So Mr. Idol isn't as nice as he seems...he's a Jerk

Adding up Love (Can you make the grade?)

Squeals filled the classroom and I slumped my head down on my arms. Why had I forgot my earphones today of all days? My black hair cascaded down beside me, covering my ears, but did nothign to stop the squeals threatening to burst my eardrums. Could these girls just not shut up? 

Meanwhile, at the front, the three guys began to introduce themselves, as if oblivious to the fainting and swooning fangirls around them. 

"I'm Taehyung-oppa!" Said the one on the left happily, letting out a cheeky wink.

"Jimin-Oppa!" Beamed the one next to him. His eyes bent into tiny crescents, and I could hear Yoojung let out a tiny sigh beside me. Aish, even my best friend wasn't immune. 

"Jeongguk." The last boy's voice was curt, and he kept his head down, not making eye contact with anyone. Yet, I could practically see Jinsoo salivating over him. I snorted to myself. Girl was delusional if she thought idol-boy would ever notice her. 

"Alright, settle down class!" Lee-saem's voice drifted back in irritatedly as he tried to regain control of the mad house. Getting the idea that the class was about as likely to listen to him as I was to confess my newfound Love for BTS and Jinsoo (re: Not Likely At All), he told the boys to choose somewhere to sit instead. 

Instantly, every girl was at attention. Although Yoojung and I sat together, there were two emtpy desks near us. One in front of Yoojung, next to our friend Hyunmin, (Yoojung had introduced the two of us last year, saying that we were both loners who needed more friends, and somehow he had become my second closest friend) who like me, was rollign his eyes at the crazy bedlam of the classroom. The other, unfortunately, was diagonal to me and next to one of Jinsoo's lackeys. (whose name I might have forgotten. It wasn't my fault they all went to the same plastic surgeon) 

I saw the trio try to avoid grimacing as they scanned the classroom and realized most of the empty seats left were next to girls who looked like they watned to eat them. I would have winced, sicne I knew how vicious these girls could be, having been on the recipient end of their bullying before Yoojung's transfer...except I didn't feel that bad. I had been a social pariah for a solid year. These guys were rocketing straight to the top of almost everyone's friend lists. There was a quick exchange of looks between them and then the smiley cresecent one headed towards the seat next to Hyunmin. Yoojung squeezed my hand, trying to keep her expression neutral as Hyunmin greeted the idol (Jimin? I think?). I could pratically feel my bones cracking in her grip. Girl did Taekwondo, she definitely did not know her own strength. 

I kept my eyes at the front of the classroom, eager to see where the other two boys would sit now that the only free seat next to someone not a crazy fangirl had been taken. After another of those weird dude-sideye things, Jeongguk (who I had nicknamed dark-and-surly in my head) headed to the desk diagonal from me and Yoojung, while Taehyung (wait was there someone named Taehyung in BTS... I didn't remember his name on any of Mi-soo's posters... oh well I was probably never going to talk to him so I could just call him rectangle smile in my head) walked towards Jinsoo with the look of someone who was walking towards his execution. Knowing Jinsoo, it was a pretty apt comparison. 

"Hi Oppa, I'm Jinsoo. I Saranghae BTS~," Jinsoo said breathily, batting her eyes prettily at him. I stifled a laugh as Taehyung gave her a quick once over, nodding curtly before turning to strike up a friendly conversation with the boy behind him. BTS: 1. Jinsoo: 0. Maybe these idols weren't that bad.

Meanwhile upon reaching his desk, Jeongguk popped in his earphones and proceeded to ignore any attempts at conversation. Not that I could blame him, given the number of crazy fangirls in the class but it was still rude. Scratch what I thought about BTS not being that bad. 

"-and these are my friends, Yoojung and Shin-ae." Aaaand that was Hyunmin's voice, cutting me out from my observations. I smiled, trying to make it seem like I had been paying attention to the conversation. Smiley-crescent idol dimpled at me and Yoojung, "I'm Jimin, it's nice to meet you!" he said cheerily. 

Wow, his dimples were pretty cute. Wait, did I just think that? 

 "Nice to meet you, Oppa!" Yoojung and I chorused, and grinned the way you might imagine the Cheshire Cat would in a horror movie. Then high-fived each other for being in sync. We try to do that with every new person we meet, sometimes just to freak them out and sometimes just to laugh. To his credit, Jimin just laughed, not looking too weirded out. Hyunmin, meanwhile, rolled his eyes, all too used to our antics. 

"Did I say they were my friends? Sorry, forget that, I don't know these losers." he snarked. 

"Wow, rude? Did you forget who saved your in pre-calc last year?" I said jokingly, smacking his shoulder.

"And who reminded you of your mom's birthday when you forgot?" Yoojung joined in, poking Hyunmin's other shoulder.

"Ok, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! You two are the best chingus ever, please ignore my lies" Hyunmin grumbled, although his smile betrayed the levity of the situation.

Our teasing was interrupted by someone's light chuckles. We looked over at Jimin, who stopped laughing once he saw us. "Sorry, I didn't mean to laugh! You guys just sounded really close, it's nice" he hastily tried to apologize.

"Oh don't worry about it! Sorry for ignoring you!" Yoojung said, smiling back at him. 

Jimin laughed again "No worries, you three are more daebak than I thought school could ever be."

"I'm not sure that's a compliment" Hyunmin joked. The four of us chatted together for a little while, comparing expectations about the school year, before Jimin turned towards me.

"So, then, Shin-ae, you're good at math?"

"Yeah, did you need any help with it?" I was relatively good at math, and had managed to tutor Hyunmin all through pre-calc to a solid 90 average. My Eomma had always been intent on me and Misoo being able to hold our own academically. 

"Ah no, not-" whatever Jimin was about to say was cut off by our history teacher walking in and slamming her books down on the desk. An effective tactic to cut off the hubbub of chatter. The four of us quickly made plans to eat lunch together before turning back to the front of the classroom as the lecture began.

Halfway through the lecture, when our history teacher Kim-saem had stepped out a bit to talk to another teacher, I noticed a dropped airpod on the ground. I scooped down to pick it up, then tapped dark-and-surly on the shoulder. I might not have liked idols, but that didn't mean I hated them- it was the decent thing to do. 

"Excuse me, I think you dropped this."

I saw him look me over and instantly dismiss me as 'crazy fangirl.' 

"Whatever."

Rude, much? So much for the "perfect idol" image. I would have to tell Mi-soo that her beloved Jungkook wasn't quite as nice as he seemed- although to be fair, his groupmate Jimin seemed quite nice so far. Maybe Jungkook just had a stick up his or something. 

The rest of the class passed uneventfully, and soon enough it was time for lunch. Hyunmin, Yoojung and I prepared to head with Jimin to the rooftop, our normal spot, when I suddenly saw two arms wrap around Jimin.

"Chimchim, Jimonthy, Jiminnie, light of my life and star of my love" came a voice from behind Jimin.

"Yes, Taetae, bread-to-my-butter and pea-to-my-pod?" responded Jimin calmly.

"I'm hungry." 

Jimin burst out laughing again (dang, those dimples were cute), extriacating himself from "Taetae's" embrace. Oh, it was rectangle-smile idol. Which explained the daggers Jinsoo was shooting towards us from her posee at the front of the classroom. 

 "Guys, this is my weird bandmate Taehyung. Taehyung, these are my new friends, Hyunmin, Yoojung and Shinae. Try not to scare them away," he said amusedly, pointing to each of us in turn.

"Oooh new friends! Hi~~~~" Taehyung said, waving at us, "I'm V. Or Taehyung-Oppa, whichever you prefer." 

"Nice to meet you!" Yoojung and I chorused again, doing jazz hands as we drew out the "ou" of You. Then high-fived, again. I loved my best friend. 

Taehyung did jazzhands right back at the two of us, looking completely nonplussed by our weirdness. I suppose it was a blessing we weren't trying to jump him. Then Hyunmin slung his arm around our shoulders, breaking the impromptu contest Yoojung and I had started with Taehyung (who, apparently, was as weird as us. We were going to get along great). 

"Now that we've all been introduced, can we go eat?" He said with fake-annoyance. Although I felt him jab my ribs and quickly looked around the classroom, cataloguing all the angry glares we were getting. Yeah, it was probably time to leave so Yoojung and I weren't poisoned or stabbed to death with eyeliner. Jimin seemed to sense our worries as well (maybe idols have a sixth sense for crazy stalker fans? It would explain how they've managed to stay safe in situations without 24/7 security) and he quickly linked arms with Taehyung, guiding him towards the door. Halfway there he paused, tapping on dark-and-surly's shoulder. 

"You guys don't mind if we all eat together, right?" 

"Nope, not at all!" Yoojung grinned, before I could stomp her toe and list out all the reasons why I Didn't want to eat with Mr. Jerk Idol. 

And so it was that, Yoojung, Hyunmin and I ended up eating lunch with all three BTS members on their first day. 

---

A/N: Wow I try to write a chapter introducing Jungkook and instead Taehyung and Jimin take over all the dialogue. Mianhae~~

Anyway, saranghae y'all and I'll try to update soon! Promise more Jungkook next time, but hey, at least there was more BTS in this chapter? Oh, and I'll try to find a way to introduce the other 4 members in the next few chapters! They will be in the story don't worry! 

Preview:

I whirled around to confront him.

"Why are you following me home? Are you one of those crazy stalkers?" 

"Shouldn't I be asking you that? I don't want to be followed home by fans."

"I'm not a fan, and look! My apartment building is right there. You're the one who's constantly looking to see what streets I'm crossing." 

"Sure, that's what they all say." He smirked infuriatingly, then-

"Wait, that's my apartment building" 

Hope you enjoyed ~~~~