Chapter 4

Forget Me Not

Sehun arrived at the dorm feeling a multitude of emotions but the one that stood out the most was hurt.  He kept replaying the past two hours of his life and couldn’t believe this is where he and Tao were at now.  The image and feel of Tao’s hand pulling away from his in disgust made him numb inside.  It was torture for Sehun to even remain in the room and see the googly eyes his boyfriend was giving to someone else, the absolute adoration that was solely for him was being bestowed unto his best friend.

This must be my karma for something, I wronged someone and this is life’s way of getting me back.  Sehun ignored the looks from his band mates primarily Jongin’s deep stare of concern but felt guilt, because they were just as worried as he was.



“How’s Tao?” Chanyeol’s deep voice finally spoke up, placing his arm around Sehun.



“Awake.”  Sehun shrugged the man off of him turning to walk towards his room before Chanyeol continued, ignoring his maknae’s obvious rudeness.   “Where’s Baek?”



Sehun gritted his teeth and stopped in his tracks before responding “With Tao.”



The others looked just as confused as Chanyeol.  “But why is he with Tao and you’re…” Chanyeol couldn’t even continue the question before Sehun yelled out.



“Because I’m a horrible ing boyfriend that’s so forgettable I can be replaced with one of my best friends!  He doesn’t remember that we were together!  He thinks that he’s with Baekhyun, he replaced every memory we had with ing Baekhyun of all people!” Sehun threw his head back to stop himself from crying; it was as if all the anger, sadness, and confusion were trying to come out from his eyes.  He felt someone step closer but he backed away.  “Just give me a moment guys.  I’m sorry.  It’s just…”  He finally was able to walk away   Please don’t cry, please don’t cry.  Sehun couldn’t explain his emotions a lot of times, he hated showing any weakness, and it’s so unlike him.  Tao didn’t care about being perceived as weak and Sehun thought it made him even stronger, Tao embraced whatever emotions he was feeling.  God, I miss him so much and he doesn’t even remember anything we had.



He was finally alone in the room he shared with Suho and still refused to break down.  He thought the worst feeling in the world would be losing Tao to his injuries but instead, he has to live in a world where Tao chose to forget him.



The soft knock on the door wasn’t surprising and he had a feeling it was going to be one of two people at the door.   “Don’t come in.  Seriously, I’m okay guys.



The door opened anyways ignoring the maknae words.  “Hun?”



“Baek informed us of what’s going on and it’s going to be okay.”  Suho was unsure if it was okay to touch Sehun or not but went with it.  He wasn’t considered the mama of EXO for nothing as he laid his hand on his shoulder.  “He’s going to remember, do you think our Panda will forget his ‘Sehunnie?’” Suho added with a small smile.



“I’ve always had a fear of being forgotten.  I know I’m destined to do great things but one day someone will forget me and its happening; it’s like living my worst nightmare.”  Sehun whispered into the room but Suho caught it and he felt the sadness radiating off of him.  “Of all people he could’ve chose…”



Suho raised his eyebrows at that statement.  “Would you have rather he forgot you and ended up with Minseok?”  Suho let out a small laugh but needed to know understand what wasn’t being said.



“He had a small crush on Baekhyun when we were first put together but we know how Baek jokes and Tao slowly got over it.  Su, what if he never remembers me?  How can I be expected to see Baek in my place?”  Sehun felt anger towards his friend but he knew it was irrational.



“I’m sure it’s not easy for Baekhyun either, neither of you asked for this.  What are the doctors suggesting?”



“Slowly remind him of what we had but it’s almost as if he’s afraid of me.  I took his hand and he pulled away and asked me to leave.  I wanted to yell out to him that I’m the one in love with him; I’m the one that wants to spend the rest of my life with him.  It’s me! “Sehun’s voice started cracking at the end of his sentence.



Suho wrapped his arms around Sehun’s waist as the tears he was holding were finally freed.  “It’s going to be okay, it’s courting him all over.  You’re not competing with Baekhyun because it’s not easy for him either.  He’s always only seen Tao as his little brother and we ALL are aware of his crush on Yeol, well, minus Yeol.  We got your back and will not let you endure this alone; you’ll get your Taozi back.”



Sehun wiped his face against Suho’s shirt ignoring his complaints.  “So, you guys know huh?”



“Yeah and you know we will do what we can to help and stop Baekhyun’ s evil scheme.” Chanyeol piped in laughing.



“Evil scheme, really Loey?” Minseok shook his head at his band mate.  “Sehun whatever you need from us, you know we’re here.”



“Yes, maybe this is an evil plot for Baekhyun to get into the Panda’s... Ouch!  Why the hell did you just hit me Soo?”



“That wasn’t me.” Kyungsoo piped in trying to hide his smirk.



Chanyeol looked at him but noticed the smile on Jongin’s face.  “Jongin!  You betray me like this!  You’ve been with your boyfriend way too long.  I can’t believe you hit me like that.”  He feigned hurt and shock but seeing Sehun half smiling was all worth it.



”Pow-wow in Sehun’s room huh?”  A voice rang out as everyone turned around.



Home wrecker!” Chanyeol yelled out as the room collectively rolled their eyes.



Baekhyun looked around the room and his face fell.  “Really you guys?  You know I would never do that. Sehun, I don’t know what’s going on and wish it was one of my stupid pranks but I couldn’t even pull off a car accident.



Sehun walked closer to Baekhyun and gave his hyung a hug.  “I know you didn’t cause this but it doesn’t make it hurt less.  I mean, I just have to watch my boyfriend with someone else. “Sehun laughed uncomfortably.



“Tao wants me to go back and spend the night…” He whispered out to the room.  “His parents told me I didn’t have to and I tried to get out of it but he started being all… you know Tao like.  He wants to see everyone tomorrow.”



”Did he ask about me?” Sehun was going to avoid asking this question but he needed to know.



Baekhyun worried his bottom lip debating if he should mention Tao’s fears to him.  “He... God, this you guys.”  He rubbed his face and Chanyeol grabbed his best friend knowing how much he hated seeing anyone hurting.  “What’s going on Byun?”



“He made me promise not to tell you Hun and this is going to be hard but he felt… scared when you took his hand.  I’m sorry.  I’m so sorry Sehun.”  Baekhyun grabbed his friends and easily cried just from giving him the news.  He debated if he should tell him and he felt bad betraying Tao but seeing Sehun’s red eyes, he needed to know everything he was dealing with.



The rest of the group looked on as Baekhyun’s silent tears streaked their maknae shirt and enveloped him.  “Well, on the positive side, Tao’s not dead.” Chanyeol offered to break the sad tension.



Thanks for reading!