so perfect

perfect (illusion)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Donghyuck tried to say something but his throat was too dry to talk. He guessed the nurse, who he could see clearly now, understood it cause she poured some water in a glass and gave it to him hurriedly.

 

“How are you feeling? Do you remember anything? Holy I can’t believe you woke up! I gotta tell him!”

 

“Mark” he could only choke out but she got what he said anyway.

 

“Yes! mark! He had been waiting for you to wake up for so long! Oh dear god he cried every time he came here and he came here every day so he cried every single day. And he brang a rose for you every single day too cause he said red roses are your favorite flowers. He also played some songs for you every day, he said those are your favorite songs and “our favorite songs” is written on the CD. How sweet is that??? He loves you so much it made me cry once to be honest when he-”

 

The nurse was very sweet and all but donghyuck was kinda(really) getting tired of listening her, he just wanted to know where mark was.

 

“Where is ma-”

 

“D-donghyuck?”

 

He turned his head to where the familiar voice just came from and saw mark who was standing in front of the door, looking at him with wide eyes, hand holding tightly to one single rose in it.

 

“Mark?”

 

Donghyuck had never seen mark like that before in his entire life. There were dark circles under his eyes as if he didn’t sleep for days, he had lost so much weight and he looked like he didn’t smile for weeks maybe months.

 

“Donghyuck…”

 

Mark walked towards him slowly as if he walked a bit faster he would ruin everything then stopped in front of donghyuck and caressed his cheeks tenderly.

 

“Donghyuck” he sobbed out before leaning down to hug him. His tears were wetting the fabric of his patient dress and the sensitive skin of his neck, his hands were holding him so tightly and donghyuck was so confused but he still hugged back, hands wandering in his lover’s soft hair.

 

“Mark what’s going on? I don’t understand.”

 

“I missed you so much. Oh god I missed you so much.” Mark said, leaning back just to look at his face with his teary eyes, which made him cry even more, because he really really missed donghyuck so much…

 

“But we were together just last night. And why am I even here? Something happened?”

 

Mark looked at him with worried eyes, fearing from scaring him off and said “Donghyuck, baby…you were in coma for two years.” softly before sitting down on the bed and pulling him into his warm embrace to give him comfort and the feeling of safety.

 

“What? But…how? I….we were together all the time when did that even-”

 

Mark gave the nurse a worried look which donghyuck knew that meant, “What is going on?” but he didn’t knew it also meant “did he lose his memory? Is this why he doesn’t remember?”

 

She just chuckled at his worried face and shook her head knowingly.

 

“Sometimes when a patient go into coma they choose a part of their life to remember, they do that without knowing or realizing they do. and they keep living that part of their life, all the things that happened in that part, again and again until…until either they wake up…or they die…I’m guessing he chose the part of his life that had you in it and he kept living all of your memories together again and again till he, thank god, woke up.”

 

“Wait I was really in coma for two years? It is not a joke? I thought…I thought you were just joking…” donghyuck said with a deer caught in headlights like expression on his face, fingers playing with each other in stress.

 

“I wish it was just a joke” mark said and he sounded so broken, so…weak before he lied next to donghyuck to hug him better, face on his neck again.

 

The nurse just looked at the sweet couple who got together again finally, left the room to give them some alone time and closed the door behind her quietly.

 

“You must’ve missed me so much…” donghyuck said, feeling bad for making mark sad even though it wasn’t his fault actually.

 

“I couldn’t breathe without you hyuck. I couldn’t breathe…”

 

Donghyuck caressed his hair softly while mark’s tears was wetting his skin again.

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“Why are you saying sorry?”

 

“Cause it…felt so real. I felt like I was really living those moments for the first time. Never even once I felt anything was off. Everything seemed so perfect. And I kept making you wait for me to wake up for so long. Hadn’t I?”

 

“At least you didn’t miss me, right? That is good that your dreams felt so real cause if you were in pain that would kill me more.” mark said and donghyuck chuckled sweetly cause oh dear god just how good mark was for him.

 

“A part of me still missed you. I don’t know how but it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter