Chapter 3: Meet The Team Part 1

Be Careful What You Wish For

 

A/N: Long read. Just a little background on Agent Choi here. ^^

 

-= Chapter 3: Meet The Team Part 1=-





Dara stood still as the man continued his incessant tugging.


“You’re not her,” he finally said after a few, tense seconds.


“Brilliant deduction, Agent Choi. I applaud you for coming this close. Now drop the gun,” said a low, sultry voice behind him, as the sound of a gun being cocked punctuated the command.

 

----------------------



Choi Seung-Hyun, aka Agent TOP almost spat in disgust. How could he have been so wrong?!




He turned slowly, holding his hands up, his gun now hanging by the trigger guard on his index finger.




"Long time no see, Agent Choi," the blonde woman in dark sunglasses said, her words dripping poison, almost daring him to challenge the way she addressed him.




"Not long enough, I see," he drawled back, giving his signature smirk.




"This is what The Bear sends off after me? A half-baked mission? I'm insulted. At least SeungRi was fun," the blonde smirked, cocking another gun and pointing it behind the distressed Dara behind him.




"Whatever. You knew Seungri could never hurt you," the agent said in a voice barely above a whisper.




"Ha! You're pathetic, TOP. All of you are pathetic," she said, turning into an ugly smirk.




"You're the pathetic one. What happened to you?" Agent TOP replied with more emotion in his voice.




"Nothing happened to me. I just woke up," the lady with two guns said.




"Now shut up, Agent Choi and prepare to meet your Maker."




Seung-Hyun closed his eyes, muttering in disgust.

 

 

------------------------------------

 


Two weeks ago...




“Hey, T! Were you called to the meeting too?”



Agent Choi Seung-Hyun, more commonly known as TOP to his fellow agents, looked back to see a muscled young man in a mohawk jog towards him.



“Hey, Bae. Yeah. You too?” he asked his gadget-loving agent as he caught up with him.



“Yep. Wonder what The Bear wants this time,” the younger man mused as they walked towards the tactics room, their direct supervisor and team leader’s preferred meeting place.



They talked for a bit about each other’s missions as they made the ten-minute walk.



“Hello, oppas!” Agent-In-Training Gong Minji greeted them.



Young-Bae and Seung-Hyun greeted back.



Seung-Hyun cringed at their youngest team member’s enthusiasm. Minji was almost jumping up and down on her seat in excitement. For the life of him, he could not fathom the reason why The Bear agreed to have her on the team. Especially to replace her. In his eyes, Minji just wasn't ready.



She was too young.



Too naïve.



Too heartbreakingly innocent.



‘She deserves a better life than this,’ he thought as he watched her talk animatedly to Lee Seung-Hyun, correction, Lee SeungRi aka Victory, another member of their once seven-man team.



Seung-Hyun observed all of them. There were five of them around the table. Five out of the seven.

 

With the exception of Minji, all of five the other agents’ eyes had the same weariness and caution, despite the outwardly happy and care-free appearances.

 

They were all too scarred, too wary, and too tired.



He also knew that with the exception of Minji, all of the agents here were ready to kill any time, without remorse, without regret.



‘And I don’t want her to go through that. I don’t want her to become a second her,’ he thought to himself, looking at her laugh at one of SeungRi’s probably fugly jokes.



Then he heard the door open and he felt the energy of the room suddenly become tense.



“Good evening, glad you all accepted my invitation,” their team leader said, garbed in his usual all-black ensemble.



He opened his mouth to speak, but paused as he stared at one of his team members.



‘Uh-oh. The Bear is going to biyatch out yet again,’ Seung-Hyun thought out again, feeling amusement bubble inside him as he followed their leader’s gaze. It was always fun to see him with his knickers in a twist.



“Agent D-Lite, what the hell is that you’re wearing?” The Bear said in his booming voice.



“Er… Clothes?” Dae-Sung, aka D-Lite, answered in a wry attempt at humor.



“Clothes? They look more like trash to me,” the leader responded.



“What?! But boss, this ‘trash’ I’m wearing costs five hundred thousand won!”



“I don’t fcking care if it’s worth a fckng fortune, I do NOT want to see you wearing trash like that in any of MY future meetings again.”



Dae-Sung, afraid to reap the infamous wrath of the leader did not attempt to answer back, and just hung his head in defeat and muttered a faint, “Yes, sir.”



“But, sir!” Minji’s small voice chirped up.



‘Uh-oh, somebody stop the kid from committing suicide,’ Seung-Hyun thought as he trained his eyes on SeungRi and inclined his head a bit to signal him to stop her from continuing further.



‘I’m trying,’ the younger man mouthed back to him, as Seung-Hyun felt rather than saw him kicking Minji’s legs under the table.



“I don’t think that D-Lite oppa’s clothes are trash!” the only girl spoke up.



Excuse me?” the leader said in his almost-dangerous voice.



“I think he looks really nice in his button down shirt and pants,” she continued despite SeungRi’s now-obvious efforts to shut her up.



When the leader did not answer her, but only raised his eyebrow (one of his danger signs, Seung-Hyun knew from five years of working under the man), Minji thought it was a signal for her to continue.



Quite the opposite of what it really meant. Which was to shut the eff up. NOW.



“Besides, we always look too stiff in these clothes that you insist we wear! Why must we always be in black, three-piece suits with black shoes anyway? It’s like we always dress up for a formal black jacket party!” she continued.



“Ahem, er, Minzy-sshi,” Young-Bae interjected in a low voice. He was seated to Seung-Hyun’s left, opposite SeungRi, Minji, and Dae-Sung.



“I’m not yet finished, Bae-oppa,” she cut him.



Seung-Hyun almost laughed at the incredulous look on Young-Bae’s face. No one called him “Bae” apart from their team members. It was always “Agent Tae-Yang” to the rest of the world. 



Considering that Minji was only made member three days ago, it was quite risqué for the girl to call him that.



‘You have to hand it to her, the girl has guts,’ he mused as she turned back to speak to their leader.



“So yeah, I mean, I’m a girl, but you don’t expect me to wear the clothes you impose, do you? You’re quite unreasonable sometimes, Teddy-oppa!” she finished.



None of the boys dared to breathe as they looked in unison at Park Hong Jun, aka Agent Teddy when he was still a field agent, and now more commonly known as The Bear within the agency.



Seung-Hyun could almost see the nerves twitching in The Bear’s forehead.



They not only called him “The Bear” because of his name.



But because he had the temper to go along with it.



Seung-Hyun watched as The Bear closed his eyes. He could almost see him counting off to ten, trying to calm himself.



Even when Teddy was “The Bear,” and was quite an imposing figure in the agency, it just would NOT do if he shouted at Gong Minji. And all because of one person.



Yang Hyun-Suk.



The Big Boss.



The man behind the agency.



For all his purposes, he might just as well be god.



And incidentally, he was also Minji’s doting uncle.



Teddy turned back, and smiled at Minji.



‘Kinda like the way a shark would smile to a guppy before he eats her,’ Seung-Hyun thought.



“Alright, Minji-ah, I’ll just let that pass and I’ll forget that the words you spoke in the last five minutes ever were spoken. In fact, I’ll be generous and forget that the last five minutes even existed,” he said.



“But one thing, you are in MY team now. MY team follows MY rules. Those who don’t follow MY rules gets booted out and sometimes, they get killed. I made MY rules for a reason. And that is to ensure that all of you return from a mission alive. Less a few working limbs maybe, but alive,” he continued to say in his forcedly calm voice.



“Anyone who does not want to follow my rules can get out right NOW. The door is open,” he said, motioning to the doorway.



“But the door isn’t even op – umffffff…” Minji was about to say something else, but Dae-Sung wisely put his hand over . What he did probably saved her life. She just didn’t know it yet as she stared daggers at him.



“Now, as I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted,” The Bear started so speak again, and Seung-Hyun was relived that nobody was foolish enough to point out that he was the one who distracted himself.



“There has been a change in missions,” he said as the virtual screen lit up behind him and room was plunged into darkness as the lights automatically shut out.



---------------------

 

Ta-da! Update!

I felt guilty that people were commenting but I wasn't updating. TT__TT

So yes, here it is! You have found my secret. If you keep on commenting and subscribing, my conscience pushes me to get off my lazy bum and update. Haha! ^_^

So you've met the rest of the team. Minji is cute ne? XD

Some more on them in the next chappie before we go back to our scared Ssantokki who is caught in the middle between an agent and a mysterious blonde woman. ^^

Read and comment please? ^^

Thank you to everyone who commented and subscribed! Love you guys! <3

Kudos,

~Belle