Chapter 11

My Symphony

“Hello Mr. CEO” Answering the call.

 

“Byul come to my office right now!”

 

“Wh~” The phone hung up quickly before she could even say a word. “I guess i’ll be going then…” Quickly leaving for the company.

---

“Byul is here.” Closing the door behind Byul.

 

“Byul let me talk to you sincerely.” She nodded in response. “Answer wholeheartedly.” He loosened up his tie. “Is it because of money? Because if it is I can give you a higher raise.”

 

“No! Definitely not. I get enough money, the pay is fine.”

 

“Is it my management team? I just don’t understand. Or could it be me? Am I a bad person? Did I do something wrong.” He ranted.

 

“No. No. Everything is fine here." She walked torward his desk. "You have the best music industry I could every work in and I thank you for employing me.”

 

“Then why! Why did you hand me this.” Sliding the envelope towards her. “A two-week notice resignation letter! Are you kidding me” He angrily raised his tone. “In the middle of an album making too! Tell me what’s the reason before I won’t accept this bull.”

 

“Sir, it’s just because it’s me. It takes too much time out of my day, and I can’t have any time to myself. That’s all.”

 

“If you need vacation time I can give it to you. Just ask, you don’t need to resign. If it’s for vacation time then i’m not accepting it.” He walked towards byul to pick it up to throw it in the shredder.

 

Byul picked it up and swiped it away from him. “No. I have to quit.” Begging him.

 

“Why are you lying to me! What’s the truth?” Crossing his arms. “Is it because of Solar? Is she a hard head and not listening to you? Threatening you?" Byul disreagarded those thoughts. "Trust me I can take care of it.” He demanded.

 

“Definitely not! She is not a problem. It’s just that…” She trembled in her own thoughts. She hasn’t told anyone yet in person other than Krystal, but she was her doctor. She just didn't feel ready to speak out about her personal life yet.

 

“It’s just what? Did you get another offer from another company? You don’t have to lie to me.” Trying her force her out of her shell.

 

“You see. I have a medical issue that’s affecting me to work properly.” Unsure of how to explain this without haing people pitying her.

 

“Depression? If you are just tell me. I’ll help you and cancel everything till you’re ready to work again. I’ll give you a year off until you’re ready to come back.”

 

“It’s not that, but thank you for caring about me.” She took a deep breath before telling him the actual truth. “I’m going blind, and pretty soon I won’t be able to see to work or make music anymore.” She smiled. "Don't feel sorry for me either, I don't like pity." She felt the tension that was in the room.

 

It left him in shock, not being able to say anything. He didn't know how to reply to her, everything just seemed pitch black. “I see.” He took a long pause to even reply. “When did this all start?” Wanting to know more about the situation.

 

“It all started in high school, senior year. I mean I knew one day i’d go blind, but not this fast. I even have my own personal doctor.” She looked down at her watch. “And speaking of her I have to call her in an hour to check up with her.” Giggling thinking of Krystal. "I don't want to quit, but from what I know my condition is getting worst over the years, and if I wanted to cure it I would have to get surgery which I don't want."

 

“Well then… In that case i’ll accept it, but where will I find a music prodigy like you.” He joked. "If I could give you an advise it'd be to get surgery Byul. Life is precious and without sight, seeing people we love everyday. It would be like sleeping your life away, and I don't want that for you, you're still young. You still need to explore and live life." Giving her a life lesson. "Don't forget music is all about life and correspons to it, you're the prodigy music producer. Music and life are in sync with life, it's just like your own symphony."

 

Byul thought about what he said. Although she knew what he said was true, she still was unsure of what to do. "Thank you so much. I appreciate your advise, I will really think about it."

 

“Just tell me if you need any help with anything. If you ever recover from this, come back to me and I will give you the same job and a higher pay. You can bet on it.” He disappointedly said. “Well, Byul it was nice having you work here for me. I really appreciate the work you’ve done for me. Call me if you need anything, and I wish you the best of luck.”

 

Byul bowed to him. “Thank you! i’ll have my stuff out of the studio by next week” She walked out of the room as if they just had a regular conversation as usual. She turned back, "Oh just between me and you, don't tell Solar yet. Please."

 

"Don't worry, I won't say a thing." Smiling at her. "I'll let you know when I host a meeting for the whole crew to know about your departure. The crew and I will miss you deeply byul." Waving at her.

 

"Thank you! Once again, thank you for everything you've done for me. I really appreaciate it." Waving as she closed the door behind her.