Chapter One

The Blackout
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Woohyun took a deep breath as he finished packing his worn, grey overnight bag. He had double checked it, making sure that his flashlight, water bottle, warm clothing, and most of all, instant coffee were packed, along with other necessities were stuffed in with the rest of his clothing and random things. His roommates were picking him up soon, having gone shopping at the last minute, because that was what Sungjong was best at doing. Shopping and procrastinating. His boyfriend, Myungsoo, was somehow more that happy to put up with his excessive shopping, which ensured that Sungjong was very spoiled and very loved.

 

Woohyun smiled, carrying his bag outside, only to run back upstairs to grab his soft blanket. It was supposed to be very cold in the cabin they were going to, and it was rumored to be haunted, as well. That raised the allure of it, especially with this being the month of October...and Halloween.

 

By the time he reached the door again, he found he was just in time, as Myungsoo's black car was pulling into the driveway. The tall young man stepped out of the car, straightening his ever-present black cap and grinning at Woohyun. "All set?"

 

 

Woohyung grinned back at him, getting more excited, now that it was actually happening. This was going to be very fun, and not likely as scary as it was rumored to be. "Am I ever! This is going to be so much fun, especially if you guys remembered the alcohol."

 

The pretty man in the passenger seat shared a look with Myungsoo, laughing quietly. "Of course we remembered the alcohol. You'll need it. We all will."

 

The oldest of the three nodded, completely overlooking Sungjong's hints in the phrase. He was way too excited to pay attention, and that would work to their advantage. His spaciness was a good thing, in this case.

 

Myungsoo emerged from the house with a grocery bag filled with food from the cabinet and a case of water, opening the empty back seat and placing the bag on the floorboard. "Woo, you can ride in the other side and set your bag on the seat next to you." The tall young man paused, staring at the locked house for a long moment before deciding he was confident that they hadn't forgotten anything. Nodding to himself, he slipped into the driver's seat and starting the engine.

 

Woohyun placed his bag on the seat and slid in next to it, glad that they were finally on their way to freedom for the weekend.He smiled as Myungsoo backed out of the driveway, setting them on their journey.

 

*

 

As they drove near the location of the cabin, Woohyun noticed that the road they were supposed to turn onto was suspicious, being a dirt road that had obviously not seen traffic in years, judging from the overgrown greenery and hard-packed dirt. Myungsoo stopped his car, pulling off to look at Mapquest again. It took him several minutes to find service, but when he did, he nodded to the other two. This was the correct location. It was just out in the middle of nowhere, and the realization of the situation put a damper on their high spirits.

 

"Well, I guess if we get stranded out here, we have lots of food and water to keep us going!" Sungjong laughed nervously, taking Myungsoo's phone to study it as his boyfriend turned the car down the shadowy dirt road. They finally came to a stop when they reached the cabin itself, staring at the drafty, small log cabin. Despite the dreary situation, Woohyun felt his heart beating faster, knowing this was the beginning of a great adventure. It would certainly be different than what they were used to, at the least!

 

 

Before he could get out, he saw Myungsoo rummaging in his small, black bag in the front. He smiled when he saw what the other man was after: his camera. Pulling it out, he stepped out of the car first, walking around the cabin to take pictures of it before the scene was ruined by human tracks. Grinning at the other two, he walked back to the car, opening the door for Sungjong and kissing him before getting his duffle bag. Woohyung had always found it odd that no matter what else Myungsoo was taking with him, his camera never stayed in the trunk or the back seat. It was his most prized posession, and he would probably die before giving it up or letting it get ruined.

 

Sighing, Woohyung got out of the car, pulling his bag off of the seat, as well as the bag of snacks Myungsoo had brought from home. Walking over to the cabin, he tried the door, only to find that it was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter