Golden Eye

Halloween Soul Mate Collection Vol. 2

Hongbin scowled slightly as he looked at himself in the mirror. He was not a fan of his golden left eye. It symbolized that there was someone out there looking for him, waiting for him. Someone expected him to be waiting for them, expected him to want a relationship with them.

He didn’t want them, he wasn’t waiting for them, and he would ever want a relationship with them.

He had someone he wanted, someone he would wait for, someone he would always want a relationship with.

Hongbin had met Sanghyuk in kindergarten. The other had gotten him back his bear when some of the other kids stole it. After that they had been best friends. They trusted each other with everything, counted on the other to have their back through anything. It was only natural that they ended up falling in love. Neither had ever really given the whole soul mate thing a lot of credit, not when they had grown up surrounded by people who were perfectly happy in non-soul mate relationships.

And now they were in their twenties, both rocking awesome jobs – Sanghyuk was a dance instructor at an entertainment company and Hongbin was a freelance photographer - and planning their wedding. Their life was almost perfect. And what kept it from being perfect was that Hongbin’s soul mate was out there somewhere. That they could show up on day with dreams of being with Hongbin that didn’t agree with Hongbin’s plans.

Sanghyuk insisted that it was fine. Sanghyuk’s soul mate insisted that it was fine as well, assured him that his soul mate would understand. Hongbin still couldn’t help but worry. Not everyone was as understanding as Taekwoon after all. Not everyone could accept that their soul mate had no interest in even trying to have a relationship with them. Hongbin had heard stories, tales that Sanghyuk and Taekwoon and all their friends insisted weren’t real, of rejected soul mates who did something horrible to themselves or others.

“You really shouldn’t worry so much,” Sanghyuk said, coming up behind him and wrapping his arms around him.

“Can’t help it,” Hongbin huffed, “I don’t want anything to ruin this.”

and nothing will,” Sanghyuk promised.

Hongbin just relaxed in his lover’s arms, hoping that he was right.

A/N: I’ve been wanting to do something like this for a while. Where two people decide to be with someone who isn’t their soul mate. Happy I finally did it. Only one more chapter to go~~~