the city lights

Lamplight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The city Yebin lived in was messy, noisy and crowded during the hectic days. Observing people in the city from a walking distance was never a good idea, and it always left a bad impression on Yebin. However, everything changes at night, and her city was not an exception. Watching it from afar was a thing Yebin would always do when she felt like she needed to think, or just simply push all of the thought out of her mind, and dream with her eyes opened.

She was sitting on her favourite, sofa shaped rock and staring in the distance. The city lights were so calm and peaceful, making Yebin want to believe the city would stay as peaceful forever. 

That place always made her relax and feel happy, without the need to overthink things. However, it did not fulfill the purpose that time. Sitting on the rock and looking in the distance made her chest filled with a strangely suffocating feeling. The rock was big enough for two people to fit there, and Yebin was painfully sure she used to go there and stare at the city lights with another person.

As she was trying to manage her thoughts, she felt a soft touch of a cold hand on her shoulder.

-

" Watching the city lights again, huh? "

The familiar voice spoke up, with a sign of laughter.

" You think I am pathethic, yet you never leave me alone. "

Yebin replied without looking at the uninvited visitor. There was no need to take a look anyway. 

" Yebin ah, you are too tiny and vulnerable and whether you like it or not, you would not survive without me. "

The girl laughed, sitting down on the sofa like rock next to Yebin, starting to cuddle with her immediately.

" Yah, why are you being so touchy again you idiot. "

Yebins words sounded quite harsh, and yet the tone of her voice showed how much she trasured and loved the girl.

" You love it, dont say anything, I know you do. "

The girl giggled, squeezing Yebins hand.

" Yeah, you know me too well, it scares me sometimes. "

" It should make you happy, I am just playing the role of your soulmate in this life, it is my duty. "

The girl kissed Yebin on her red cheek with her cold lips.

" In this life only? I thought soulmates were the people who travel with you through the time and space, accompanying you in your every lifetime. "

Yebin looked at the girl, too beautiful to be real. Her cute old round glasses made Yebin want to kiss her, but the girl pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter