Forever and Always

All Too Well

 

Mina, 2017 October 14

 

This couldn’t get any better. I opened the hotel room window and I could see that the sky was clear and the sun was shining so bright that I have trouble keeping my eyes open. I took a sip of my coffee and looked at my wedding dress. Yes, this is what I want. This is going to be the happiest day of my life.

As soon as I finished my breakfast, I took a warm bath. For me it felt like a ritual, like after this day, I’m going to be a new person. Finally, I’m going to belong to someone. I’m going to be someone’s wife.

After bathing, I dried myself meticulously. I took the hair blower and comb my hair. I was about to fix my hair when my mother and my stylist came in.

“Oh, I’m so excited for you sweetie.” My mom embraced me tightly. “I can’t believe that you’re finally getting married.”

“I couldn’t believe it either. To be honest, I’m really nervous myself.” I replied.

“Everything’s going to be alright, dear.” She tucked in a strand of hair behind my ear. “Come on. Let’s get yourself ready.”

My mother and the stylist helped me get on my wedding dress. It was surprisingly heavy because of all the fabric and the long train. However, it fit well on me.

“You look stunning.” The stylist spoke to my ear before ordering me to sit down in front of the dresser. She fixed my hair and my make-up diligently. After she was done, I was more than satisfied.

“You look perfect now. I know that the groom wouldn’t be happier once he sees you.” My mom held my face with both her hands and I can feel that she was close to crying.

“Don’t cry mom. I might cry too.” I smiled at her.

“Okay then. I’ll go outside and check on a few things.” My mom smiled before leaving. As she close down the door, a familiar face suddenly came in.

“Wow, you are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen.” My best friend Tzuyu said.

“I’m getting fed up with all the compliments.”

“Well, get used to it. A whole battalion is waiting outside to congratulate you.” She hugged me. “Are you really sure about this?” She asked as she let go of me.

“Of course, I am.” I answered.

“Without any hesitation?”

“Without any hesitation.” I giggled.

“Just be honest with me, if you have the slightest doubt, tell me. We can stop this right now.”

“Tzuyu…”

“I just don’t want you to make any mistake.” She sincerely said to me. “I just think he’s not the one for you.”

“For you. But for me, he’s already the best there is.” I answered reassuringly. “Besides, I couldn’t think of a better man for me.”

 

 

Jinyoung, 2017 October 14

 

Knock knock! Knock knock!

I rolled on my side as a heard someone knocking on my door. My head ached from all the alcohol I drunk last night so I put the pillow on top of my head and ignored the person knocking. As I was about to doze off again, the knocking became louder until the person finally kicked the door open.

“Oh my god, hyung! What the hell are you doing still asleep?! It’s the wedding day!” Yugyeom shouted as he entered my room.

“Get out!” I pulled the pillow tighter over my head because his voice was seriously loud.

“Have you been drinking all night?” He suddenly pulled the bed sheet and the pillow away from me.

“What the heck?” I shouted at him.

“It’s the wedding day man! Get out of your bed and get yourself ready.” He pulled me to the bathroom and I glared at him. “What? You said you’d do this, didn’t you?” He said to me.

“Oh, just shut up!” I slammed the bathroom door in front of his face.

 

As soon as I finished bathing, Yugyeom and I immediately went to his car. I put on my tuxedo and struggled to fix my tie as he drive.

“I couldn’t believe you’d be stupid to oversleep. We’re going to be late for Pete sake’s!” He scolded me.

“Stop shouting.” I’m already having a migraine.

Once we had arrived at the venue, the wedding was about to start. I immediately ran inside and position myself in front of the altar.

“Where were you? You’re late.” Brian who was standing beside me whispered in my ear.

“Sorry, heavy traffic.”

I was fixing my hair when the music began. The door swung open and the flower girls started walking in, followed by the ring bearer and an entourage of bridesmaid with their partners.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. When I opened my eyes, I was greeted with the loveliest sight I had ever seen. Mina was there, walking down the aisle with her left hand wrapped around her father’s arm and the other hand holding a bouquet of flowers. She couldn’t be more beautiful than this. I dreamed of this day for a long time and in this moment, I couldn’t help but be filled with emotions. As she walk flawlessly, our eyes met accidentally and we just can’t take our gaze off of each other. I wouldn’t be able to find a bride more wonderful than you. I thought inside my head.

When she reached the front of the altar, her father hugged her tightly before handing her over to the groom. Brian stepped forward and shook her father’s hand firmly. He took her by her hand and looked into her eyes.

“I love you.” Mina mumbled with her lips as she looked back at Brian.

I lowered my head and closed my eyes once again. I can’t look at them anymore without breaking into tears. My head was hurting so bad that I want to get out of this place and go to the nearest bar to drink myself to sleep.

As the wedding ceremony started, everyone’s attention was pinned on Mina and Brian except for me. All that I can think of is how I can escape this wretched place because of how my head hurts. I kept my eyes close thinking that it would alleviate the pain until I felt someone tap my shoulder.

“Are you okay?” I looked over my shoulder and saw that it was Mina’s father.

“Yes, sir.” I tried to smile at him.

By the moment I looked at the altar, Brian was already placing a ring on Mina’s finger. They were happily looking at each other’s eyes when the priest announced “You are now husband and wife.”

Everybody started clapping and the newly wedded couple kissed each other. I can feel that everyone was happy for them. Mina’s parents cried as if they couldn’t be more proud and happy that their daughter have found the man of her dreams. I wish I can feel the same way as everybody else, but all I can feel right now was the sadness and pain. I can feel my heart tear into pieces and my head felt heavier. And before I knew it, everything around me grew dark.

 

“Hyung, you’re waking up.” I heard Yugyeom’s voice.

“W-where are we? What happened?” I asked as I sat down the bed.

“We're in a hotel room. You fainted right after the wedding.”

“Oh god, no.” I ran my hand through my hair because of frustration. “Did I ruin the wedding?”

“Well, you did make a scene. But don’t worry. After I volunteered to bring you here everyone went to the reception and I believe that they’re having fun now.” He reassured me.

I got out of the bed and checked out my things. I looked in the mirror and fixed myself before motioning Yugyeom to follow me.

“Where are you going?” He asked.

“To the wedding. I still have to take pictures.” I tapped at my camera.

“Are you sure about that?”

“I feel better now.”

“Wow, can’t believe you want to torture yourself even more.”

“I guess so.” I told him before opening the door.

 

When we arrived at the reception venue, everyone had finished dinner. The bride and the groom were already slicing the wedding cake. Brian suddenly took an icing with his fingers and smeared it on Mina’s cheek to which everyone started laughing. I immediately took my camera and started taking pictures.

“What happened to you?” A familiar voice said to me and I turned around to see it was Tzuyu.

“Overworked.” I answered.

“We were all surprised of what happened. You should take it easy.” She said and I nodded.

As the wedding celebration goes on, I took some more photos and a couple glass of wine before calling it a day. I walked outside of the hotel and as I go through the parking lot, a hand suddenly grabbed my arm.

“Hey, are you leaving?” Mina asked and I was completely stunned.

“Yeah, I think I took enough photos.” I managed to say to her. “Do you want me to take some more?”

“No. No, I just wanted to ask if you’re alright.”

“Yes, I am. I’m sorry about what happened earlier. I wish it didn’t ruin your wedding.”

“Don’t worry about that.” She said to me and for a few minutes we just stood there just looking at each other, looking for the right words to say. If there was any left.

“I guess I should be going now.” I spoke to her, when I realize that nothing was left to be said or done.

“Yeah.” She nodded. “Thank you for coming.” Her voice sounded sad.

“Of course, we’re best friends.” I can’t believe those bitter words came right out of my mouth. “Goodbye. I’ll just send you this photos once I’m done.”

I turned my back and started walking away from her once more. I can feel Mina’s eyes locked on me as if she wanted to tell me to stay but she knows that like before, I won’t. I don’t know why, but as I walk further away from her, flashbacks came running inside my brain. Suddenly, I remember all of it. The days when we were together, when we first met, how we found out that we were in love, and how the distance made us grew apart.

“Mina…” I stopped on my tracks. I took all the courage inside me and turned around to face her. I’m not sure, but it felt like the two of us are going on a journey far away from each other, and it felt like I may never see her again. So if this will be the last time, I should probably say the words that are yearning to escape my heart, even if it doesn’t have any weigh anymore. Even if they don’t mean that much to her anymore.

“You look so beautiful today.” I started walking closer to her and she looked surprised. “You always did. In fact, every moment that I’ve spent with you shined.” I paused and stood closely to her. “I’m sorry if it took me a long time to realize that.”

“Jinyoung…” She looked straight into my eyes as if she was searching for something.

“I’m sorry if I haven’t said it before. I hope you know that no matter what happens, I will completely and truly love you. Forever and always.” The words that I wanted to say for years have finally came out and it lifted so much from my chest. And as I let go of those words, I feel all the years that I’ve wasted flow in front of my eyes.

 

 

_______________________

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! As always, I enjoyed writing this chapter and I hope you enjoyed reading it too! Please do not forget to leave a comment, I appreciate it. I'll do my best in writing the next chapter and will upload it next week. Please, stay tune ^-^