School Meal Club (1/2)

Trouble Comes In Threes
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: jline are the same age. 3mix are all older than them, nayeon being the oldest: older than jeong by a year and older than jihyo by two years.

Sana was looking down at her trainers as she waited for the bus. Her hands were tucked in her pockets, and her hair was pulled up in a messy bun, the afternoon breeze messing with her bangs. Nayeon had called her earlier that day, asking her if she could babysit the trio while they attend a work dinner. She sounded reluctant, and Sana couldn’t blame her for it; she didn’t decline the offer either, being broke from spending extra money on some lab equipment she had accidentally broke during an experiment.

The bus would drop her at the other side of the city, two blocks away from Nayeon’s apartment, a walk long enough to start regretting her life choices. The trio, despite being the cutest kids she had ever laid her eyes on, was so hard to deal with, and she knew she was up for a tough ride.


 

The last time she babysat them, she got herself a nasty bruise, broke her nose, and almost burned the house down.

 

-

 

It was Nayeon’s birthday the following morning, and the girls really wanted to do something for their mom. Thus, they huddled on the living room’s floor, and put up their best puppy faces to convince Sana that they should prepare their mommy a treat. She tried to say no, but the pout on Chaeyoung’s face made her give in. She left her and Dahyun at home, to look after Kookeu, as she took Tzuyu with her to buy the ingredients needed to make chocolate chip cookies.

They were walking down the street when Tzuyu spotted a ‘cube Kookeu,’ -Tzuyu called every dog she saw Kookeu-, and she started running as fast as a six-year-old could to reach the puppy and pat it. Of course, Sana freaked out, so she dashed after the girl, and ran knee-first into a bike.

 

As for her nose, well, after their visit to the grocery store, limping her way back home, and applying ice to her injury, she put on a brave face and an apron, -on each of the kids too-, to start making the dough. Almost done, Dahyun thought it would be fun to smear some flour across Chaeyoung’s face. Little did she know, Chaeyoung seeked revenge right away, grabbing the entire bag and pouring it over her older sister’s head. Sana had to breathe in through the nose, and out through the mouth for the following fifteen minutes. She put the cookies in the oven, and dragged Dahyun into the bathroom. She was struggling to get her into the bath, when she slipped and fell, face-first.

Burning down the house was more of a side effect of the flour accident; too busy with Dahyun and her own bleeding nose, she forgot all about the cookies in the oven.

 

-

 

She had a couple of minutes to waste before the bus arrived, which allowed her to wonder why would Nayeon call her and not Mina, after the disastrous result of recruiting her the previous time. As though on cue, Mina showed up with Momo trailing right behind her. She looked down at her outfit, and then up at Momo, “we’re wearing the same tracksuit.”

The oldest of the three lifted her head, staring at her for a couple of seconds, before gasping in surprise.

“Don’t mind her, she’s half asleep and hungry,” Mina noted.

 

Sana already had her arm around Mina’s waist when she finally asked, “and what are you two doing here?”

“Heading to Nayeon’s, with you.” Mina replied, ushering Momo to stand closer to them. The older girl obliged, like an obedient child.

“Why?”

“‘Cause she has three kids, and you won’t manage by yourself.” Mina explained.

“And because they don’t trust you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter