Alcohol

Never Sleep in a Strange Man's Bed
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

Alcohol

 

Dara's POV

 

“Nice to meet you, Seoul!” Chaerin shouted, picking her shot glass and holding it in the air.

 

Bom, Minji and I laughed at her ridiculousness. She’s definitely had it all tonight. “That’s also what you toasted the last four shots to,” I told her, picking up mine and holding it out as well.

 

Chaerin grinned and the four of us cheered before putting it on top of the table for a second and then drinking it down. I followed in suit before putting the glass down. I turned around on the stool, facing the dance floor.

 

"You want one more, girls?" Bom asked, I deftly shook my head and stood up, hopefully maintaining my balance well. I could barely even see, everything’s already a blur and I’m afraid I will pass out any seconds from now.

 

It was our first night in Seoul. The four of us have known each other since forever. We grew up together in a little but rich town in Busan and we treat each other’s families as our own. Last year, the four of us did our best to convince our parents to let us apply for College in Seoul, they were adamant at first but soon wavered. Initially, I was actually reluctant with the idea since Busan National University offered a very generous scholarship. But I still applied in Seoul National University because Bom and Chaerin forced me to. I did not expect to pass, and seriously, I did not even expect to be granted a scholarship! Luckily, Bom and Chaerin passed too, and Minji was able to secure a spot in Korea National University of Arts. From then, the idea of living in Seoul and being independent seemed surreal.

 

But here we are.

 

In a club in Itaewon.

 

Drunk and out.

 

The club was spectacular. The dance floor was covered with tiled flooring that had lights beneath it, which flashed with the sounds of the loud music. There were plush booths that wrapped around inside of the building walls. Large round, cushioned seats covered in pillows sat closer to the dance floor. The bar was made of colorful glass, and stocked to the extreme with a wide arrangement of liquor. Exquisite artwork hung around the room. Flashing lights were everywhere, and light fog centered on the dance floor. The space was huge, easily able to fit close to three hundred people at a time. I never saw something like this in Busan!

 

“Let’s dance again, girls!” Bom giggled, and started our way towards the dance floor.

 

Just then my phone vibrated in my pocket. I reached for it and looked at the screen, it was Donghae. My boyfriend.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter