This is Not how I pictured starting senior year

Adding up Love (Can you make the grade?)

"Shin-Ae!" My younger sister's shriek pierced the air, cutting through my beautiful sleep. I groaned, burying my head in my pillow.

"Ughhhhhhhh...Five more minutes, Mi-soo!" I shouted back.

"No, get up now! We're gonna be late for my first day!!" 

Why was her voice so near my head? I wondered... oh wait, that was because she was standing right next to my bed. 

Groaning, I dragged myself out of the bed. Looks like sleep and I would have to be reunited later. 

"Come on, Shin-Ae!" Mi-soo's voice trailed down the stairs as she ran to the breakfast table. I stared- how could she have so much energy so early?!

"Good morning Shin-Ae" 

"Morning Umma" I responded to my mom, taking a seat at the breakfast table. She put a plate of kimchi and toast in front of me, causing my mouth to start to water. Oh, the joys of food. 

"Hurry up, hurry up!" I could hear Mi-soo chanting beside me, practically vibrating in her excitement. She was cheerful as usual. She was always the light of the family. cheering us up even when things seemed too dark.

Ah yes, that's right. I haven't mentioned it yet, but a few years ago, we found out my dad was cheating on my mom. Great dad, right? Then, he disappeared, leaving my mom with a massive pile of debt and two daughters to take care of. My mom has only just begun to recover, having to take on extra shifts to pay the bills and trying to keep the family together. If it weren't for Mi-soo's cheeriness, I don't think she would have made it at all.

And me? Well...I always had a protective nature towards my mom and sister. But I might have developed a Bit of a grudge towards guys after my dad left. I tried to keep it small though. I didn't want to taint Mi-soo's happiness. 

Like now, as I took a bite of my food and fondly ruffled her hair. 

"Stop it, unni!" She cried out at me, swatting at my hand, "I spent aaaages fixing this!"

"Oops sorry" I laughed, returning to my breakfast. Right. Today was Mi-soo's first day of high school. I was beyond worried for her. I still remembered my first day. I was alone, since the family had just moved to Seoul from Busan. Needless to say, things had Not gone well. For weeks, I would come home with scrapes on my legs and dirt on my uniform. I had to persuade my mom that I had fallen down because she was so worried but in reality I was scrubbing the tears from my cheeks all the way home.

Thankfully, I found friends later on and Mi-soo has her friends from midle school so she won't end up the same as me. 

"Aigoo, that was so good, umma, I don't think I want to move anymore," I gently teased, "Looks like you might have to go to school yourself, Mi-soo."

She gasped and puffed out her cheeks. "Unni, you can't!"

"Just kidding. Grab your bag, Mi, time to go to school!"

----------

"Shin-Ae, Shin-Ae, did you hear?" My best friend Yoonjung lunged at me the second I stepped into school.

"What, what?" I linked arms with her, excited to talk to my best friend.

"Apparently we're getting transfer students and" She abruptly stopped and scanned around us for anyone who might be listening, "They're from an idol group!" She whispered.

Oh. Wow, I thought That was pretty impressive. Then, wait for it- 3, 2, 1...

I hastily shoved my hand over Mi-soo's mouth as she let out an earth-shattering squeal. Ah yes, Mi-soo was a kpop fangirl. EXO, TWICE, GOT7, you name it, she loved it. She was adorable about it though, always respectfully following her idols and streaming their music and attending fansigns- well, adorable to me. I don't think my mom's wallet thought so. 

"omgomgomgomogmgomgomgogmogmogmogmomgomgomgomgomg" she breathed out in a rush once I had released . "Yoojung-unni, who is it, who is it?!?!?"

"I'm not too sure yet," Yoonjung whispered, "But I did hear rumours it might be members of BTS." she winked

Mi-soo's screams hit new decibels. I suppose I should probably mention that Mi-soo LOVED them. She was a die-hard ARMY and had posters plastered all over her room. Me? Nah, sorry, can't see the appeal. They are attractive, in that photo-shopped bubblegum way? Idols were not my style, though. Give me an Epik High track instead any day of the week. 

"Shh, shh!" Yoonjung laughed, trying to shush Mi-soo.

"Sorry, Yoonjung-unni!" she chirped, still in fangirl mode. 

I smiled. "Don't you have to get to class, Mi?"

"Oh right! See you later, unni!" Misoo ran off, waving at one of her friends.

"Like a hurricane, that one" Yoonjung joked, "So how has my best friend been?"

"Same as normal, you just saw me last week!" It was true. Yoonjung and I had hung out all summer when we weren't working. Me, tutoring to help out my mom, her interning at her dad's fashion label. Yoonjung had great style and an eye for design. Her goal was to study arts at Seoul University so she had been studying and working all summer to prepare. 

Even in the school's less than flattering uniform and only the slightest hint of make-up, she looked gorgeous. Me, on the other hand? I couldn't care less about looks. Dull brown eyes, unruly dark hair, uniform hanging like a paper bag. Yoonjung often commented that I must have saved the world in my past life to have such clear skin without doing anything to it. 

"True. Anyway, let's go to class! We can chat there." With that, Yoonjung and I walked to the classroom.

----

BTS hell. Or heaven, depending on your outlook. Posters Everywhere. Someone had written on the board "WELCOME BANGTON SONGYEONDAN!!!!!" In Bright bubble letters. Clearly, Yoonjung wasn't the only one to have heard of the transfer student rumour.

I groaned...Mi-soo was amazing, and Yoonjung, although she loved BTS, wasn't crazy about it. This, though? This was insane on another level. I was not looking forward to school this year. There were some seriously freakin crazy girls in my class.

"Yah. Shin-Ae. Yoonjung." A voice sneered. Speak of the devil and she will appear. Kim Jinsoo, aka self-proclaimed head of the Seoul division of ARMY (the fanclub, not the actual army. God knows she's terrifying enough already) aka the girl who made high school a living nightmare for me before Yoonjung transferred in sophomore year. Rumour had it she was responsible for the fanclub's official split when she camped out for a straight week outside BTS's dorms, blew over a million won hiring taxis to chases the members down as they visited family and proudly posted her restraining order on the fanclub website. Apparently some other girls found that admirable. But official moderators kicked her out, something I whole-heartedly approved of. Idols were human, after all. 

"Yes?" I turned and faced her, matching her glare. Same overly done makeup and arched brows, hair dyed an obnoxious bubblegum pink, skirt rolled up past regulation, brandname luxury bracelets jangling on each wrist. Aish, Kim Jinsoo never changed.

"You two are going to sit in the back corner this year. BTS is coming and trust me, they'll want to see as little of your ugly faces as possible." She sneered.

I rolled my eyes, "and they'll want to see your fake eyelashes and restructured nose instead?"

"It looks better than yours." She spat, before beckoning to her two cronies who were busy plastering pictures of Jimin's abs? I think? on the back wall. Great welcome message there.

I gave a saccharine smile. I was totally not in the mood to argue with a posse of fake faces. Sighing, Yoonjung and I trudged to our 'official' seats. At least this way, we could talk without the teachers noticing. We chatted for awhile, debating over whether Yoonjung should accept Junhyung-oppa's confession.

"Settle down, class!" That was Lee-saem, back for our senior year. Each year there was a betting pool on whether he'd retire. So far, he'd manage to come back each fall despite all odds otherwise. 

He squinted at the posters plastered all over the classroom, shook his head, and sighed. 

"I see you have already given our new students a rather...warm welcome." Titters and badly hidden giggles made their way around the room. 

"Please come in and introduce yourselves" he said, gesturing to the classroom door.

In walked 3 guys. Immediately I saw cellphones whipped out and talking fill the room. I think someone almost fainted. 

They were good-looking I suppose. I was more surprised they didn't run away screaming at the predatory expressions some of the girls had on. There was one guy who was smiling with crinkly eyes, as if this was the best place he could be right now. The guy next to him had on a cheerful boxy grin. Damn, I needed whatever they were having in my morning coffee. 

The third guy looked a lot more relatable. He was a little more unsure of himself, wide eyes darting around like a bunny's. He was the only one of the three who didn't look hopped up on sugar, at least. 

The eye-smile guy-Jimin? I think Min-soo mentioned someone named that...- made a gesture and the 3 of them bowed and chorused: "1, 2, 3! Annyeonghasayo, we are Bangtansonyeondan!" *insert cheesy grin*

Wait for it...Andddd: cue the squeals that immediateley filled the classroom.

Yoonjung and I exchanged eye-rolls- This was Not how I pictured senior year starting.

---

A/N: 

So...which three members of BTS came to Seoul High? (Pretty easy to guess XD) Good? Bad? Comments pls! Sorry not much BTS in this chapter but next one promise!! Will try to update regularly!!

Next chapter excerpt:

"Excuse me, I think you dropped this"

I saw him look me over and instantly dismiss me as 'crazy fangirl.' 

"Whatever."

Rude, much? So much for the "perfect idol" image. I would have to tell Mi-soo that her beloved Jungkook wasn't quite as nice as he seemed...

And that's it! Hope you enjoyed~