Irrisistible

It's You

 

 

"Saranghanda" 

 

A tear dropped from her eye making a trail down the bridge of her nose to her cheeks. He brought her in for a hug as he too shed a tear. His feelings so real so intense he almost couldn't breathe but a small smile lifted the corner of his lips. This is where they belonged, in each others arms.

 

"Cut!"

 

They looked at each other still in the moment, he fixed her hair behind her ear and gave her a small smile which she returned to him. 

 

"That's a wrap! Great work once again Boyoung and Hyungsik." 

 

They left the scene thanking the crew along the way. Before Boyoung went into her changing room Hyungsik grabbed her arm gently and turned her towards him. 

 

"Can we meet tomorrow?"  He asked in a serious tone. Hyungsik was always cheerful and happy so his tone of voice made her look up towards him and search his face for any clue of why he would want to meet. 

 

"Sure," she said. "Who else will be coming along?" 

 

"It will just be you and I tomorrow. Are you ok meeting at my place?" He asked cautiously. "If not we can meet at your place or a park or restaurant."  He paused for a moment, still looking her straight in the eye "It's just that there's something I want to to talk to you about."  

 

She hit him lightly on his arm. "Of course I'm ok meeting you at your place." She said with a teasing laugh. 

 

He grinned back "I'll pick you up." 

 

As she changed and packed up in her changing room Boyoung couldn't help but wonder what Hyungsik wanted to talk to her about. She thought back to the last "serious" conversation they had. 

 

"Could it be?" She whispered to herself. Her heart skipped a beat. If it was, how should she respond? "No. I already talked him out of it. He was just joking when he said he would get back to me about it." She shook her head and headed back home.

 

--- 

(A few weeks ago) 

 

They were laughing in the van on the way back from the beach. 

 

"Can you believe Mr Lee wanted us to do the kiss again? He really likes to tease us." Hyungsik laughed. 

 

"I know right? And the staff like to tease us that we are dating? They are ridiculous." She tilted her head back in laughter. When she looked his way he wasn't laughing along but was staring at her. 

 

He leaned forward and touched her arm with one hand as the other hand reached out to fix her hair behind her ear. Her heart always skipped a beat when he did that and she had to control her composure every time he came in close. His touch always felt warm but she always acted cool. 

 

"Is it that bad if we date?" He asked as he continued to fix her hair. His hand continued to stay up as he looked at her, waiting for an answer. 

 

She gave a stiff laugh as she took his hand an out it back on his lap.

 

"It's not that, Hyungsik. We are on set, filming. It's a great drama and script and we are having a good time in the moment acting as Do Bong Soon and Ahn Minhyuk." 

 

Hyungsik leaned back in his seat listening intently to her explanation.  He crossed his arms and observed her. "Indeed this woman is set in her ways and it will be hard to persuade her otherwise." He wanted to grin but he gave a serious look as she continued. 

 

"It's always like this on  set. Actors are close because they spend time together and they have a good time and laugh but that's it. Once the filming is over. Everyone moves on. It's easy to get carried away in the moment." 

 

"So you mean, when we laugh and talk when I look at you and touch you. You don't feel anything? What we have between us now is just a friendship on set?" He asked curiously raising his eyebrows.  "I think you know how I feel about you. I care a lot about you. I want to be by your side all the time and you're not pushing me away. And I don't think you or I have behaved this way on any other set before." 

 

He moved in closer to her and unexpectedly wrapped on arm around her waist and pulled her in. His face a mere inch away from hers. 

 

"Are you saying that you don't feel anything when we are this close? I don't think we are just friends and I don't think you let just any get close to you." 

 

She didn't say a word but stared back at him she didn't let on how his closeness left her breathless and made her heart beat faster. 

 

"Hyungsik, you might think you like me now but you'll soon realise it's just feelings you have on set and it will die away." 

 

"Ha! All right then." He loosened his grip on her waist and move back slightly. He knew it would be hard to change her mind but he also knew that he was getting somewhere. 

 

The past weeks of filming they become so close sharing jokes and encouraging each other and spending time together on set. He liked to think it was possible that she could like him back too.  He couldn't pin point exactly when it was -  perhaps before he even met her in person,  but he's never felt this way about any woman before. The more he spent time with her and got to know her, she wasn't just beautiful outside but inside too. He wanted to touch her and hold her. He didn't want to leave her side and wanted to protect her and help her. But he also loved how confident and strong she was even though it was this trait keeping her from admitting that she has some feelings for him too. 

 

"I'm going to come back in a few weeks and ask you to date me and you better say yes. I know my feelings will not change." He wagged his finger at her teasingly. 

---

 

"What's wrong with me? Why am I allowing these feelings to grow?" She thought to herself as she got in the car to head home.  

 

She thought she just wanted to be a good Sunbae and help him out giving advice and encouragement because she heard he was intimidated. But the more they spent time together  the more she realised they clicked so well and had so much in common. She never felt so comfortably with any man this way before. She found herself constantly glancing his way. When he reached out to her to touch her arm or fix her hair butterflies would fly in her stomach. Like the few times he would come close to her face on set she actually felt  so flustered she had to pretend she was playing a game and put her hand to his face. Plus there were so many cameras and crew she didn't want anyone to catch on. Oh and not to mention the scent of him! Sometimes she wondered how someone could be so irrisistable... those hands... those lips.. the temptation to just lay her head on those broad shoulders or that wide hard chest... what would it feel like if they kissed for real? Away from the set and prying eyes...without reservation?? "Andwae, andwae!" She suddenly caught herself before her mind wandered too far. Shaking her head and lightly slapping her face. "Phew. Breathe in breathe out." 

 

She realised she was already home.