CHAPTER 36

The Little Girl

                Dabin shot up as she sensed a motion from the hand she had been holding for the past few hours in the air-conditioned room of a hospital. The young female who was laying on the bed slowly opened her eyes. Mrs. Son who sat across Dabin woke up as she dozed off for a while. She gasped. “My daughter is awake!” The young female eyes trailed to Mrs. Son. “Let me get your appa” Mrs. Son ran out from the room.

                The female’s eyes went to Dabin. “Dawon?” Dabin asked. The young female’s lips moved but Dabin couldn’t hear a thing. She moved near to her lips. Her eyes widened at her words.

“Thank you very much!” Dabin bowed. Wendy’s hand gestured to shoo her away. A small smile formed on her pale lips.

                Dabin dashed out of the hospital.

*             *             *

                Dabin push open the house door so hard that it created a loud bang against the wall. Her shoes flew away as she kicked it off roughly in rush. “I’m home!”

                She ran to the slidding door that lead to their garden. The table that was once placed with dolls was empty. Dabin’s steps stopped. Slowly she pushed the sliding door open. A little girl was staring ahead at the pond as she sat at the balcony. Her short legs hung free from the wooden landing. She took another step forward.

 

 

                The little girl turned around. Dawon gave Dabin a sweet smile. “You’re home, eonni”

                Dabin flopped down onto the floor as she sobbed in her palm. “Eonni!” Dawon quickly went to her and held onto her. “You okay, eonni?”

“Yea. I’m just” Dabin looked at her. She cupped her small face. Dawon smiled. “I’m just so happy that you’re back” Dabin’s tears fell. Dawon hugged her tightly. “I’m sorry for making you worry, eonni. I’ll promise not to go missing like that again. And I’ll make you happy”    

*             *             *

                Dawon and Dabin stopped in front of Dawon’s school. Dabin bent down and fixed the ribbon on her head. They exchanged smiles.

“You sure you’ll be okay without your dolls here?”

                Dawon glanced back at her bag. It was empty with no dolls. She bit her lips, trying to hold her tears. She nodded. “I’ll be fine. I’m a big girl now”

                Dabin ruffled her head. “That’s my sister” she smiled proudly.

“Excuse me” a familiar voice called.

                Dabin and Dawon turned to the silhouette as the sunlight masked the person face. They stared at the person. Another silhouette appeared behind her. Dabin straightened up. Dawon smiled. “Wendy eonni”

                Wendy held the diary Dawon had left up to her face. “Found you” she smiled.

“Hi, you two” Seungmi behind her voiced. “Seungmi eonni” Dawon replied.

                Dawon and Wendy looked at each other and exchanged smiles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------THE END-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank u for reading ^^

End: 5th Nov 2017 (23:08)