Chapter 4

My Symphony

“Mom, I don’t want to go to a new school for the 6th time. Can’t I just be homed schooled?” Yongsun begged her mother. She could feel her body dreading, she hated making new friends all the time then once she gets to know them she moves.

 

“Can you stop whining, we promise we won't move in another 3 years till you graduate high school. So don’t worry my daughter, me and your father made a promise.” Her mom hugged her before kicking her out of the car. Her mother felt bad but what could she do, her husband was a businessman. “Have a good day my daughter!”

 

Yongsun walked into the school with unfamiliar faces and saw groups of friends that she never had. She looked for her name on the board to find her name. “Room K12… Where can that be?” She walked up and down the campus before finally discovering her room. She walked in with her only being the unfamiliar face then she sat down taking out her materials. After class was done, she went up to the balcony to eat her food since she didn’t know anyone to sit with, she started to tear up knowing how hard this was.

----

“Moonbyul! Where are you going?” Her classmates called her name. “Don’t worry about me kids!” She walked up to her spot that she had been going to since she was in middle school. It was her little getaway area. When she got to her spot she noticed a lonesome girl had take her secret area.

 

Byul tapped on the unaware girls back. “Excuse me, you. Miss?” The girl turned around as well as her hair swinging aside. She turned around with bread stuffed in trying to swallow before speaking. Moonbyul unintentionally began to laugh at the girl.

 

Yongsun’s chubby cheeks began to turn red like a tomato and stood up. “Don’t laugh at me!” She started to hit moonbyul on the arm. Her arms were like axes chopping down trees. “Stop it!” She whined.

 

“Wahh!! You’re so cute…” She glanced at the girl's name tag. “Yongsun… YongsunHae!” Moonbyul as the girl was still trying to swallow the bread. As she began to swallow more she choked on her food and began to cough hazardously.

 

“Follow me YongsunHAE!” Moonbyul grabbed the girl's arm suddenly dragging her to the student store to buy her water to wash down the food. Yongsun chugged down the water like a maniac.

 

“Thank you!” She stuck out her hand waiting for it to be grasped back. “I don’t shake hand with people I already know. I know you already we met 10 minutes ago when you choked remember.” Moonbyul liked talking to this girl she was easy to talk to and easy to tease.

 

“Well then, since you want to be so stubborn then, what is your name? You don't have a nametag on your shirt.” Yongsun pointed out to byul.

 

“My name is Moonbyul. You should remember that name YongsunHAE. I have a question to ask you.” Yongsun nodded her head directing byul to ask. “Are you new here because I have not seen you around here before?” Byul winked at the girl with her greasiness.

 

“I am new here, I moved here from Seoul. Crazy isn’t it, moving here a country place from an urban area.” Yongsun giggled trying to hold back her inner sadness she kept to herself.

 

“No, I don’t think that is crazy. I’m glad you moved here, you got to meet me, and I got to meet a very clumsy person.” Byul teased the girl again, she felt some sort of rage the girl had from all the teasing. “Well since you’re new, let me introduce you to some of my friends.” Byul brought the girl to her group of friends.

 

“Everyone this is Yongsun! She is new here so we should all help this lost puppy.” Byul put her hands around yongsun cheek and squished them. “Ahh… Yongsunhae! These are my two close friends, Hyejin and Wheein! My two other ugly puppies” Byul bursted with laughter seeing hyejin’s and wheein’s facial expression.

---------

 

“Good Job Solar! That was amazing!” The director commented to Solar as the staff had applaud as well on the hard work the girl has done. “Alright everyone let’s wrap it up for now and meet back in 4 hours so rest up!”

 

Solar walked towards her car as they handed her refreshments after the long day of no breaks. Solar entered the car as the manager closed the door behind her. As she sat in the seat she saw an unexpected visitor in her car.

 

Byul looked up at the tired girl putting her music notes down on her lap, “Hello Solar. Since you are so busy with your schedule the CEO has appointed me to ride with you wherever you go to make your album.” Byul handed her the lyrics and gave her the headphones and mic.

 

“Kangho! Why is this person in my car! Pull over now!” Solar yelled out to the manager, but her manager simply ignored her as he was given order that he has to follow before he gets fired. “Are none of you going to listen to me!” She questioned demanding a reply which she received no replies except for byul.

 

“Look Solar, I know you don’t want to see me but can we just get this over with without a fight. The faster we finish this, the faster I will vanish from your life which is your wish I will fulfill, I promise.” Byul promised the girl to get this contract going and her job.

 

They started to record the album after a very intense death stare solar was giving off. Both of them handled it somewhat professionally. Secretly byul stole some glances as solar’s voice mesmerized her mind. Her voice has grown since they were kids singing at a karaoke place.

“Good job that is it for the day as I will let you be.” Byul shut the door as she walked off getting into her personal car. As byul got in she drove herself down to Incheon to enjoy the nightlife to get away from all the stress of work and other stuff on her mind. As she was about to go inside the club they asked for her ID. She touched her back pockets and her coat pockets but all her personal items were not there. “I’m sorry I don’t have them on me.”

 

“Sorry Mam. I’m going to have to ask you to step aside and leave then.” The security showed her was to the exit sign, in a nice way of kicking her out of the building.

 

She walked back to her car to look for her phone and wallet. Byul was unlucky and they were not in her car, but they were missing. She backtracked her whole day and realized she left her items in Solar’s car. She quickly called the manager but the phone went to voicemail. “Why does that managers phone always go to voicemail when I need something important.” Byul just decided to call it a day and head back home and to get her items tomorrow.

---

*Tick Tick*

 

“Kangho! Where does that sound keep coming from is it your phone!?” Solar yelled at her manager becoming irritated of the little sounds. “Sorry Solar, but it is not me my phone is turned off how you like it to be.”

 

“Then where is it coming from.” She raised her voice. She looked over the area in the car and found a phone and a wallet. “Kangho is this your other personal phone? Because if it is I found it.” She held it up showing the items to her manager.

 

“No. That is not my stuff, it looks to expensive to be mine.” He said so casually knowing how frugal and cheap he was at buying items he needed.

 

Solar decided to open the wallet to figure whose items they were. When she opened the wallet a picture had fell out of the wallet, on to the floor of the car. Solar picked up the photo and glanced at it, she saw it was her and byul. The picture was Solar sitting on the chair next to byul when she had broke her leg, writing on her cast.

 

Solar looked at the photo for a good minute wondering why she still had these photos when she threw her photo’s of both of them all away in the garbage, except for group photos.

------

“Yong! Come over here and help me go clean the library! Please do lag, we need to get this done before we get in trouble again.” Byul called out to the lazy yong who felt her body was dragging. “Come here and wake up!” Byu walked over and grabbed her hand and dragged her to the library.

 

“Byul, I am so tired can we just slow down for a bit hmm… I am so tired Byul.” She held byul’s hand stopping her feet pulling byul to slow down her pace. As they arrived to the library they both had to put the books back on the shelf. Some were heavy books while others were light and tiny books.

 

As yong was putting the books away, she was too short to reach the area where the book was supposed to be, so she climbed on one of the steps of the shelf and she began to fall backwards including the bookshelf. “Byul!!!” She screamed as she fell.

 

Byul head her voice and turned backward catching the girl and falling on the floor. The bookshelf luckily fell onto the other bookshelf like dominos not squashing the two, but some of the books all fell onto byul. Byul looked down at the clumsy girl, “Yongsun are you okay?” Byul got back on her palms looking at the girl under her.

 

As byul tried to get up she noticed that her leg was stuck in between two bookshelves squashed. Her leg was in pain which was unbearable. A librarian saw and helped the two of them out. Later that day she went to the doctors to get an X-RAY to make sure nothing was broken. They found out the tibia had cracked, so she went home with a cast.

 

A week later byul came back to school with a broken leg with everyone cheering her on and helping her around the school. As she went to the classroom everyone signed her cast except for one. Yong had looked at Byul from afar then leaving without greeting byul.

 

“Yong! Yong!” Byul waved at the girl as her fellow classmates surrounded her desk signing her cast and asking what had happened to her and how she broke her leg, but was ignored by yong. After everyone signed her cast, she went to go look for Yongsun as she was being ignorant.

 

“Yeba! What are you doing up here? Do you know i’ve been searching for you all day.” Byul joked to yong but there was no reply. “What is wrong Yong? Are you not going to look at what you caused.” Byul still joked around with the clumsy girl. “Yong?” She held her shoulder while standing on her crutches.

 

“Go away byul. I don’t want to talk to you right now” Yong pouted staring at the ground eating her usual bread.

 

“Yonsunhae~~ what’s wrong hmm. Tell me.” Byul pushed and pulled her arm back and forth, slowly getting into her brain. “Yongsun… Why are you..” Yong turned around, byul saw the tears overflowing in her eyes. “What’s wrong Yong? Tell me, i’ll go fight them.”

 

Yong pushed byul’s arm away from her. “You, you did this byul!” Byul was surprised by her because she didn’t do anything to the pouting girl. “Yong what do you mean this is my first day back.” Yong was flustered by the conversation they are having.

 

“Byul.” Yong paused before speaking her mind. “I don’t want to see you hurt because of me byul. I can save myself next time.” She paused as she wiped her tears. Byul on the other hand was a bit confused but understanding. Yong began to walk away just as byul reached her hand stopping her from leaving.

 

“Yong it’s okay. It was my decision, so you have no say in what I do. So quit being mad at yourself.” Both of them quickly made up and hurdled together. They went back to class joining in with the rest of their friends talking and laughing at each other. Suddenly wheein and hyejin came up to them.

 

“Yong! Byul! Say cheese! Hurry up and smile!” Wheein had said as she brought out her polaroid camera. “You two get closer together you dorks!” Hyejin joked around with the two unnies as they were ready to capture the picture. “Alright 1...2…3…Smile!” Wheein had captured the picture and handed it to byul. “Memories guys!” Wheein and hyejin jumped on top of Byul and Yong giving a group hug.

----------

 

Solar had jumped out of her seat as she was startled. She looked down and figured byul’s phone was ringing.

 

“Hello Moonbyul! I was wondering how your trip was going, but I want to know when you are coming back here. You know it is not good for you to stay over there all alone for a long time. Remember! Anyways I miss you!” The lady spoke to byul but there was no reply but only silence in the background. “Hello byul??” There was still no reply, solar quickly ended the call.

 

“Kangho! Take these back to the company.” She handed it to her manager then told him to take her home first before heading back to the company.

 

Solar got out of her car. “Solar be ready by 5a.m. tomorrow.” Her manager had said before he drove off back to the company.

 

Just before reaching her house gate a person had approached her. “Solar.” She turned around seeing it was byul, she avoided her trying to open her gate. “Solar can you just stop.” Solar had closed the gate behind her. “Yongsun!” Byul yelled trying to hold solar back.

 

“What do you want byul? Why do you keep courting me?” Solar questioned as she was with an arrogant attitude. She spoke as the gate was between them blocking both of them.

 

“I’m sorry Solar.” Byul finally said the words to her. “Look i’m sorry solar, I tried to tell you that day, but it didn’t go as planned. I just didn’t know what to do.” Byul casually talked through the gates that blocked them from each other.

 

“You! Don’t you dare say sorry to me, because if you were that sorry you wouldn’t have left like that, but most of all you left me like that! With no spare words byul!” Solar spoke out her feeling not feeling sorry for byul, her words stiked byul like knives to the heart.

 

“I know… but I did it because it was best for you. Look at you now, you are the best and if I stood by you, you wouldn’t have gone this far.” Byul said for her replies.

 

“So you leaving for me was a good idea then. I’m glad you left me because if you didn’t leave I would be held back from all the opportunities that God has given me just like what my mom said! Good job byul i’m proud of you!” Solar applaud at the useless person that was in front of her.

 

Byul nodded grinning, she hesitated without knowing how to reply. “Yongsun.” She paused after saying feeling uneasy, suddenly she changed the topic. “Then I guess i’ll be going now. I’ll see you tomorrow then, goodbye Solar~~” Byul let go of the gate slowly not looking back, tucking her hands into her coat pockets walking away. Her back had slowly disappeared into the darkness that filled the streets.

 

Her last words left a remark on solar, sounding if she was saying goodbye to her. As byul walked through the streets, she glanced up at the sky and the streets. She thought maybe her world was meant to be filled with darkness, she deserved to be treated poorly since she was the one who left. When byul got into her car she drove home to sleep the night away.