The Good Boyfriend

Roomies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mom, why is the whole neighborhood invited? I thought this was a family reunion.” Jiyong gritted out, a vein throbbing on his head. After he was ambushed by his cousins Bom and Minzy, he wasn’t in the best of moods. Dara wouldn’t stop giving knowing looks throughout the whole ordeal either. She was clearly enjoying herself while Jiyong suffered.

Gi-ran smiled warmly, ignoring her son’s mood – she was used to them --- and replied, “Well, Kyung Ran heard about it and of course, Dara wanted to see you again, then the rest of the neighbors wanted to see Seungri as well --- so here we are.”

Jiyong’s eye twitched. “Does everybody know about me and Seungri?”

Dami popped out from behind the two, scaring Jiyong out of his wits. “Mostly, yeah.”

“The , Dami! Make a sound when you walk, will you?!”

“Language, Jiyong,” Gi-ran warned, narrowing her eyes at her youngest.

Jiyong looked chastised and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry mom,” he mumbled.

Gi-ran smiled at Jiyong and held his hand. “I’m glad you chose well, dear. Seungri is a wonderful boy. I’ve always thought your fighting was just a whole lot of pulling pigtails.”

His mom looked so genuinely happy. Jiyong bit his lip. It took all of his will to stop himself from blurting out the truth right there and then.

“And he seems to have passed dad’s test, so that’s a giant plus.” Dami added, nodding her head over to Seungri and his dad who were laughing over the grill.

“…that’s new.” Jiyong muttered, eyes not leaving Seungri’s radiant face and the faint twinkle his silver bracelet gave off under the outdoor lights. His dad reached over and gave Seungri’s hair a ruffle. “Dad has never approved of anyone I’ve brought home…”

“Ji, the first person you introduced to him was Hyunseung and you guys just got beat up by a bunch of punks from the local college --- you can’t really expect him to give any points for that. And you know what happened next.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Jiyong replied quietly, still staring at his maknae who found another way to charm yet another person in his family. It wasn’t a negative thought, more of amazement at how Seungri was easy to like. Suddenly, Seungri looked across the yard and saw him staring. The maknae flashed a quick grin at his hyung and gave him a small wave.

Jiyong turned pink and looked away.

“Aww!” Dami squealed, reaching over and giving Jiyong’s cheek a rough squeeze. “You two are just precious.”

“Shut it, noona,” Jiyong muttered, shooting her a glare and trying to pry her manicured hands from his face.

Dami let go and grinned. “But you guys are! Ack. I never

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter