Complicated

Leaving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     Loud clanking sound followed by classic English music fills the kitchen. Namjoo swaying her body to the tempo while stirring her pancake mix in a metal bowl. She can actually make it using the mixer but she prefer to do it her classical way just like how she was taught during her working days at Cora's. Their recipe was the best she have ever had and she wanted to share the taste with her parents. 

     After some time, she stopped stirring and started making her special pancake. Her parents should have awake by now, probably in the middle of getting dressed for work. Soon after, she done making the pancakes and serve them on the dining table. Not to forget the secret weapon, she ran to the shelf and grabbed the maple syrup she brought from California.

"So, what is our menu for today, Chef Kim?" Her father's voice suddenly greets her. Namjoo shocked a bit but then smiled as her parents entered the kitchen. She walked to them and gives each a morning kiss on their cheeks.

"For today, this cute little chef of yours made the most yummiest, tastiest pancakes ever exist on the earth. I bet both of you will fall in love with them and beg me to make it every morning." Namjoo brag herself jokingly, teasing the couple.

"Well thats a good news! I don't have to make breakfast anymore. You okay with it, right yeobo?" Namjoo's mom clapped her hands in joy. Namjoo frowned. It was her who supposed to tease but why did she got teased back? Someone need to sharpen her rotten teasing skills *evil laugh*.

"Stop it Omma. Don't even dream. Appa would cry if he had to eat pancake everyday." Namjoo joins her parents at the dining table and they started eating. Namjoo almost floating in the air when her parents keep on praising her. Suddenly Namjoo remembered something.
"Omma, Appa, before I forget. Can you leave the address of Bbo and Pink's keeper for me later? I think I want to pick them since I'm home." Yup, its the little puppies she talks about. Are they still considered as puppies though? She was told that her parents sent them away during workdays because no one would be guarding the little rascals. Now that she's home, it would be okay to bring them back so they can accompany her. Besides, she missed them so much.

Both Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim stopped chewing almost at the same time before exchanging looks. Well, that was weird to Namjoo's view. 

"I don't think thats necessary kiddo. Its just two days away before weekend to pick them up." Mr. Kim replied while his gaze on his food, continue eating. So does Mrs. Kim who only smiles at the girl while nodding her head, agreeing her husband's answer. 

 Namjoo pouted. 

"By the way, aren't you going to meet the chairman today?" Mr. Kim asked his daughter, distracting Namjoo from thinking about the kids. 

"Ahh thats right. I almost forgot." Namjoo replied. Her gaze falls back on her food. She slowly cut the pancake into small pieces.
Mrs. Kim watches Namjoo, carefully reading the girl's expression. There's a slight of uneasy feeling she was showing. She grabbed Namjoo's hand, make her stop cutting the pancake and slowly caressing it. 

"Will you be alright?" The mother asks.

"Don't worry, I will." Namjoo showed her perfect teeth, trying to shove their worries away.

"You know what, whatever decision you'll be making, as long as you are happy with it,  we are always with you." Mrs. Kim held Namjoo's right cheek lovingly and it brought comforts for Namjoo.

"Okay then, be careful with driving. Just stick inside the slow lane, got it?" 

"Yes, Sir. Copy that." Said Namjoo while saluting her father.

They finished breakfast and Namjoo bids goodbye to her parents before getting herself ready.


*****

     Namjoo took a turn and drove her Mini Cooper into the parking lot in front of the familiar building. She finally made it as the car safely parked. She couldn't remember the last time that she drive and it was super awkward to be steering the wheel again. Especially when she got honked for driving too slow even though she was in the right lane. Poor kid.. 

     Namjoo sent a message informing the chairman she has arrived. She then covered her face with the mask as usual before grabbing the white cap on the passenger seat and secure it on her head. As soon as she got off her car, her poor heart beating faster and faster, as if she was being chased by a tornado. Her trembling legs from the long drive trembles even more as she walks herself into the building. She entered the building, and she could feel people staring at her. She quickened her pace to the lift and enter it as the door opened. She exhales another relief. Things gonna be hard if they realized who she is.

     Her phone beeping, showing a message from the chairman. 

Come to the meeting room -Mr. Choi

She already informed the man about her return yesterday. She still remember how shocked Mr. Choi was to be hearing her voice. She even got scolded for breaking her promise. Her promise to still keep in contact with him before she left. They have agreed to meet today. She has requested the head of the company to keep it only between the both of them.Namjoo got off from the elevator and went straight to the meeting room. She left a few knocks.

"Come in." Said the voice from inside. Namjoo carefully turned the doorknob and entered the room. Inside, Mr. Choi already waiting for her with a bright smile plastered on his face. Namjoo took off the mask and smiles upon seeing him. They hugged for a while. She could tell the old man is losing some weight.
"Welcome back, runaway kid." Mr. Choi joked. Namjoo broke the hug and push him away.

"What kind of welcome is that? Should I run again?" Namjoo sigh. The old man only laugh. They sat beside each other.

"So, how are you? Feeling better?" Mr. Choi started the conversation. Smile didn't leave his face. He's just so so glad to see Namjoo in front if him again. He couldn't sle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter