Arrangement

Love Me


"No. NO." A tight scowl forms on Mei's face, her tone becoming  firmer, dangerously low, as she witnesses the scene in front of her. "Come on guys. For the thousandth time, The white carnations are meant to be placed in the tall cylinder glass vases with the rhinestones not in the small round goldfish bowls!" Mei huffs tucking back a strand of her ash brown hair that slipped out of her messy made bun. “Breathe Mei... breathe.” It was the nth time she had to remind herself. Currently grateful she had enough sanity not to rip out her hair in frustration. Honestly she was even lucky she had all her hair left regarding how there wasn't a day when she wasn't bombarded with stress.

It didn’t help that the bunch of random employees she was put in charge of kept rushing back in forth in a clumsy manner, fumbling with almost everything in their sight.

"You guys could've at least let me run this with my crew." She mumbles under her breath, annoyed by the fact that these employees weren’t working as fast as she hoped.

 
Honestly she couldn't be that harsh with them. After all, anyone would be as frantically lost when the host's original wedding coordinator decides to cancel last minute. But at this rate, despite the fact that the original decorator had decency to have part of the work all ready set,  Mei questioned if she could have the venue finished on time.

Who the hell even sets up such luxiourius wedding venue DAYS before for what isn't even a wedding?? Wedding announcing dinner? WHO even arranges that??

"Rich people." Mei rolls her eyes as she mutters this  under her breath, refocusing her attention on clipboard in her hands.

Why did she even agree to this mess? It was supposed to be her day off! She should be curled up on her couch with a warm blanket, watching her favorite season show on Netflix.  Yet she's HERE placed in a luxious reception preparing it for tomorrow's event. Why??

A pair of arms suddenly slip around Mei's waist, holding her tightly in an embrace.
"Did I tell you how AWESOME you are?" The soft bell-like voice reminding her.

Thats right. That’s why. She had fallen for her sister's tactics once again.
_________________________
Meiiii

(Sent 6:45 am)

Meeeeiiii Heellpp :( 

(Sent 6:59 am)


You better have a valid reason for  waking  me up this early....
(Sent 6:49 am)

Well. I have a problem... and I need your expertise .
(Sent 6:50 am)


For crying out loud Sooyoung, place bread in the toaster before you set it. And you boil the water before putting in the spaghetti.
(Sent 6:51 am)


No you dumb . It doesn't to do with making breakfast.
(Sent 6:51)
Which I can do myself. Thank you very much.(Sent 6:52)

Whatever you say....
(Sent 6:52)


Actually. Mei... Do you think you could poissibly... Maybe... Come here and help me?

(Sent 6:53am)

Help you? (Sent 6:53am)

Decorate a reception. :)

(Sent 6:53am)

No (Sent 6:53)

But Meeeiii. I promised the hosts that you would be the one in charged of decorating!

(Sent 6:55)

YOU WHAT?

(Sent  6:55am)

Their original coordinator bailed. And I kind of  of... “accidentally” mentioned that my sister is The best and most well known decorator in town....

(Sent 7:00 am)

Well now you can tell them that I “accidentally decided to stay home and sleep in.

(Sent 7:01am)

MEEEIII. Pleaasseee. These clients are very important! You know what this could mean to me. I can’t mess it up. 

(Sent 7:02am) (Read 7:03am)

Mei. I won’t ever make you do stuff like this again. This will be the last time. Promise! I’ll even make it up to you. So Mei Pleaaseee. ;-;

(Sent 7:05 am) 

...........

...........

Send me the address 

(Sent 7:05 am)

_______________________________

Mei forces a smile and  turns,  pulling away from Sooyoung’s grip in the process. 

Taking a good look at her sister , if Mei didn’t know any better, she would think that this whole celebration was for her.

Sooyoung’s raven black hair was curled and pulled up in a updo, making her flawless feautures practically glow. She wore a long ivory white coat that reached just below her hips,  an outline of a rose gold dress ,few inches longer, visible  underneath. Couldn’t miss the fact that she wore what seemed like 4 inch heels, something that Mei ,herself, wouldn’t pull off without breaking an ankle. 

Of course, this type of appearance and confidence is expected from the fashion model and designer Sooyoung.

Honestly, Mei had also tried to appeal eye pleasing; wearing a black slick romper with small black wedged shoes. Something casual yet formal for this type of event preparation.

However, once again, she still managed always  look bland beside her older sister’s outstanding beauty.

”The venue looks absolutely beautiful!” Sooyoung beams, bright hazel eyes overwhelmed with the white floral scenery. She elbows her younger sibling playfully. “See? You really are the best.”

Mei lets out a sigh and relaxes slightly, proud that atleast all the hard work put forth was showing , atleast so far. “Just doing my job.”

“Well keep it up, Miss Cordinator. You’re doing wonderful.” Sooyoung pinches Mei’s cheek teasingly to which  Mei responded by gently smacking her hand away. “By the way, one of the hosts of the event is going to check up in a bit. He Justs wants to get a view of how it’s going so far.”

”By ‘he’ I assume you’re talking about the future groom?” Mei asks this, eyebrows rising in surprise. It was rare for the hosts come and check before hand. Let alone the groom or wife. Majority often want to be surprised.

“No no. Not the groom. He’s-“

“Sooyoung?” A deep soothing voice interrupts their conversation, Causing Mei to curse under her breath as she recognizes the voice instantly. She should have guessed this sort of luxurious arrangement had something to do with HIM.

“Ah, Taehyung! You’re here!” Sooyoung’s voice peeks up even more, if that were in possible.

Mei’s forces herself to look up in the direction of the so said man, trying hard to not  make  a frown visible on her face. Doing so, Mei catches the female staff gasping and staring  at him with no shame. And Mei didn’t blame them. Taehyung had always been attractive, puberty had always been kind to him. But she guessed that his long sleeve black shirt and brown slacks fit perfectly on him and the fact that he refused to button the top two buttons on his shirt, making part of his chest clearly visible, did him justice as well.... Or maybe, just maybe, it was because something about him radiated a certain maturity. Just maybe though...

Mei curses to herself again, annoyed with how she managed to also get absorbed with his appearance.

Taehyung pays the staff little mind as he made his way towards Sooyoung where  She grabs onto his arm eagerly pulling him closer to their circle. 

For a second, Mei’s and Taehyung’s eyes meet. And she could see a glint in his eyes. If eyes convey words, his would be saying so many things that were left unsaid. Mei finds it best to ignore it.

”Mei. You remember Taehyung.” Sooyoung says motioning to him.

How could she not know him?

“Yes. Mr. Kim Taehyung. “ Mei nods once in acknowledgement barely bothering to look at him as she pretends to be focused  on the papers in her hands. “Been a long time.”

Had he gotten taller? In the brief seconds she looked at him, she could’ve swore he wasn’t a s tall as before. Yet again... it has been years since they officially met again.

“Mei.” His voice is low,almost tense. It managed to snap Mei out of her thoughts, yet As the seconds ticked by the atmosphere only grew colder.

”His cousin is the groom. Tae’s the one who connected us and made it it possible for me to be the designer of the bride’s the dress.” Sooyoung explains, smiling widely at the other. 

Of course he did. They were talking about Kim Taehyung here. He guy who had been in love with Sooyoung for years now.

what wouldn’t he do for her?

The way Taehyung met her gaze as smiles just as warmly, eyes ever so gentle. One couldn’t deny the amount of love in shown in his gaze. It was impossible to miss.

“Guess things never change.” Mei thinks to herself, slightly unaware  that she had turned her attention to them.

   ______________________

"You're staring again."


"Yah. Kim Taehyung." Mei frantically waves her hand in front of Taehyung’s face, managing to regain the attention of her love stricken friend. If it were possible, there would've been heart eyes popping from his head.

“Are you sure you two are related? She's gorgeous and you're... Well- " His dark obs scan over his friend trying to find the right words.


Mei rolls her eyes at his hesitance."Gee Thanks. It's not like I'm already self conscious of my looks or anything."


"I'm not saying you're unattractive I'm just saying she-"


"Yeah yeah. Save it." She waves her friend off ,unaffected and disinterested in his choice of words as she tries to focus on her book." She's flawless. Perfect. Every guy's dream. I've heard that a million times already."

Mei sneaks a small glance towards the so said person. Honestly, despite was she told Tae, she didn’t consider herself unattractive at all. On the contrary, she loved the way she looked. She was content. Her ash brown was a little past her shoulders. And although she didn’t inherit her dad’s light hazel eyes like Sooyoung, She had her mother's dark brown eyes that had pretty golden specks that tended to be  visible under the sunlight. She even had quite a number of admirers.

But Compared to her older sister, Sooyoung, however, Mei couldn't help but feel somewhat ordinary. Sooyoung had long raven black hair that Mei had envied for always for keeping it's natural curls while Mei's natural straight hair barely managed to stay untangled. Sooyoung was also blessed with soft and delicate features And to top it off, she radiated a sort of confidence that Mei never had achieved.

"Don't bother." Mei let's out a low warning through gritted teeth. Noticing how Taehyung's attention managed to set back on Sooyoung.

This causes her friend to snap out of his trance
"What?"

Mei scowls At her friend's feigned innocence. “I'm not stupid. I know that look. " Mei jabs her pencil towards his direction and squints. "You're still falling for her."


"I-"


"Don't even think of denying it when you've been sneaking glances at her for the past 5 minutes. You're doing a terrible job of hiding them actually."

He props his chin on his palm and leans in.
"So what if I am? " he asked this with raised eyebrows, eyes daring for a reply.

"You're not her type." The way that she bluntly spat that irritated him. She says that only to but is shocked to see His face visibly harden and his lips turn down into a frown.


"You don't know that-"


Taehyung was far from ugly, as much as Mei hated to admit. However the only way he'll react and catch the message is if she were to be blunt.


"Tae. The only way of gaining her attention would be if ended up first in the class." She shuts her book and sets it aside with a soft thud.

This earns a snort form Taehyung and Mei sighs at his stubbornness. 


"Why are so against me liking Sooyoung?"

“I don’t mind-“

”Then?”

Mei really didn't have anything against Taehyung dating. He was her best friend. He deserve to be happy... however she doubted that he'll truly find happiness with Sooyoung. Her eyes soften. turning gentle and genuinely concerned for her lovesick friend. "I'm saying this because I care for you. I'm your friend but I'm also her sister." She pauses looking deeply into his eyes." I know how things usually end up when it comes to her... And You'll only end up getting hurt."

__________________

Even after all these years, the way he looks at her hasn’t changed. Mei sighs once more. “That love struck idiot just doesn’t listen” she mutters softly so no one can hear.

She continues to watch silently as Sooyoung repeatedly thanks Taehyung for the opportunity and she watches as he compliments her in return.But Mei says nothing as they carry their conversation. Her ears literally tune out their conversation. She’ won’t interfere... Just like she didn’t on that day.