Back in Time

Leaving
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Hello passengers. This is your captain speaking. The current time is 2:25 a.m. Thanks to the bright moon and clear sky that accompanied us, after about 13 and a half hours of nonstop journey from LAX to Incheon Airport, we are finally landed safe and sound. I am Captain James Oliver along with my co-pilot Captain Lee Ming Gyu on behalf of Korean Airlines and the entire crew, we'd like to thank you for joining us on this wonderful trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a nice rest and good Mornight!”

     With the last announcement from the cockpit, Namjoo safely arrived. She puts on the white mask before make her way off the plane. She wore a white long sleeves shirt and a black jean with a pair of sneakers, hoping that nobody would recognize her besides the staffs from the airline. She collected her giant luggages on a trolley and made her way out. It still felt like a dream to be coming back home. Thankfully the airport is less crowded by the time she arrives. No one seems to recognize her so far.

     *grrrrrr* oh god. Namjoo frowns as her stomach growling quite loud. She stopped her trolley and rubs her pity tummy for a while. She already ate three times on the plane and still hungry. But to make a stop at nearest restaurant is too dangerous. This is Incheon, people would easily recognize her if she put off her mask and the news of her returns will spread in just 0.003 seconds. The fact that South Korea ranked the first with fastest internet connection makes her more concern. 

"Not now tummy. Let's just go home first. Omma probably prepared something for us." Namjoo continue pushing her trolley while mumbling to herself.

     Fastening her steps, Namjoo arrived outside the airport and a taxi booked by her father already waits for her with a 'Santa Monica Immigrant, welcome home!' sign held by the driver. She can't believe that her father made that welcome speech as a replace of her name. Although she's the one who told him to write anything as long as its not her name. She smiles at the taxi driver and thanked him for patiently waiting. Once the driver done loading her stuffs inside the boot, Namjoo hops in and the taxi started moving.

     The ride to her home takes a while and Namjoo have been thinking alot. She don't have any worries involving her family but the things that she concerned about was her second family. How would they react seeing her again after two years? Especially once they found out that she only came back just to leave once again.This time, forever. The more she think, the more she felt guilty.

     To leave the members after went through everything together for a long period, it will never going to be easy at all. But to stay inside the same circle with someone that ruined her...she don't even know if she will able to breathe. Regrets. No matter how much she regrets. Nothing can fix what had happened between them.

     'Selfish! You are so selfish!' Her heart speaks up. She puts her right hand on where's the heart took place. Its aching. She knows she was being too selfish. To only think about herself. The members sacrificed a lot for her, for her now past relationship. Their salary got cutted, they had to work thrice harder, although everything was already hard enough for them. How could she forget what they have done for her? Arrghhh. Namjoo screamed in silence. Its not even her first day here but she already felt burdened. She couldn't stop her train of thoughts.

     She took a glance outside the window as the taxi driver informed her they almost there. Finally Namjoo see the home she has been missing and the taxi parked in front of it. They unloads her stuffs and the taxi left once Namjoo thanked him. Her family must be sleeping by now. 

     Ahh, it feels nice to be home. Namjoo smiles, her eyes forming tears. Making the building in front of her a bit blurry. 'Guess I'll just greet omma and appa later in the morning.' Namjoo thoughts.

     Namjoo tapped her fingerprint and the door unlocks. She brought all her stuffs in. She was about to climb the stairs to her room when a voice greeted her.

"Omo missing your room so much that you don't even notice me here." Namjoo turned her head, searching for the voice she missed the most and there she found her father in the living room, on the couch, watching her with a sweet smile, showing his dimples. 

"Appa~" Namjoo made a cringey voice, but its a bit shaky. She been holding her tears. She runs toward the tough man who is now standing, waiting for her to fall into his arms. They hugged each other. Namjoo cried in her father's embrace.

"Welcome home, princess." Mr. Kim tapped Namjoo's back, soothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter