Tiffany's leaving

she's leaving.

//Some day,

even if all the days we were together fades away

If you ever hear this song somewhere,

remember this moment//

Listen to this playlist :)

 


A huge wave of apprehension washed over her. She bit her lip and played with her fingers as she stood outside a white door, decorated with cut outs from magazines and polariod pictures. 

She took a step back.

"No. I made a decision and i have to tell her. She mustn't find out from anyone else." Fany gritted her teeth and balled her fists.

As she brought up her right hand to knock on the door, it opened, as if the owner knew Tiffany's dilemma.

"Oh? Fany ah, how long have you been standing there? Come in." The shorter girl placed her hand on Tiffany's shoulder.

Tiffany shuffled in and stood by the bed awkwardly.

"What's wrong?" The shorter girl sat on her bed and patted her side, gesturing for Tiffany to sit beside her.

"I have to tell you something, Taeyeon." Tiffany swallowed audibly.

"What is it?" Taeyeon crossed her legs and gave Tiffany her full attention.

Tiffany breathed in and closed her eyes.

Do it. Tell her. Tiffany let out a breath shakily.

"Are you okay?" Taeyeon reached out to place a hand on Tiffany's, lightly it.

Tiffany opened her eyes and frowned.  "I'm leaving."

Taeyeon raised her brows. "Leaving? To where? Vacation?"

"The group. I am leaving the group." Tiffany could feel Taeyeon tense up, her hand movements stopped abruptly.

"You're what?" Taeyeon's voice came out as a whisper.

Tiffany played with her fingers, head bowed.

Taeyeon scrunched her nose and narrowed her eyes, blinking a few times before a grin appeared on her face. 

"You're joking right?" She playfully shoved Tiffany's shoulder.

"Tell me you're joking?" Taeyeon's grin slowly disappeared, her face fell as Tiffany continued to stare at her fingers.

Taeyeon's eyes shifted to the side and became glazed with a glassy layer of tears.

"But... We will still see each other right? It's not like you're leaving the country or anything." Taeyeon nibbled on her bottom lip. She wouldn't just leave me like that?

Tiffany lifted her head and her sad eyes searched for Taeyeon's. "Taeyeon ah...I'm going to the states to study acting." She pursed her lips.

Upon meeting Tiffany's guilt ridden face, Taeyeon's brows furrowed. She mumbled a curse as beads of water fell down her eyes and her lips trembled. She instinctively covered her face with her palms. The sobs were stifled at first, she tried her best to calm herself down. As much as she was holding it in, the words, 'I'm leaving' rang in her ears and she was overcome by the wave of emotions which caused her to breakdown entirely, all of her defences washed away in those salty tears. She sobbed hard against her palms and she felt hands wrapping around her, a palm her back in an attempt to soothe her.

"You're... leaving... me?" Taeyeon managed to cough out. Tiffany frowned at Taeyeon's voice. All emotions pushed away by profound sadness.

"I'm sorry Taetae." A reply came.

Taeyeon's breaths came in huffs as she opened her eyes. She's leaving me.

Taeyeon gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. She shoved Tiffany away from her and yelled, "Did you even think about me? I bet you didn't. Because you're selfish. Yes, I've said it. You're selfish. I should've known. I've treasured you and treated you like a princess since day one. I buy you the things that you want. I've cheered with you on happy days and cried with you on sad ones. You're my person and you're just going to leave me. Just like that? Did our friendship mean nothing to you? 13 years of friendship down in the gutter just like that?"

Taeyeon was a mess; her breaths ragged, angry tears flowing down her face, dripping from her chin.

"It's not like that.." Tiffany stared at her with apologetic eyes.

"Bull. You're a conceited, self centered ." Taeyeon wiped her face with her sleeve.

"I know you don't mean any of that. You're just clouded with emotions." Tiffany murmured, a tear stealthily escaping from her right eye.

"And what if I do? If you can disregard my feelings, why can't i not care about yours too?" Taeyeon challenged.

"You think I haven't thought about you? You think this was an easy decision to make? You think I won't miss you? You think I want to leave all of you? You don't know how many sleepless nights it caused me. You don't know how many days i had to put on extra make up on my eyes because of the number of times I've cried myself to sleep. You don't know how much this affects me!" Tiffany raised her voice and stood up from the bed

"But you're leaving anyway. So leave, leave me, leave my room, leave my life." Taeyeon threw a pillow at Tiffany's feet.

"Fine!" Tiffany stomped off and slammed the door close.

Taeyeon shoved her face into her pillow and let out a strangled cry. She grabbed the pillow and threw it at the door, before jabbing her fist at the wall continuously.

"Taeyeon! What are you doing?" Sunny hastily opened the door and her eyes widened as she saw blood on Taeyeon's knckles.

She enveloped Taeyeon in a hug. Taeyeon sobbed into Sunny's chest unceasingly, hands clutching at her sleeves. She held her in silence, rocking her gently, patting her back, hoping to give Taeyeon whatever comfort she needs. "There, just let it out. It's okay." Sunny kissed Taeyeon's head and leaned on it.

When Sunny felt Taeyeon calming down and heard her even breaths, she let go of the sleeping girl and let her lie on her bed, before placing a blanket over her. 

 

"Unnie..." Yoona gave Sunny a sad smile. 

Sunny raised her brow in return.

"Tiffany unnie, Sooyoung unnie and Seohyun are not going to recontract." Yoona sighed.

"What?" Sunny's eyes widened.

Yoona nodded solemnly.

"That explains." Sunny frowned and pointed at Taeyeon's room.

 

"Taetae, I want to act too." Tiffany commented as she lifted her head from Taeyeon's shoulder. They were catching re-runs of Yoona's new drama.

"Go forth, no one's stopping you." Taeyeon chuckled.

"You know I've tried asking SM. They've always rejected the idea." Tiffany sighed.

"Well it's not their fault your acting ." Taeyeon grinned.

"Yah! What kind of friend are you!" Tiffany folded her arms and pouted.

"I'm kidding." Taeyeon bumped shoulders with Tiffany.

"Plus I don't know what's the big deal, you could get acting lessons." Taeyeon continued.

She chuckled as her comment earned her a slap on the shoulder.

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." Taeyeon raised both arms in surrender.

 

Taeyeon opened her eyes and stared blankly in the darkness.

The events that occured earlier replayed in her head. A single tear slid down her face and disappeared into her pillow. She sniffed as another tear slid down her face.

She knew that she was being unfair. Especially since Tiffany was leaving the group to pursure her acting career, to get an upgrade in her life.

Taeyeon sat up on her bed and wiped her tears. She wasn't going to be the one to prevent Tiffany from following her dreams.

She left the room to look for Tiffany.

Tiffany was in the living room, her arms around her legs, gazing at the television. She looked up as Taeyeon approached her. 

Taeyeon rushed to Tiffany's side and embraced her tightly. 

"I'm sorry Taetae." Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon.

"No. Don't apologise. I'm the one who should be sorry. I should've cheer you on when you told me that you were going to do what you've always wanted to. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the outburst and I'm sorry for hurting you." Taeyeon sniffed.

"Thank you for understanding Taetae."Tiffany broke the hug and looked Taeyeon in the eyes.

"But promise me."Taeyeon held Tiffany's hand.

"We have to meet each other whenever we can and we have to skype at least once a week." Taeyeon held up her pinky.

"I promise." Tiffany hooked her pinky with Taeyeon's as her signature eyesmile appeared on her face.

 

-END-


 

A/N:

Sorry I couldn't stomach the idea of having an unhappy ending. Anyway sorry for the angst. What a way to rub salt to wounds right :-)

Let's be strong guys. We've survived 930 and we can do this too. 

Anyway I might continue this story as time goes by but who knows right :) 

Also let's brighten up. Theres a TaeyeonxSunmi fic on the way (Well i hope i can at least finish it by this year LOL)

I'm sorry if there were mistakes or if this wasn't well written. It was super spontaneous like I actually decided to write this 2 hours ago lmao and after a few loops of this playlist, this baby was born~ HAHA

I hope yall like it.