo was happy for Seokjin. She was afraid to find it unfortunate that the time they spent together was all-for-not. Inside the cafe, Seokjin sat still. He could see Joo having a meltdown. He felt his heart yearning to go and comfort her, but he knew that would be worse than the break-up itself. He paid for the tab and went on his way, As he left the premises, he sent one last text message. 'You are an amazing woman, don't ever feel otherwise.'

Her phone vibrated; she ignored the notification and drove off.

 

When she arrived at her apartment, she dragged her feet to her couch. Her body limply fell onto the couch. Even as her phone goes off, she started off into nothing, in daydream.

"Knock, knock." Yoongi poked his head in the door, not a Joo in sight. "Hey, Joo! Juju...? Ah, this girl really left her door unlocked again?"

He entered her apartment and goes into the kitchen to grab a bottle of tea from her refrigerator. He headed toward the living room to sit and wait for Joo, only to suffer a slight .

"Joo." He pinched the bridge of his nose, speechless. "Why didn't you say anything when I came in?

"Huh? Oh, I didn't hear you." She sat up and immediately slumped to the backing of the couch.

"Ready for our lunch date? I hear the pl-"

"Yoongi, I'm pregnant." She interrupted Yoongi's itinerary reiteration.

His jaw dropped slightly, allowing some of his tea to escape from his lips.

"It's Jin's, but he will be leaving for New York in a coupls of weeks. I- I didn't want to tell him. I couldn't tell him." She leaned forward and buried her face in her hands.

Yoongi pulled Joo into his embrace without another word. No more words were spoken for the rest of the afternoon.

 
 

♡always, huaping