Two

Of Wind and Gold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So you mean to say you don't even know where your brother is?!" Chanyeol said, irritably.

It was 9 pm, and the small town had already quietened down.

"Noooo. If I had known, I'd have sneaked in somehow."

"That's troublesome. How about your uncle’s house?"

"Uncle has asked me not to go, for the time being." Kiwook said. 

"Then, isn't it suspicious?" 

"Not really. As much as brother and I dislike him, he dislikes us too..."

"Okay." Chanyeol blinked, wondering what kind of a person this 'Uncle' was. "So, where is it? How do we get there?"

"It's a very long walk and it's dark. I do not recommend going there now."

Chanyeol thought for a while, then continued. "If I let you in on a secret, you wouldn't tell anyone else, would you?"

"A secret?" Kiwook smiled a little smile.

"Yeah, a secret. Tell me what you want."

"What do I want?" Kiwook was confused about what Chanyeol had just said.

"Yeah...? What do you want in exchange of keeping the secret?"

"I-I don't want anything, Uncle Chan.” Kiwook blinked. “I just want my brother to be okay."

Chanyeol was stunned at his sincerity and love towards his brother, and smiled.

"Okay, then. I'll help your brother, but you're gonna have to keep my secret, okay?"

"Deal!"

Chanyeol began to take his coat off, and the little boy's eyes widened, almost in slow motion, at what lay ahead of him.

"UNCLE CHAN!” He said, eyes beaming with wonder, and awe. “OH GOD. I THOUGHT, I THOUGHT YOU WERE JOKING ABOUT THE WINGS!!"

Magnificent-looking silverish wings and bits of gold here and there, made of long, beautiful, soft-looking feathers adorned Chanyeol's strong back. They looked soft- softer than the clouds which appeared in the summer sky. And Kiwook wanted to touch them. He almost did, albeit Chanyeol stopped him. Only Baekhyun was allowed to touch his wings.

"Ahhh, much better." Chanyeol said folding his long coat. It was difficult to keep wearing the coat when two massive wings, such as those, lay behind them. But, Chanyeol and rest had adapted to it.

"So this is why you wore the long coats?!?" Kiwook said out. Chanyeol smirked as he lifted his head just a little bit. Kiwook had never been this excited and curious at the same time. “Ohhh, Uncle Chan! I can’t believe my eyes! Are these real wings?”

"Of course they’re real, you brat. Why would I wear fake wings, then cover them up with this long coat?"

"WHOAAAA." Kiwook was still excited as ever. "Are you an angel, Uncle Chan?"

"Um...Not really, Kiwook" Chanyeol said, as he smiled awkwardly.                           

"Then?"

"I'll tell you about it, later. Come on, let's go find your brother." Chanyeol said as he picked up Kiwook, fluttered his wings twice and set off.

Kiwook had closed his eyes, in fear that Chanyeol wouldn't be able to carry him, but he was wrong. When he opened his eyes, every house looked smaller, their lights looking like stars. It looked like he was looking at a dollhouse. Kiwook enjoyed the beautiful wind to his face.

"So, then. Which way should I go?" Chanyeol said as he noticed Kiwook looking in all directions curiously.

"You see the light house over there?" Kiwook said. "Uncle's house is right behind it."

Chanyeol's flying skills were over the top, and his strength and stamina were unmatched. Chanyeol could even carry a full grown man and fly tens of kilometres without resting for once. His night vision, however, wasn't the best. He always let Baekhyun take care of that. 'I wish you were here too, Baek.' Chanyeol said to himself as he thought of Baekhyun and the rest of his family.

"Uncle Chan! There. That house!" Kiwook said out pointing his finger to a certain house right behind the light house, like Kiwook had said.

 Chanyeol landed onto the ground,and placed themselves house strategically behind the tower of the lighthouse, which looked towards the house. The lights inside were , and smoke came out of the chimney. A sweet smell of apple pie came drifting from inside. Someone had been baking.

"Is that your aunt?" Chanyeol asked, sniffing a little. “Smells delicious.”

"That's strange." Kiwook said.

"What's strange?”

"Auntie doesn't cook and neither does uncle. My elder brother does. When he's not there, uncle takes the barbeque out. But the barbeque isn't lit. But...isn't brother...sick?" Kiwook said. "Let's go in, Uncle Chan."

"Wait, Kiwook." Chanyeol grabbed his hand. "When was the last time you came here?"

"Umm...more than a month back."

Chanyeol thought for a while. "Could it be that your brother had been home, all this time?" he added.

Kiwook's eyes widened. "I-I don't know. Let's go in, Uncle Chan. I want to see brother now!" Kiwook got rid of Chanyeol's hand and got up.

"WAIT, KIWOOK!" Chanyeol was loud this time. "We can't just go in lik-" By the time Chanyeol could even say anything, Kiwook got up and ran. "-like this." Chanyeol sighed.

"Hyung!! HYUNG OPEN THE DOOR." Kiwook banged on the door.

"You're so stupid, Kiwook-aah." Chanyeol said, putting his coat back on, and standing behind Kiwook, his hands on the smaller's shoulders.

"Wookie? Is that you?" A warm voice sounded from inside the house, but the door didn't open.

"Yes hyung it's me!!! Open the door, please. I want to see you." Kiwook spoke with twice the force.

After a pause, the voice continued, "Wookie-aah. If uncle finds out, you'll be in trouble. Please leave now."

"But I've come this far, hyung. Just for you. Please open the door, hyung."

"I can't , Wookie-aah. I'm sorry. Please just go."

Chanyeol was getting slightly impatient, by then. "Can I just break the door, Kiwook?" Chanyeol prompted.

"Wookie, do you have someone with you?" Kiwook ignored his brother.

Kiwook’s face had doubt embedded in it, but a glimpse of determination appeared on his face. He looked at Chanyeol and nodded, gesturing him to do what he suggested.

Chanyeol grasped the door handle and pushed it.

"What are you doing, Kiwookie, you'll get in trouble.” The voice inside echoed with worry as the door made cracking noises. “Oh my god. Why don't you ever liste-”

Bam! The door broke, and fell. Just like that.

A beautiful black haired man with button like eyes stared at the door, which was now broken and lying on the floor. He wore a mixed expression of worry and fear, and an apron with a pink and orange chevron pattern. One of his hands had a floral pattern-bearing oven gloves on. He was also wearing a shawl-like cloth under the apron, which looked sort of weird on him. It came all the way down to the floor on the backside. As adorable as he looked, things weren’t as fine as they should have been. The young man had chains around the ankles of his feet, and his wrists were visibly bruised. His eyes too, seemed sunken- like he hadn't slept properly in a long time.

"HYUNG!!!!" Kiwook ran towards his elder brother and embraced him.

"Why are you such a brat, Wookie." The elder said, as his eyes teared

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter