1st Lover

The Silent Lover

'I wish for the one who that I like to love me.' Is the thought that I always think in my head. Always. I have been known for the girl who has been a through out high school and the girl that will never be in a relationship. I have always cherished my sisters and friends. Having guys that want to actually date them and be with them. In my case, I am a little different. I do not know if I am just too ugly or maybe I am just too clueless to the people around me. I have always been the one to fall deeply in love with the guys in school, party, or maybe in the bus. But I always lose that chance because of something stupid I say or they just do not like me back. Every guy I like just reject me before giving me a chance. Or maybe I reject myself for them. I am too afraid of me being rejected. I do not want to be rejected. I just want to marry the guy I like and live happily, but it is easier said than done. I have never been in a relationship, so for me to have this fantasy of being married soon..... Is just a damn lie that I keep telling myself. It has been hard for me, because I see the guys I love just fading and slipping from my fingers and loving other people. I always kept quiet and let their love grow and grow. So I call myself a silent lover. And it is not because I am unable to speak, but because of the fear of rejection. I am Lee Jieun and I am speechless. I can not speak, no I have never spoke in my life. I guess speaking is not for me. I'm the type to be the loud girl in class and the funny girl that everyone likes, but secretly and lowkey i can not talk to guys that I like. It has been hard for me. But I tell you, for the guys who do like me I turn them down. Not because of how they look or how they dress, but because I do not znd can not force myself to like them and it will be hard. But to tell you a little truth they are not good looking.

I brought out the house key out my wallet and unlocked the door. It seems like no one is home. I live with my aunt, uncle, and their son to commute to school. They are not really relatives, but they are close family friends. I quietly and slowly closed the door and climbed up the stair, sighing of relief that I am alone. It has been hard living without my two sister, two brothers, and parents, but it is even harder to live with their annoying son. I walked in my room, which was on the left and shut the door. I then jumped and laid on my bed. 

"So, relaxing." I let out. It is tiring commuting from here to Seoul University, but the amount of money they are asking for to live on campus is ridiculous. I pulled out my phone out of my back pocket on my jeans and unlocked my phone. Okay who texted me. I scrolled through my missed called and noticed that Aunt Yoona called me. What could it be? I called back and waited for her to pick up. Aunt Yoona is the owner of the house, the wife of Uncle Woohyung and the mother of Jiyong. The Kwon family. They have been close to my family before I was born. Their son is 26, but acts like an 6 years old. I rolled my eyes. Aunt Yoona is like a mother to me, so I call her Umma, but her son is definitely not a brother to me; he is just a bother to tell you the truth.

"Hm, Jieun." Aunt Yoona called out my name. I curved up a smile like she could see me of how happy I am to hear her voice. Usually I always come back from school to an empty house. No one is usually home. This house is just not lively so I try to go home every weekend to see my family. "Can you be a sweetheart and boil rice for the house?" She asked. I mean I have no problem of boiling rice for her, but I am just too tired to get up from bed and wash rice and etc. I shook my head.

"Yes, Umma. I will boil the rice." I said formerly. Usually when you talk to your mother you do not sound this formerly as the way I am talking. I call her Umma to make her happy, because she does not have a daughter just sons and I have heard that sons are a lot of work.

"I am buying some chicken and kimchi and you know without rice, we will not have a nice meal." She addded. "I just want you guys to eat something good today." She continued. Usually I just eat chips and ramen nothing else. Aunt Yoon is usually at work and her husband does not touch anything in the kitchen, so does their son so pretty much that is all I can eat. I will cook myself, but I am too busy to even boil a pot of rice. She hanged up after we said our goodbyes. 

I sighed and rolled on my bed. What do I have to do today? Ah I have biology homework. And also math. I am a smart student says everyone, but the only problem I have is doing the work. The tests and quizzes are like ABC.

"knock knock." A male voce stated. I knew who the person is. He does not knock he just says it. He does not even ask to come in. He barges in. So, if you ask me do I not the person and I said yes, then I am totally a liar. That person is definitely Jiyong. I closed my eyes and  and turned around hoping that if I do not say anything he will go like a smart boy he can be. But, no it did not make him leave as what I thought. He opened the door and walked towards me. Then, he stayed quiet. I wanted to act like I was waking up, but I am too curious of what he was going to do next. He then jumped on top f me and laid on me and I quickly opened my eyes.

I sighed. "Young, Jiyong what do you want?!" I said. Though Jiyong is 26 and I am 18, I did not had to speak formerly to him. Well, I did say he act just like a 6 years old. He laughed and rolled off of me and laid on the other side of the bed. I sighed heavily.

"Why you always pretending that you are asleep?" He asked his dried lips and repositioning himself till he felt comfortable. "Well, never mind that. Do you want to come with me somewhere?" He added. Where does he want to take me this time. I smiled and rolled my eyes. He always trying to go somewhere. A few weeks ago we went rock climbing. Well, he did. I just took a video.

*A few weeks ago*

I was just minding my business watching the Korean Drama "Prison Playbook", and started laughing at the scene when the guys were scheming viciously to get hot waters for noodles. Until, something or should I say someone unpleasant caught my attention.

"Son, let us go rock climbing today." Jiyong demanded. You see Jiyong does not call me by my name Jieun. He use the word Son as my name. It is something like someone close to him he says. I ignored him and continued to stare at the tv and laughed to throw him off. Maybe he will take the hint and leave. Nah, that is not him. He walked towards my direction and stop till he blocked my eyes from even looking at the tv. This crazy....du

"Yah! Move out my way. I am at a funny part." I yelled and he just stood there. No movements and not even a reply. I do not understand why he wants me to go rock climbing with him out of the blue. I stood up and moved to another couch and replayed the scene that I have missed and laughed. He walked in front of me and stopped and blocked my eyesight with his presence. "Yah!"

"Yah?" He replied. "I said let us go rock climbing." He repeated. This guy did not even ask me what I am doing today to ask me nor did he ask me 'can you go rock climbing with me'. This fool just demanded like I have nothing to do in life, but follow him. I sighed and nodded my head. I do not know if he is just dumb or just stupid. He moved in closer and smiled. "Come on." He added.

*Back to the present*

So as you can see I went rock climbing with him, because I am a nice person. I rolled my eyes and faced the opposite direction from him. "Where is it?" I asked

"Uh, so I will pay for you." He said. Pay for me. Oh please this cheap boy paying something for is just a joke. He is too broke. Like the time he was suppose to buy me ice cream a month ago.

*A month ago*

"So remember the time I told you that I was going to buy ice cream. This could be the day." Jiyong said. It is October and he told me about this around August. Something sounds fishy. But, I did not care and wanted the ice cream. So, I said.

"Sure, let us go." I replied. It still seems suspicious the fact that he is talking about this ice cream joint out of no where. Maybe I am probably going to end up paying for it. I sighed. "You are paying right." I added and he nodded to my statement.

"Just give them this poster and yeah." He said.

"What is this?" I questioned.

"See I just saw this on snap. If you have blonde hair, then you can get a small ice cream for free or things for less. And you are in luck. I have blonde hair." He proudly says.

"You said you just found out." I said.

"Just now." He replied.

"You are broke. You know that." I added.

He smiled and said. "What you mean?"

*Back to the present*

So, for him to willingly say he will pay for whatever he wants to go to. Is just another joke. 

"Go skydiving with me." He demanded. I do not know if this boy is trying to kill himself or he is just too stupid.

"No, go die by yourself." I got up and left the room to boil the rice Aunt Yoona wanted me to make.

To tell you the truth. I will go everywhere with this guy. Because I think. Well, I think I kind of like him.

_______________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hi guys. I hope you enjoy the chapter. Sorry that I have been late to post the first chapter, but I will try my best to post every week. One of my co-writers accidently posted the wrong chapter. Please leave comments. I love comments and I would like to know what you are thinking. Thank you for reading!!!!!!