School Meal Club (2/2)

Trouble Comes In Threes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A pile of pillows waddled into the living room. Sana hurried up for help, but before she could reach the pile, it tripped, revealing Chaeyoung with a grin on her face. “We can make a pillow fort now!” she announced, enthusiasm laced with her voice.

Sana crouched down, pulling the kid up to her feet, before checking everywhere for any injuries. “I’m fine, the pillows cushioned the fall,” the young child reassured, patting Sana’s head, just like Dahyun would to her when she got worried about anything.

 

Mina was making popcorn in the kitchen with the youngest of the three sisters. Nayeon’s “no cooking” instruction playing at the back of her head, but she couldn’t deny Tzuyu a request. Plus, how bad could making popcorn in the microwave go.

 

Momo was in charge of finding the movie and getting it ready. Once done, she helped Dahyun fetch the snacks from the pantry, getting herself a bowl of cereal as she did. Jeongyeon had called when they reached their destination, just safety measures, and probably at Nayeon’s gunpoint.

 

They all huddled on the living room’s floor, Sana and Mina at the far sides, while Momo sat next to Sana, with Dahyun sitting on her lap, and Chaeyoung and Tzuyu cuddling next to Mina. Each of them had her own bowl of popcorn, along with all the other snacks Dahyun had grabbed for them. As soon as they made sure everyone was comfortable in their spot, Momo pressed the play button.

 

Barely thirty minutes into the movie, and Mina was already on her nth patrolling glance, making sure that no one is uncomfortable or bothered. She caught Sana’s eyes from across the room, the light from the T.V screen illuminating their faces, and beamed at her, her gums showing. Sana smiled back, her eyes turning into crescents and her cheeks puffing slightly as she did. A muffled yawn broke their trance, and both looked at the source, before breaking into silent snickers. Of course Momo would be the first to start dozing off.


 

“Satang,” Chaeyoung called as the ending credits started rolling, catching all of the older girls’ attention. Sana grabbed the remote from Momo’s hand, and paused the movie.

“Is everything okay?” Mina coaxed, caressing the young child’s short locks.

“I, no, Tzuyu and I have a question.”

“What is it, princess?” Sana asked, prompting Chaeyoung to keep talking.

“Are you and Mitang and Momoring together?” Chaeyoung asked, her head tilted to the side like a puzzled puppy.

“Yes, we are all roommates.”

“No, I mean, are you together like how mom, mommy, and Nabongs are?”

If it were under other circumstances, the babysitters would have laughed their hearts out at Chaeyoung calling her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter