perfect

perfect (illusion)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"A love so deep, nothing else like it

Scars go deep, but they can't find it

Flame so bright make the daylight look dark"

 

Mark smiled after reading the words written on the small paper and turned around to look at his boyfriend who was sitting a few desks back. he made a small heart with his fingers and chuckled silently at the red haired’s cute blushing face before turning back and ripping a piece of paper from his own notebook just to write down the continues lyrics of the song.

 

"Cross my heart, that I'll die for you

Cross my heart, that I'll always keep you

Cross my heart like a bitter sweet tattoo"

 

He folded the paper and poked his friend to pass the note to the back. jaemin rolled his eyes but took the paper anyway and passed it to renjun who passed it to jisung who passed it to koeun who finally passed it to donghyuck.

 

Mark watched his boyfriend’s sweet smile while reading the paper then sent a flirty wink at him when he looked up, which made the red haired one get all blushy and giggly but he still blew a kiss back at him.

 

“You two make me want to puke all over this table” jaemin mumbled before laying his face on the table, about to fall asleep in the boring math class.

 

Mark just chuckled silently again and hit on jaemin’s head jokingly “oh shut up you love us”

 

“Unfortunately I do” jaemin said quietly but mark still heard it. And weirdly donghyuck heard it too even though he was sitting three desks behind him.

 

He just thought jaemin talked too loudly or maybe his hearing ability got stronger who knows? He didn’t think about it a lot even though it was something weird to happen. Cause hey, weird things happen all the time don’t they? It wasn’t something new anyway…

 

______________________________________________________________________________________

 

“So here's my body that I'm giving to us

Here's my arms that'll hold us up

Here's my life dedicated to love

I'll try to give you everything you deserve”

 

It was funny how donghyuck could hear the song playing in his mind while he was reading the small paper that mark put in his backpack’s zippered part secretly this morning. But on the other hand he was hearing songs playing in the middle of the night too so it wasn’t something new. It was like, god was playing their, his and mark’s, favorite songs in heaven and making it loud so donghyuck could hear it too. He knew it was stupid to think about it like that. Maybe one of their neighbors liked the same songs they loved and they were playing it a little bit too loud at three or four am. Or maybe he loved those songs so much that he was hearing them even though no one was playing them. Either way he loved the idea of someone up in there is playing songs for him more than the reality.

 

“And I can't promise that it's gonna be fine

But here I am if you're ready to try

Here's my tears when you tell me those words

Here's my life, for better or worse”

 

He wrote back the continues lyrics to another paper, sneaked into the empty hallway, opened mark’s locker that its password was the date they first met and placed the paper at the top of his chemistry book. Then he smiled when he thought about the sweet smile that will be on mark’s face when he reads his note and walked towards the main door of the school. Right when he opened the door to get out the rain started with small drops and he smiled knowingly before taking out his small umbrella from his backpack. He never had been good at guessing the weather till now but something inside him told him to take his umbrella with him today and he was glad that he listened to that something. He opened his umbrella and started walking out of the school gates when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

 

“Donghyuck”

 

“Mark?”

 

Mark was already wet from head to toe and he was panting hard which made donghyuck pull him under the umbrella and glare at him with a pout.

 

“Why did you run under rain? You will get sick again.”

 

“I know I’m sorry but you forgot something. You can’t go home without that.”

 

Donghyuck looked at him with a confused face cause he was sure he didn’t forget anything “I did? What did I forget?”

 

“This” mark said before pulling donghyuck into a kiss by his wrist. He buried his free hand in mark’s hair and kissed him back. Mark pulled him closer by the waist and donghyuck could feel the wet shirt that was pressing on his own was wetting his chest too but he didn’t care about it at all. He wouldn’t even care if he didn’t had any umbrella and they were kissing under the rain while getting completely wet. He didn’t care about anything else than the sweet kiss they were sharing.

 

“You can’t go to home without our goodbye kiss right?” mark said against his lips when they broke it slowly.

 

“Right” donghyuck said and they just stood there, under the umbrella, listening the raindrops hitting to the floor, a stupid, lovesick smile on both of their lips, eyes shining with the excitement of the young love.

 

“You gotta go to your class” donghyuck said and felt the soft lips again, caressing his own lips gently.

 

“I know. But I don’t want to be separated from you.”

 

Donghyuck giggled sweetly and caressed the back of mark’s neck “stop making me fall for you harder and just go. We will see each other tomorrow anyway.”

 

“What if we don’t? What if we can’t?”

 

Mark’s question made him stop for a few seconds. Cause why would he even ask something like that when everything is going so perfect? It confused and worried donghyuck. But he shook his head and smiled at the worried boy in front of him.

 

“We will see each other again. I promise you okay?”

 

Mark sighed but nodded and pecked his lips one last time.

 

“I love you”

 

“I love you too”

 

Donghyuck watched mark running back to school and entering the door then turned around and walked to his home. Mind is full with so many thoughts. What did mark mean by that?

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

"You're here like a silhouette

When the darkness rules

You're the brightest moon

And I am safe"

 

In all honestly, donghyuck hated the long-distance relationship. He hated how mark went back to Canada for university. He hated how they write their cute little notes on a private chatroom in kakaotalk not on small papers anymore. He hated how he couldn’t wake up to mark’s face, he hated how they couldn’t hug and cuddle and kiss anymore. He was missing mark so much that he was crying almost everynight after their daily Skype session. He was missing his warm hug, he was missing his soft kiss, he was missing his gentle touch, he was missing everything and anything about him, of him…

 

Somehow, he knew mark was missing him back as much as he did or maybe even more. He knew mark was having sleepless nights too. He knew mark had some horrible nightmares too. He knew mark just wanted to fly over there and pull him into the tightest hug ever too. He could even hear the “I miss you so much hyuckkie. I miss you so much…”s and the sobs that left his lover’s lips and it was breaking his heart into pieces. Knowing that mark was in pain too was the worst feeling he ever had. He knew he should do something to make mark feel better, he should lighten up the heavy p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter