C.1

The Price Of Fame,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you walk out that door, don’t bother coming back.”

The words shot like bullets through her heart, shattering it into pieces.

Why did it have to be this way?

Why?

“Dad,” Raelynn didn’t know what to say. She didn’t. She knew he meant each and every word but she couldn’t stay. She couldn’t. She just couldn’t. She had to go. She had to leave. She had to. She felt tears forming in her eyes but she held back the urge to sob. She didn’t want to cry. She couldn’t cry. Not here. Not now.

“I mean it Rae,” I know, “Step out that door and you will no longer be welcomed here. You will no longer be considered a part of this family.” her father’s voice was stern but there was an element of sadness in his eyes that was unmistakable. He knew that his daughter had already made up her mind. She was leaving, no doubt about it. And nothing he could do or say could make her stay. Nothing–she was that stubborn.

Raelynn looked at him with her big blue eyes –ones she inherited from her deceased mother– “I’m sorry.” she softly whispered and willed herself to turn around.

A tear fell down her cheek as she took her first step out the door.

She was never coming back.

The black-haired girl stared at her reflection in the lighted mirror. Jessica had just finished putting the finishing touches to her make-up. Smokey eyes. Thick, dark lashes. Perfectly arched eyebrows. Red-painted lips. The make-up went nicely with her smooth and creamy complexion.

This was the very last stop on her “This Is Me” World Tour.

The very last stop.

The very last concert. (Her very last concert)

This was it,

The end,

Right where it all began,

In the heart of the bustling city of Seoul.

“Miss Raelyn Kim please step forward.”

A young girl with jet black hair pulled into a messy bun stood up from her seat and stepped into the center of the room. She looked confident, with a small smile on her face, but her sweaty palms and flushing cheeks told a different story altogether. She wasn’t as confident as she wanted everyone to think and the heated stares the other auditionees were giving her made her all the more nervous and afraid.

The judges ran their eyes over her body, scanning her from head to toe, some curled their lips in disdain while others shook their head in disapproval. One of them, seemingly the oldest, cleared his throat and said, in a clear, cold tone, “Go ahead, show us what you got.”

A soft melody began to play, and Raelyn tried to sing out but her voice ended up cracking due to her jittering nerves.

.

A few snickers and chuckles sounded throughout the room. Raelyn bit her lip, embarrassment making her face warm. The judges were equally unimpressed. The youngest one, a blonde male with strong handsome features who seemed to be in his mid-twenties, leaned forward with his elbows on the table. He then folded his hands, his gaze narrowing as he stared at her, “Is that all you got?” he raised a mocking eyebrow as he continued, “Is it?” when he got no response he scoffed, “How pathetic.” he ran a hand through his hair, “Move along then we have no time to waste.” his harsh words stabbed her heart.

What are you doing Raelyn? You came all the way to Seoul for this! For this once in a lifetime opportunity! You even went against your father for it! And instead of giving it your all and doing your best you simply want to give up? Are you crazy?!

Snap out of it!

Don’t give in to your fear!

Don’t be a coward!

Show that what you’ve got!

Make him regret his words!

Come on!

Go on!

What are you waiting for?

Raelyn drew her spine up straight, dark orbs shimmering with determination. Her unmoving form made the blonde man sigh, “Didn’t you hear what I just said?” he asked, irritation seeping into his tone.

The girl nodded her head, “Loud and clear.”

Her newfound confidence greatly amused him, “And?”

She looked straight into his eyes and said, “And I simply ask for another chance.”

He hummed, “And what makes you think you deserve one?”

“I don’t. But I’ve come too far to back away just now.”

He smirked, just a small pouting of the lips; a narrowing of the eyes and a titling of the head. The fire that ignited in her eyes intrigued him, “Very well then,” the other judges looked at him in utter disbelief, “Don’t disappoint this time.” let’s see what you got Miss Kim.

Raelynn bit her lip, “I won’t.”

She then opened and began singing Beyoncé’s “Listen”. All of the judges aside from one looked at her with awestruck faces as she sang her heart out, hitting every note with utmost precision and care. The blonde male’s smirk only grew in size the second the girl belted out her very first crisp, clear note. She was indeed full of surprises –pleasant ones as a matter of fact.

After Raelynn sang her last note, she took a deep breath, trying her outmost best to calm he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter