Chorong

The Ones I Liked Before You (Xiumin series)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The whole gang was together again, for just a moment of time. But that moment was enough, considering we were in Jeju the entire week for a wedding. People were everywhere, and I mean EVERYWHERE.

There were people in line at the bar and there were others up on the second-level balcony looking over everyone else. People were having fun on the dance floor and some were sitting in circles in the booths.

The club’s business for the night was booming. Yeah, the bride and groom wanted a bachelor and bachelorette party but they didn’t want it to be separated. This party seemed more fun with all our friends together anyways.

Instead of being mixed in with the crowd, Minseok and I were huddled in a circle, along with a few of our friends, on the lit rooftop. Lights were strung from the wooden posts overhead and the music in the club was muffled. We all had a bottle or two of beer in our system as we enjoyed each other’s company.

Minseok’s arms were wrapped around my waist and I was leaning against his sturdy chest. Baekhyun was telling a very animated story as his hands flew everywhere while he spoke. Laughter could be heard from both the group and from inside the club.

Baekhyun wheezed with laughter, “And then–” he had to pause his story again to take a breather, “And then Jongin comes out of the bathroom and walks right into Soojung! I told him that people were coming over and he still managed to forget to bring his towel with him to the bathroom!” Baekhyun had to lean against the railing to keep himself up from laughing too hard at the story we’ve all heard.

You know those people who never fail to entertain even if they’re telling the same story over and over again? That was Baekhyun, for sure.

Jongin, the groom-to-be of the wedding, grew bright red immediately. I wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol that just kicked in or he was still embarrassed of what happened. Soojung, the bride-to-be, laughed along with everyone else. Jongin whined and reached over to hit Baekhyun.

“I swear, you never seem to NOT tell that story when we meet up,” Jongin huffed and Soojung lovingly patted his arm.

“You’re getting married! I can’t just not talk about how you and Soojung met,” Baekhyun mimicked Jongin’s whined while rubbing the spot that Jongin hit.

“Thank God we didn’t have that embarrassing of a meeting,” Minseok mumbled in my ear, and I giggled in response. That’s true. I couldn’t imagine our relationship if the first time I ever saw Minseok was right after he came out of the bathroom.

From the side, Irene clicked her tongue. She held up her hand that occupied a bottle of beer and pointed it at us accusingly after having heard our conversation. “Minseok, even if you guys don’t have an embarrassing first meeting, there are other funny stories of you.”

Yixing, who was standing right next to Irene, voiced a sound of agreement. “We’ve known you forever, we have a bunch of stories about Minseok being dumb.” Those in the group that had known Minseok for a longer time had cheered with Yixing. Minseok instantly groaned and rubbed his face in annoyance.

“I swear if anyone of you gave a speech at our wedding then we wouldn’t be friends anymore,” He frowned and pointed at everyone. The group simultaneously howled with energy at his words.

“Wedding huh?” Jongin quirked his lips into a smirk and reached across the group to teasingly nudge Minseok. It was my turn to become as red as a beet. Minseok, in response to the teasing, shielded me further into his arms so I could hide my embarrassed face from everyone.

From another part of the group, Chanyeol immediately raised his hand to speak as if he wanted someone to call on him. “I know t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter