...

Woogyu IRL

It is a Sunday and on Sundays Woohyun and Sunggyu do not have work so… they stay inside. They barely even talk. Did I mention that they live together? Now imagine this, aesthetic as apartment in a high rise located in the middle of the city. Sunggyu isn’t a fan of heights because he has anxiety but he is a fan of achieving his goals and this was one of them. The apartment is a mix of luxury and comfort all set to Sunggyu’s standards but minimal enough to not bother Woohyun who appreciates a clean home. Woohyun is happy because he has his own studio, which they decided together would be located in the biggest bedroom. Sunggyu really loves Woohyun and loves to see him happy. Giving up the master suite was a good idea.

 

Woohyun is writing in his studio, or maybe he is doing another essay? Who knows… But Sunggyu is on the couch watching TV. He looks pretty comfortable just sitting there in his hoodie wrapped up in a bunch of blankets that he had stolen from their bed. Even though it was getting cold they didn’t turn on the heat. That was Woohyun’s idea. He has goals too, like saving a million dollars. This means not turning on the heat until “it is cold enough to snow”. However Sunggyu ignored that when Woohyun wasn’t home and made the apartment into a sauna.

 

Sunday was a normal day, there were no phone calls to intrude on them. As they day got darker their stomachs began to rumble. Woohyun was too caught up in whatever he was doing and Sunggyu refused to move, for a while. A desperate Sunggyu finally peeled himself from the couch. He shuffles into the dimly lit studio where Woohyun was sitting at his desk. There were neat stack of paper and files, a keyboard here and a keyboard there. Sunggyu would go unnoticed even if he spoke, so arms came to rest on those slouched shoulders, wrapping around a stiff neck.

 

Woohyun really didn’t notice that Sunggyu had entered the room. With his headphones on he was lost in his work. There was no such thing as time in here. So, when he felt soft fingers glide over his jaw and neck he finally blinks his tired eyes. He was sure the image of his screen was burned into his retina. Taking off his headphones he swivels around in his chair offering a smile to the sleepy person hovering over him. He hugged that soft middle and gently grabbed handfuls of squishy . There was no resistance only the sound of grumbling as his ear was resting against a hungry tummy.

 

Without a question he stood taking Sunggyu with him into the kitchen, they hugged all the way there. Clingy wandering hands and mushy faces made it all the way without toppling over. Good job. Sunggyu wouldn’t let go and Woohyun didn’t seem to care so with that lump attached to him he started to make them dinner. There was some bickering and whining and in the end of course Sunggyu got what he wanted. Woohyun didn’t have a preference he just liked to argue.

 

They ate kimchi stew with tofu as they sat on the couch, watching a new episode of Game of Thrones. After it ended they talked for a while about nothing and shared some kisses. Woohyun pulled Sunggyu to his chest and tucked those cold fingers under his clothes to warm them up. It was too comfortable. They fell asleep.

 

If only every day could be like this, but they are human just like everyone else. They have jobs and responsibilities. Unfortunately they can’t just melt into each other like they want to. So waking up later they drag themselves to bed and wake up in the morning after ten, maybe more, alarms go off. Groggy and tired they have to use each other as an excuse to wake up at all. Sunggyu was bad in the morning he could not function and his attitude was horrible. He shoves Woohyun and tells him no. Woohyun uses all his might to push his stubborn boy friend into the shower, groaning all the way. That is when Sunggyu finally opens his eyes and he smiles, there under the warm water and he hugs Woohyun.

 

Woohyun learned that this is the way it is and he loves Sunggyu and he loves Sunggyu’s perpetual state of tiredness. So having to undress a grown man and make him shower was totally fine. The upside they could shower together and save money. Their day goes on and they have to part as they head in separate directions for work. Woohyun hates being away from Sunggyu for more then 5 minutes but he doesn’t say anything, he never does.

 

Time passes and there are weeks and months of the same repetition until Sunggyu decides it is time for a break. They go to Jeonju for a whole 2 weeks. It is early winter so its perfect. While they are there the only thing they do is eat and snuggle. On the last day they visit Sunggyu’s family and it’s really nice. Woohyun loves kids but he would never admit that either. Sunggyu knows and hopes that one day in the far away future they can create a family together because he loves to see Woohyun happy.

 

They do all the things couples do. One day Woohyun proposes because he is cheesy as and Sunggyu is overwhelmed and excited but acts angry and annoyed because he “wanted to do it first”. Woohyun just smiles and puts the shiny ring on his finger. More years go by and they have everything they want they are accomplishing their goals and they are happy.

 

Sunggyu brings up kids, this should not be a sad topic but it is and Woohyun cries. He cries for almost the whole day because he is sad that he can’t give the love of his life beautiful biological children, but its okay. Woohyun turns everything into a joke and asks how the baby is after he s Sunggyu that night. Sunggyu just rolls his eyes because he knows Woohyun is a bottom so he does laugh but not at Woohyun’s stupid joke.

 

They want to get married but they can’t. It is illegal. They consider moving to another country. Then Woohyun finds out that same couples can not adopt either. He is mad.

 

Many more years pass and they grow old, watching their friends get married and have children, to which they are grateful uncles and love every single child by spoiling them rotten, possibly corrupting a few.

 

This is their life and this is their love and it is beautiful and real and nothing can stop them. They are Woogyu, Kyuwoo… whatever you want to call them but they are everything the universe conspired for them to be and everything is perfect because they love each other and that is all that matters.

 

The End