IT'S URGENT

THE SOLDIER'S WIFE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Seungwan walks through the door sweating and panting. Her mother quickly rushes over.

“Sooyoung already told me what happened. Is she okay?”

“Aside from fainting due to being shocked and scared, I think she’s okay. She just needs some rest.”

“Okay, you can take her on up.”

“What?” Seungwan says in disbelief.

“Sorry honey, but neither Sooyoung or I can do it. This is what happens when you have muscles.”

Seungwan sighs in disbelief as she looks at the staircase.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Panting and huffing, Seungwan reaches the top of the stairs. With a last surge of energy, she goes to her brother’s room and places Joohyun on the bed.

She tucks her in before stepping back to wipe the sweat dripping from her face. She lets out a deep breath.

“How can you just leave and go to war leaving your wife to fend for herself against these crazy wolves. 8 months and still not back yet. Argh. I'm so going to give it to you when your gets back.” She mumbles before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun wakes up to find herself neatly tucked in bed. She looks around to find that it's already a bit after 9 AM already.

Recalling yesterday’s events she grabbed the blanket pulling it to her chest still a bit scared but then she remembers Seungwan protecting her and scaring the creepers off. She remembers crying and that was it. She’s not sure how she even got home.

She shakes her head and gets up.

After taking a bath and fixing herself, she walks downstairs. She is greeted by a worried Sooyoung.

“Unnie, are you okay? How are you feeling? Are you hurt anywhere?”

“I’m fine. Are you okay?”

“I’m okay. Thank goodness Seungwan unnie was there.”

“Uh, Sooyoung-ah?”

“Yes, unnie?”

“Um, what happened? How did I get home? I don’t remember.”

Sooyoung pulls her over to sit at the kitchen table. “You see, after we all left, Wan unnie said you must’ve been really scared because you fainted. So, she carried you all the way home.”

“Oh.”

“Yeah. Luckily it was Seungwan unnie that carried you up the stairs too. If it was mom or I, we would’ve dropped you down the stairs. She also told us not to bother this morning that’s why we didn’t come wake you. She said to let you rest today.”

“Ah. Where did she go?” Joohyun asks looking around.

“Oh, she didn’t tell you? She started working at a restaurant. I think since oppa isn’t here she’s trying to make sure we have enough money for food and other things.”

“Other than the night of the wedding, I haven’t really been able to talk to her. She always seems busy.”

“Yeah, Wan unnie is like that. She tends to be quiet when she’s stressed out. She thinks we don’t know by blinding us with her smile so we don’t worry about her but every time she’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter